Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 6173 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

I know I don`t have 1440p + but I'm looking for the cheapest matte monitor that's 1440p plus so the catleaps are out. Thanks.
Also with all the ocing 670s discussion I'd like to add my results. 1287 boost and +400 men right now. Still pushing it though, and as I don't have a 680 PCB card I probably won't unlock the voltage.
Honestly these Korean 1440p monitors became a life saver for many of us. Especially me. Here in Turkey a Dell U2711 costs around 1000$ due to taxes and other stuff so I never thought I would go for that monitor, hence I learned about the Korean displays 2 weeks ago and I got one myself for a total of 410$ including customs fee. In my case it was a great deal. And definitely worth it. I have a little bit of backlight bleeding in the lower left corner but its not a big deal for me. If you want to get into the 1440p gaming (which is honestly amazing and looks so beautiful) consider these Korean displays.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uliena View Post

Count me in with Achievia Shimian QH270-Lite and Gigabyte Radeon 7970 OC.
added
thumb.gif

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
My problem is not the monitor but more the lack of AG coating. I sincerely love it.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:

My problem is not the monitor but more the lack of AG coating. I sincerely love it.
Ahh i see.. Ag coating is a dilemma. Some people hate it, some people love it
redface.gif

I wonder if there are any Korean displays that have AG coating, because there are many different versions of these monitors. If not, Dell U2711 or the HP one are probably your best alternatives.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
OK thanks. I'm actually interested in that new one which has been leaked. It seems to be cheaper due to the different type of IPS. I'm thinking that'll be my best bet.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:

OK thanks. I'm actually interested in that new one which has been leaked. It seems to be cheaper due to the different type of IPS. I'm thinking that'll be my best bet.
Good luck with your hunt. No matter what, you will enjoy 1440p gaming and your 670 will do just fine with it
thumb.gif

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
so it
wink.gif

love my monitor. it is an HP LP3065.

30 inches, 1600p, and beautiful.

however, i would really like a 1400p or more display that is more energy efficient. this one is almost 250watts when in use. thats insane. like = to my rig while gaming.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoobs View Post

so it
wink.gif

love my monitor. it is an HP LP3065.
30 inches, 1600p, and beautiful.
however, i would really like a 1400p or more display that is more energy efficient. this one is almost 250watts when in use. thats insane. like = to my rig while gaming.
added you to the club with your HP
thumb.gif

Why dont you get the 1440p HP one than? which is 27inches. Might suit your needs but I am not sure if it is energy efficient or not.

Also what kind of a GPU(s) are you feeding to your monster monitor.

It isnt easy to maintain good FPS on a 1600p monitor
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
405 Posts
iARDAs, niiice. Thanks for starting the club.
smile.gif

Here's my application:

Catleap Q270 driven by 2 x EVGA GTX670 FTW in SLi

Catleap Q270 driven by EVGA GTX560Ti (gf's)

EDIT: Have you tried OCing the monitor? I got around ~65Hz with my 2F rev.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos07 View Post

2x Achieva Shimians with a single EVGA 680 2GB.
Nice looking setup :))

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCB View Post

iARDAs, niiice. Thanks for starting the club.
smile.gif

Here's my application:
Catleap Q270 driven by 2 x EVGA GTX670 FTW in SLi
Catleap Q270 driven by EVGA GTX560Ti (gf's)
EDIT: Have you tried OCing the monitor? I got around ~65Hz with my 2F rev.
Added you too bro and your gf :)

I didnot OC it yet as I am kinda scared to blow it :)

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Even borderlands look amazing in 1440p. Can't wait to play the second one in 1440p.

I by the way put my Gigabyte 670 Windforce on sale, and will be grabbing a Zotac 4GB 670 GTX and will SLI it later. What do you guys think? Is this a good route?

Perhaps I can get 2 680GTX 4GB but it doesnt seem to be worth it.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
You may wanna put the classified in your sig, like I did.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Dell U2711 @ 2560x1440 & EVGA + Gigabyte GTX680 SLI

It's an old picture from my old house, will be updating it later!
smile.gif

At the moment I am having no issues with vram on latest games, I only use MSAAx2 at most as I find anything above that quite useless (to me, and my eyes) at this amazing resolution.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:

Unfortunately in Turkey we dont have the Evga brand. I have to order it online but if something happens i would have to send it internationally back to USA.

Zotac is the only 4GB 670 available here at the moment.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post

It's an old picture from my old house, will be updating it later!
smile.gif

At the moment I am having no issues with vram on latest games, I only use MSAAx2 at most as I find anything above that quite useless (to me, and my eyes) at this amazing resolution.
biggrin.gif
Added you too bro. :)

I actuall decided to get the Zotac GTX670 4GB. It uses the 680 PCB and cooler so I am hoping for good results. I agree that 2GB is enough, and the effects of MSAA is not much in 1440p, but I believe I will skip the 7xx generation and use my GTX670 SLI 4GB setup for the next 1-2 years.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Well here are the updated pictures from my current house:

It's not as organized as I'd like it to be, but sharing the room with my brother ain't easy. At least he doesn't mind me using almost the whole desk.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Nice setup kcuestag...

The monitor looks lovely. May the glory of 1440p gaming in 27 inch never leave your side :)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Quote:

Unfortunately in Turkey we dont have the Evga brand. I have to order it online but if something happens i would have to send it internationally back to USA.

Zotac is the only 4GB 670 available here at the moment.
doh.gif
A classified is the for sale thread.

21 - 40 of 6173 Posts