Overclock.net banner

Is FurMark or OCCT too stressful?

• Yes...Use something else (please specify)

Votes: 69 20.2%
  • Meh kinda sorta

Votes: 123 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 150 43.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 926 Posts

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, and welcome to the ATI 1GHz club. For those of you who do not know what this is about, look in my sig. You will see I am running 1030c on my ATI card
well, this thread is for those who are 1000c or any ATI card.

Anyone who is running 1GHz on their ATI core clock is welcome!

You do not need to run FurMark or OCCT to be in this club, just 1000c stable enough to play games.

IF YOU WANT IN THE CLUB, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO AT LEAST RUN 3DMARK VANTAGE OR 3DMARK 06 WITH YOUR CARD @ 1000 CORE OR HIGHER AND COMPLETE IT! YOU ALSO HAVE TO HAVE A VALIDATION FROM GPU-Z! MY RULES ARE FLEXIBLE!

FOR THOSE OF YOU SEEKING NOTABILITY, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DO:

1.Be able to pass at least 20 (1 minute idle, 15 minute test, 4 minute cool down) minutes of OCCT GPU with 8 shader complexity, full screen 1024x768 w/ error checking on with NO ERRORS!

Or run FurMark for 900 seconds (15 minutes) without any kind of artifacts! ~ This rule applies to those with a bolded title! Otherwise your just added to the thread!

2. Must have a GPU-z validation

3. MUST HAVE A SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR STRESS TEST (FurMark, Kombuster, OCCT GPU, etc...) IF YOU WANT TO BE ENTERED IN WITH ELITE (15 minutes of Furmakr or Kombuster, or 20 Minutes of OCCT GPU, etc...) OR VIP (30 minutes of Furmark, Kombuster, or 35 minutes of OCCT etc...). You know something like this

4. If you are willing to run 30 minutes of FurMark or OCCT (8 shader complexity) or more (1800+ seconds), I will put your name in red for full stability no matter what! ~ This is the highest stability you can get with a card. I will PM you for with an individual badge to put in your sig for this + rep.

5. If you do not like using FurMark to stress your GPU, run Crysis 10 times and watch it for any sign of instability. Same goes for FarCry 2 and what not. MUST BE MAX RES YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS AND HAVE AT LEAST 4AA!!! SETTINGS MUST BE SET TO THE MAX!

6. You can also use [email protected], but I find this rather unreliable. But if you can run 1hours @ said OC with the view OPEN then you are stable.

7. You may also us GPUtool but you have to have at least 30 mintues of stress testing.

8. EXCEPTION RULE - If you do not feel comfortable running FurMark or any like program, please prove to me your card is 100% stable and will give you VIP status.

9. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RUN FURMARK TO BE IN THE CLUB! AS LONG AS YOU CAN PROVE YOU CAN PLAY GAMES AND SUCH ON YOUR OC, YOU ARE IN!
EX: Run Crysis Benchmark 20-30 times.

10: WHEN THE MSI HD5870 LIGHTNING COMES OUT, AND YOU HAVE ONE, YOU HAVE TO IMPRESS ME WITH THE CARD TO GET INTO THIS CLUB! THEN IF YOU CAN, PROVE YOUR STABLE!

11. If you want in the club, but you have questions and concerns, PM me. I am very lax when it comes to the rules.

For those of you having issues getting to 1GHz core because of CCC, try this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
ENBLING UNOFFICIAL OVERCLOCKING in MSI AfterBurner

I attemped this and asked advice from some people and didn't really get a straight answer as to steps. So I indulged myself to figure it out.

I also wanted to inform those of you having issues enabling the "unofficial Overclocking" feature in the MSIafterburner Program for convenience of NOT having to use Both the AMD GPU Tool (to change the frequency) AND MSI Afterburner (Just for the voltage). And to try this Before Flashing the BIOS like some are attempting, when the issue really may only be taking the right steps to change the .cfg file and saving it properly...

