Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Arctic Silver 5 need to be mixed or shaken every once in awhile? I reapplied to my NB because the heatsink accidently got lifted during cleaning and when I went to apply, the consistency of it was rather odd. It wasn't as thick as it was when I applied it to my CPU a few months ago.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I noticed some AS5 I bought from Radioshack had some different consistancy than that of a larger tewb I had bought from newegg some time back. I found it odd myself, maybe the one I got from the shack had gotten old (Considering the shack isn't really known for carrying a lot of PC parts I'd think it possible)?

I'm pretty sure there really is no way to mix or shake any tubed TC. It's simply too thick and inaccessible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How old is it? The contents may shift/separate over time, regardless of whether the TIM has a shelf-life. Was the tube sitting upright or on it's side? In the former case, the separation could be more apparent perhaps.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it at the beginning of summer and its been on its side, under my monitor haha

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
It should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts