Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does this office build look ? This is going to be a Point of Sale PC.

1. Can't decide on a cheap case.

2. The PC is going to be running about 6 different software at the same time. That processor should be enough right ? other 65W processors are not much faster than this ?

3. Any cheaper PSU , don't know if ATX12V should be good or i need EPS12V PSU.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

get this cpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...03300&Tpk=7750
yeah it uses more electricity but in reality it may cost you like $1 a month more to run (probably less)

no on the case, has to be a cheap build. lol, imagine a 300 in an office

but the processor, how faster is than the one i had in the build, also i don't know if the motherboard will be able to handle the TDP

·
Registered
952 Posts
7750 is a lot faster than a 4850e(and the temp diod is faulty on my cpu, guess its the brisbane bug) , and it's BE too
And yes i had a 7750 so i know what i'm talking about . Go for the Kuma! It's worth it

·
My claws fix anything
3,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf2009
View Post

no on the case, has to be a cheap build. lol, imagine a 300 in an office

but the processor, how faster is than the one i had in the build, also i don't know if the motherboard will be able to handle the TDP

That 7750 is about 20% faster clock for clock than the brisbane that you had picked out earlier, and that mobo should handle the TDP just fine, most 780G boards support 125w, and I dont think I've seen a mainstream board that supports less than 95w.

That PSU is overkill for that build. You wont be using more than 200w with that setup.

Try this one, its a good quality corsair PSU and is $40 after MIR, and has free shipping
. Try this promo code too, its says its worth another 20% off.
Quote:

Additional 20% off w/ promo code "Mar20", ends 3/31

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139008

Try this for a case, its pretty basic looking, and has free shipping... which is usually way pricey on cases.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811147058

Good luck with your build

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
for a POS Machine a single core Sempron will work, the POS where i work now is still running a 386SX.
ya its not that of a POS machine, it needs to function well. the machine it is replacing has a P4, so it needs to be better

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I'm gonna 3rd the 7750 BE. It isn't a POS machine. And for the price, you definitely can't beat it. Like logan said, it's about 20-25% faster clock-for-clock.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
7750 ftw!!

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,022 Posts
that processor is way too cool for that PSU i suggest getting a higher specs processor like 77750BE or try downgrading the PSU a bit..since its just for office processing purposes only..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts