Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My card doesn't have a similar layout to any volt mods I found on Google so maybe someone can help me before I guess and destroy my card
biggrin.gif

Reference vmod/read points:

For the vGPU read points C639 is in an entirely different location but reads 1.254v idle and 1.251v during load.

For the vMem read points I can't find any resistors labeled similarly but poking random points I found C537 reads 2.07v during idle and load.

Am I way off on those? Even if I've got the read points correct, where the hell are my vmod points?
confused.gif

none of my ICs are the same and I'm lost
headscratch.gif

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
What brand is the card? Some cards have controllers on the other side of it. Gotta find what looks like the controller, then a datasheet on it and probe around. Lots of fun
biggrin.gif

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a blast...
whistle.gif

EVGA 9800GTX+, the one with one 6-pin vs two 6-pins. Here's the front side of the cards and I'll yank off the heatsink in a few minutes and a nab a nekkid picture

I killed a 8800GTX last week when a thermal pad shifted on the VRMs and and bridged some contacts so I was trying to avoid taking the heatsink off until I ran into cooling issues but...
biggrin.gif

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you're my hero
wheee.gif

gotta take a second look and make sure before I whip out the soldering iron but it looks identical to mine at a glance

I'm 0:2 when it comes to volt modding so maybe I'll keep these alive if I just copy bassplayer
whistle.gif

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
I killed like 2 cards years ago, then got better. First was an 8800gts then an 8800gt. Tried to solder while talking on the phone.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Killed a 8800GTS then a 8800GTX ... hopefully won't add two 9800GTX+'s to that list anytime soon but it's definitely the same card as bassplayers so we'll see
biggrin.gif

thanks again!

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
need a close up of the IC near the power connections on the front side PCB and the 14-leg IC just above the sticker on the backside of PCB

*core and mem respectively

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

need a close up of the IC near the power connections on the front side PCB and the 14-leg IC just above the sticker on the backside of PCB

*core and mem respectively
Looks like bassplayer's card is exactly the same as mine and he's got this point for core:

and this point for vMem:

cell phone with no marco, best I can do at 10pm... but if ya wanna give it a second look and help ease my nerves be my guest but I'm almost 100% certain his card is identical to mine
biggrin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts