Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm narrowed down some/most of the possibilities......

I have everything manual(ram timings and speed (16 (00 set to factory speed)), and everything else on auto. It is not overclocked...so most other settings are on auto. I had it working flawlessly for a while. IntelBurnTest would complete...no issues.

All of a sudden, I can't finish 1 itteration on IBT. I've memtested the ram. Fiddled with every setting. I can't fix it.

Basically, in the middle of stressing, my screen goes black (monitor stays awake), and the entire computer becomes non-responsive. No HDD activity, even if I plug in a new device to see if the hdd searches for drivers. Nothing.

Any ideas? PSU? I works flawlessly in my q9650 OC system with stress....so I don't think that is it. I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
972 Posts
It seems that the overclock might be EXTREMELY unstable, of course the computer is not going to recognize anything if it crashed. Since you've already ruled out memory Try clearing the CMOS and leaving everything on auto.

Also, i extremely recommend going back the 1053 bios. These motherboards seem to be whiny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it isn't overclocked.

I ordered a new PSU and I'm gonna swap the mobo to see if that fixes it. Last thing is the CPU I guess.

...sucks

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Sorry to jack your thread but where exactly is the cmos jumper? is the clrtc the cmos jumper?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just going off my memory here cause i'm not near a manual or mobo......I don't think there is a cmos jumper. I think the only way to cleat the cmos is the button on the rear panel by the usb ports

·
Registered
972 Posts
The CMOS jumper is located next to the green light on the bottom of the board (on a P8P6 PRO)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
ok then it is the clrtc or whatever. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so I determined that the issue with my pc was the latest nvidia driver for my gtx 260. driver version 260.99. I was able to use my pc for a few hours with no issues after removing the driver.

now I need to find the most recent, stable driver................

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rkolb86
View Post

so I determined that the issue with my pc was the latest nvidia driver for my gtx 260. driver version 260.99. I was able to use my pc for a few hours with no issues after removing the driver.

now I need to find the most recent, stable driver................

I am sorry, but I do not see how ur nvidia drivers is causing IBT to fail... Did you by chance run ccleaner or something during the uninstall ?

Its far more likely you are having RAM issues that are slowly corrupting your programs/OS.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmp459
View Post

I am sorry, but I do not see how ur nvidia drivers is causing IBT to fail... Did you by chance run ccleaner or something during the uninstall ?

Its far more likely you are having RAM issues that are slowly corrupting your programs/OS.

This. I am running 260.99 on my GTX275 / P8P67 Pro and a 2500k with a 24/7 stable OC of 4.5ghz. Biggest issue I've had is getting the memory stable on it. While it worked just fine on my older setup, SB just doesn't seem to like it very much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry...let me be a little more clear.

It was the nvidia driver causing the issue. It occurring during IBT was just coincidence. It happens when not stressing the PC as well. I used some old nvidia drivers and BAM! no problems any more.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rkolb86
View Post

sorry...let me be a little more clear.

It was the nvidia driver causing the issue. It occurring during IBT was just coincidence. It happens when not stressing the PC as well. I used some old nvidia drivers and BAM! no problems any more.

I'm wondering now if that's causing some problems with other people unstable P67 setups.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's very possible. It won't have anything to do with boot issues of course, which is the ram issue that most seem to be having. But def once windows is loaded. I used two different nvidia GPUs using 260.99 and 260.89....with major issues. The PC would just stop responding and the screen would go black. 258.96 from windows update worked flawlessly and resolved my issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts