Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone got their hands on and tried with X570? B550?
How is the PBO + Curve Optimisers on these chips

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,887 Posts
Placed some orders for 5700Gs.

Looking to make some cheapo PCs around the workshop here. Mostly used for ordering, communication and updates.

Although, finding that perfect 'motherboard' shall be quite a chore :cry: :sick: :sick: .

Need to avoid above all else, anything Made by Gigabyte.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Bought one 5700G for replacement of the 4650G I have, which will be used in another system as I had initially planned.

The 4650G was a disappointment in general other than to play around with for MEM OC for a while. WIll use it to upgrade a Ryzen 5 1600X system with a older GPU. One build where is used a Passive NH-P1 to cool the system for fun. Should manage really well with the 4650G there.

The 5700G I hope is not locked down like the PRO 4650G was. You could not increase PPT/TDC/EDC from stock values making it really gimped in performance overall.
(4650G had horrible Manual OC clocks as well, trash silicon)

·
I <3 narcissists
7,164 Posts
I was thinking about getting one to replace my 3700x/WX3200 work machine but I went full ****** and bought a laptop instead.

If the 5700g turns out to be better, I may replace my 5600x with it at some point. I like having the iGPU as a fallback for when things go wrong.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,580 Posts
thinking of replacing my HTPC's 4650G with a 5700G too, but I rarely do anything on that machine that would warrant the upgrade 🙃

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,494 Posts
Building a Deskmini build with a 5700G. And i will probably try and find some of those B-die sodimms.

I was going to use my AXP-90R. But i don't think it will fit. So i will probably use my Cryorig C7G.

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,045 Posts
unfortunately everything is being scalped here..the 5700G is being sold for almost 500$ here I might hold off buying my son an upgrade..REEP!! worse, it should be bundled with a motherboard on purchase as well to get the price lower..

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,887 Posts
The 5700G I hope is not locked down like the PRO 4650G was. You could not increase PPT/TDC/EDC from stock values making it really gimped in performance overall.
(4650G had horrible Manual OC clocks as well, trash silicon)
The 4750G wasn't much better and the 8MB cache helped to really cripple it with Firefox. Stopped using it when it started to choke on 250+ loaded pages.

Hoping the 5700G will cope with the latest Firefox juggernaut. That app alone really helps to cripple most CPUs except for the 10900K which can handle up to 460+ webpages loaded into memory.

At this stage, just need something that stays working for days without collapsing.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 4750G wasn't much better and the 8MB cache helped to really cripple it with Firefox. Stopped using it when it started to choke on 250+ loaded pages.

Hoping the 5700G will cope with the latest Firefox juggernaut. That app alone really helps to cripple most CPUs except for the 10900K which can handle up to 460+ webpages loaded into memory.

At this stage, just need something that stays working for days without collapsing.
lol what is this firefox benchmark? Would love to give it a try

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,887 Posts
lol what is this firefox benchmark? Would love to give it a try
Try loading 460+ webpages within Firefox then watch how the system slows down to a CRAWL.

That is where the CPU is truly stressed trying to control all of those web page displays. There is a hit on the video card that you use but on an APU it will get swamped here.

Simple architectural differences between any higher end video card with its own graphics memory verses the shared 5700G system. That is where the 5700G might crash here hence good to see how it will perform when Firefox is fully loaded with all of my web page items purchases :mad: .

Don't know why web pages all have to have their own junk graphics loaded into memory here, all it does is fill everything up and Firefox starts to expand into 'obese' territory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a Digital Audio Workstation guy, trying to use a 5600G and get by on the cheap, so I never OC’d anything. Just bought the fastest chip from Intel and used ASRock Rack 1U boards.

Hoping there‘s a way to tweak my CPU to get the highest polyphony my apps allow. This use to be brute single core speed.

Still want all cores running @ the same speed and 500MHz boost over stock speeds.
I know this is a new CPU but I’ll be using an Asus B550 mATX and hope there’s a thread, maybe this one where tips and tricks are shared.

If not can I just use the same tricks a 5600X would use?

Thanks

·
Team Red Lobbyist
1,604 Posts
Got 5600G to build HTPC/file server in a micro ATX case (Cooler Master)....chose Asrock B550 Steel Legend....pretty excited about the build. Also got one for my son to upgrade his 1700..he's going from B350 to B550 (Tuf Gaming). Both will be running DDR4 4000 CL18....his Win 10, mine Win11 and Ubuntu.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
My Ryzen 7 5700G has arrived.

I see it says "Unlocked" on the BOX, should be unrestricted to use with PBO unlike the PRO variants you could get prior generation.

100-000000263
EF 2126SUS
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DIFFUSED IN TAIWAN
MADE IN CHINA

Week 26 2021.

EDIT:
It is unlocked.
ALL PBO settings are in the AMD_OVERCLOCKING section of the BIOS.
All the ones that one needs for PBO to work properly.
A PRO 4650G was missing all these.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My Ryzen 7 5700G has arrived.

I see it says "Unlocked" on the BOX, should be unrestricted to use with PBO unlike the PRO variants you could get prior generation.

100-000000263
EF 2126SUS
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DIFFUSED IN TAIWAN
MADE IN CHINA

Week 26 2021.

EDIT:
It is unlocked.
ALL PBO settings are in the AMD_OVERCLOCKING section of the BIOS.
All the ones that one needs for PBO to work properly.
A PRO 4650G was missing all these.

interesting to see how it goes.

in this review, 锐龙7 5700G/锐龙5 5600G首发评测:性能飞升、功耗更惊喜

It mentioned 5700G PBO tops out at 100w, 83c with cheap T612 tower cooler and all cores 4.65Ghz

5600G PBO tops out at 73W, 77c with the same T612 tower cooler and all cores 4.45Ghz.

I wonder if you can manually push PBO to a higher TDP and the autoOC +200

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
interesting to see how it goes.

in this review, 锐龙7 5700G/锐龙5 5600G首发评测:性能飞升、功耗更惊喜

It mentioned 5700G PBO tops out at 100w, 83c with cheap T612 tower cooler and all cores 4.65Ghz

5600G PBO tops out at 73W, 77c with the same T612 tower cooler and all cores 4.45Ghz.

I wonder if you can manually push PBO to a higher TDP and the autoOC +200
Short answer, YES.
AUTOOC allows for both +200 on CPU clocks & GPU clocks.
There is even the Curve Optimizer available if you want to use it.

Also PBO isn't stuck to stock limits and can be increased to your preferences. As it should be for a unlocked CPU.
Though AUTOOC only allows boost up-to 4850Mhz with +200 set.

I would really like if they re-implemented the +500 limit some earlier AGESA allowed with the earlier cpu's.
This is most likely one CPU where you could have use for such higher limits.

Not tested much yet, just saw a increased EDC and +200 max boost works as it should.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts