Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently noticed that my Vcore was higher than it used to be, but i didnt change any settings. it only happens once in a while, and seems to be most common after the computer comes back from standby. is this just the bit of extra voltage to boot the computer back up? i noticed it happending at a few other times, but only after i woke the computer up from stand by.

Vcore voltages:

BIOS: 1.2875v
high CPUz: 1.26v (+.012v above normal)
normal CPUz: 1.248v
load CPUz: 1.216v

like i said, this mostly only happens after standy. i know most people disable standby and other power saving features after OCing. im not too worried about it cause its a very small increase that is WAY below what this chip can handle. i was just curious as to why this is happening. i can understand it happening just to boot the computer back up, but idk why it happens during regular usage (after coming back from standby)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
gigabytes EP45's have voltage increments 0.00625v.and for any given vcore example:
1.3400v to 1.350v in bios will read 1.32v in cpuz.but it takes three vcore increases in the bios to move up vcore reading in cpuz at idle.and sometimes it will fluctuate between the two values as cpuz reads in slightly different increments.i think this is what your seeing?it might be putting a different kind of load during resume from standby?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i just put it in 'sleep' and brought it back, but it didnt do it this time. i think it was just some extra voltage to bring the comp back up.

i noticed that gigabyte boards need a couple Vcore bumps in BIOS to get a change in CPUz. i think i was running 1.27xx and CPUz was 1.248 still, but load Vcore was 1.200v. i had to increase all the way to 1.2875v in BIOS to get 1.216v LOAD Vcore, this gave me a stable 4.05ghz OC in IBTx50. my idle is still 1.248v

1 - 5 of 5 Posts