Originally Posted by 3930K View Post

doh.gif
A classified is the for sale thread.
aAAAAAhhh I get it now, lol

Fail by my part :)

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
So either tomorrow or Saturday I will be getting my Zotac GTX 670 4GB GPU. I am guessing that the extra Vram will help alot in Crysis 2.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorhi View Post

I've noticed that out of those signed up for the club so far only a few are running AMD's.
thinking.gif
Well there will be more and more people signing into the club and than we can better see how many users are on the Red side, and how many are on the Green side.

But so far you are right, the green side is favoured amongs this small list of 1440p or above users.

Though the 2GB vram is enough for 95% of the games out there, still it will be a bottleneck for games like Crysis 2 in DX11 and high res texture pack, or maybe Skyrim at Max.

I can not wait to get my 4gb card oevr the weekend, and I can not wait to add a 2nd one to it.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshizl View Post

oh oh add me dell 30" powered by amd 6990
The Dell u3011???

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Figured id post pics of my setup, since others were
biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

20120722_115304.jpg

20120717_183442.jpg

·
Premium Member
32,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorhi View Post

I've noticed that out of those signed up for the club so far only a few are running AMD's.
thinking.gif
Well there will be more and more people signing into the club and than we can better see how many users are on the Red side, and how many are on the Green side.

But so far you are right, the green side is favoured amongs this small list of 1440p or above users.

Though the 2GB vram is enough for 95% of the games out there, still it will be a bottleneck for games like Crysis 2 in DX11 and high res texture pack, or maybe Skyrim at Max.

I can not wait to get my 4gb card oevr the weekend, and I can not wait to add a 2nd one to it.
2GB of VRAM isn't a bottleneck on ANY single monitor resolution.
wink.gif
The card itself on the otherhand...now that's a possibility. Remember that the GTX 670 and 680's are both bandwidth starved little monsters. They can't fully utilize 4GB of VRAM anyway.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post

2GB of VRAM isn't a bottleneck on ANY single monitor resolution.
wink.gif
The card itself on the otherhand...now that's a possibility. Remember that the GTX 670 and 680's are both bandwidth starved little monsters. They can't fully utilize 4GB of VRAM anyway.
Oh yeah not a bottleneck maybe but honestly i hit some scary memory levels in Crysis 2 without DX11 and Ultra res pack.

I even hit 1800 mhz on Battlefield 3 64 player maps without MSAA.

Kcuestag gave me a hint that I can always disable Windows Aero to free some memory though,

But I honestly want to grab 2 4gb 670s for a nice 1440p experience. I would have gone for 2 4gb 680s but they are no where in stock here in Turkey.

Again most games i play currently utilize around 1GB of Vram but 2-3 games are extreme exceptions for that.

Also I am too scared to fire Metro 2033 on 1440p. :) I wonder the memory usage on that game.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Quote:

The Dell u3011???
ya 2560x1600 30" = Dell U3011

·
Premium Member
32,931 Posts
Just because a game is reserving that much VRAM, doesn't mean it NEEDS that much to provide a playable experience.
wink.gif
Your memory is there to use, let the game use it. That doesn't mean you need 4GB cards, that just means that the game is reserving so much for it to use, just in case it needs it (which it won't).

If you've already got a 2GB 670 or whatever, just grab a second 2GB card and enjoy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Add me, Dell 3007WFP (1600) and XFX 6970
biggrin.gif

Ever since I got the 30" monitor, I find it really hard to go to anything below 27", it's just that great

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandaddict View Post

Add me I guess. I've got a 30 inch Dell U3011 on a GTX 680.
thumb.gif
added you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1ckset View Post

ya 2560x1600 30" = Dell U3011
just added him

Nice setup by the way. Loving your machine and screen, Enjoy 1440p gaming bro
thumb.gif

Mousepad is badass
ph34r-smiley.gif

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRussian View Post

biggrin.gif

Ever since I got the 30" monitor, I find it really hard to go to anything below 27", it's just that great
ya i know i sold my Dell U3011 to try eyefinity with 3x 24" 1080p monitors, worst mistake ive ever done!

·
Premium Member
32,931 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

biggrin.gif

ya i know i sold my Dell U3011 to try eyefinity with 3x 24" 1080p monitors, worst mistake ive ever done!
And to think, I was debating on trading my 3007WFP for 3x 2312HM's for portrait Eyefinity. Hmm, guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled for some 20" 1600x1200's still then.
smile.gif

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Quote:

added you
just added him

Nice setup by the way. Loving your machine and screen, Enjoy 1440p gaming bro
thumb.gif

Mousepad is badass
ph34r-smiley.gif
ya i love it to, the 690 gets 100fps+ in any game without turbo boost kicking in, im planing on watercooling my system soon

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:

Just because a game is reserving that much VRAM, doesn't mean it NEEDS that much to provide a playable experience.
wink.gif
Your memory is there to use, let the game use it. That doesn't mean you need 4GB cards, that just means that the game is reserving so much for it to use, just in case it needs it (which it won't).
If you've already got a 2GB 670 or whatever, just grab a second 2GB card and enjoy.
Too late. Already sold my Gigabyte 670 Windforce. One of the reasons that I sold it was that the custom cooler was dumping the hot air inside the case, and when i want to add a 2nd one, the heat could be terrible inside the case. I opted for a Zotac 670 4GB which has a 680 pcb and cooler. I hope I wont regret it :)

Quote:

biggrin.gif

Added.

Well i can understand you. I now have a 27inch screen and I can not go back to 24 inch or 1080p all together. For me bottom line in gaming is 27" and 1440p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prymus View Post

In Catleap Driven by 560ti sli
Added :)

Quote:

ouchh... Eyefinity and Surround are also nice but I love the IPS panel, high resolution and bigger screen.

Quote:

And to think, I was debating on trading my 3007WFP for 3x 2312HM's for portrait Eyefinity. Hmm, guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled for some 20" 1600x1200's still then.
smile.gif
Are there any 20 inch 1200p monitors out there???

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Quote:

ya i love it to, the 690 gets 100fps+ in any game without turbo boost kicking in, im planing on watercooling my system soon
I would have gone for the 690 too but selling dual GPU cards are a pain in the arse here in Turkey, they yield incredible losses while selling. I learned my lesson from 590. NEver buy a dual GPU card in Turkey because it is VERY VERY hard to sell it later.

41 - 60 of 6173 Posts