Here are instructions on how to do so. Make sure that you follow step #4. Otherwise it won't work!

1.) Open the MSIAfterburner.cfg with Notepad
2.) Change the "enable unofficial overclocking" Value of 0 to 1.
3.) Select "File" and select "Save as".
4.) When the save window pops up select "All Files" in the "Save as type" box and save!
It wil ask you to confirm the "Overwrite of the file" Select "yes".

You are done and should be able to Use ONLY MSI Afterburner to overclock your ATI Series Card past the max CCC Frequency!

Have fun!!!

Please note: IF you can prove your OC is 100% stable any way (doesn't matter if you use OCCT, FurMark, or what) I will give you VIP status. Otherwise, welcome to the club!!!!!
Once I get Google Spreadsheet set up, I will put it in here

Please post using the following format (I will be lax on this)

OCN name
ATI card model/make
Core clock w/ percentage OC
Validation of stability (OCCT screen shot)
GPU-z screen shot or validation link.

My validation will be comign soon!

Okay, I saved a screenshot of furmark and it was at 2166s... :/ but I cannot find it. Here is the rest of my stuff:

Core %
Mem %

Will be organized by highest Core overclock!

Cut above all else:

Contagion - Sapphire 5770 V2 - 1130/1415 - 33%/18% Validation

Mastiffman - Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 - 1.337v - 1106/1425 - 30%/18.75% - Validated

Patch - Reason why

HD 5xxx series

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tC156WRMHWNl5nyOzZEJ4bg&w=500&h=500 Google Spreadsheet

HD 4xxx

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tk4i-tNZIVx2DqIqI6YX9aQ&w=500&h=500 Google Spreadsheet

HD 3xxx (doubt this)
Patch - GOD AMONG GODS!
I will not post his scores here for they are too damn awesome. The only thing I will post here is a link

HD2000

For those of you who want to advertise this thread, fell free to stick this in your thread!

Code:

Code:
[B]      [URL=http://tinyurl.com/ybkybyt]~***Offical ATI 1000MHz Core Club***~[/URL]  [/B]
VIP 1GHz Useres:

Official VIP Members of ATi 1GHz Core Club:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tcoNkW4vV4MyiwUXkoG5yPg&w=250&h=500 Google Spreadsheet

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Work harder and you will get there!

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is for any and all ATI cards that have 1GHz core

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone has any way to make this better, please let me know. Otherwise, start posting if you have a 1GHz core on your ATI card.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1.325v I could hit higher clocks if I had lower temps at the same voltages!

·
Banned
8,570 Posts
uhmmm there is already a post on this man. I say post your clocks in the other thread. Nobody will care if it's not a 5800 series.

·
Banned
6,566 Posts
By the way, lord xeb, I noticed furmark doesn't push the core temperatures hard if you use 8xmsaa. Try benchmarking with no antialiasing and tell me if your card can tolerate 10 to 15 celcius increase in temperatures pls.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do not use 8AA. it use none. That is for OCCT <.<

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Will be posting up soon with 1060/1415
1080/1435 gets damn hot.
Not sure it can last 30 minutes of stress.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It has to be stable. But that is a damn good OC.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Xeb
View Post

It has to be stable. But that is a damn good OC.

Yeah it is.
It isn't completely stable so, unfortunetely I cannot post it up here.
I use it for benching as it is stable enough for Vantage runs and Crysis runs.
It hits 86C
haha.
I can get 1060 to pass 30 minutes I think.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, when you do, you cannot have any kind of artifacting! My 1030/1400 card does not OC at all

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Dang, one more reason to flash asus bios onto my card. Keep meaning to, but havent yet. Still not sure how confertable I am with it, and not sure where the bios is to download.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtcn77 View Post
How much voltage you had contagion?
For 1060, it seems to be running fine on 1.337v

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I need 1.325v for 1030....