Overclock.net banner
441 - 460 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
What made you decide to use the -.075 vcore offset?
I recalled lower ppt:300, edc:150, tdc:150 and temperature was not at exactly the number that I wanted, and vcore is a bit too high for me, it was 1.3V in OCCT small fft extreme. Then I lower these settings a bit more and performance decreased noticeable so I tried use offset vcore instead. But I'm probably wrong since I only did a quick cb23 and 3dmark cpu benchmark.
Atm, I'm playing w 10x scalar, pbo: MB, it seems like I can tune CO a bit lower and get a bit higher core boost for single core. Then once I get these CO stable, I'm gonna compare vcore offset vs tuned pbo thoroughly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Finally got time to install and play with the 2x16gb kit, the G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16 2x16GB (F4-3600C16D-32GTZN).
This is the same chip as my good old 2x8 kit, but it seams to be overclocking better. The 2x8 kit could do 4000c16 with the same timings and voltages.

2x16GB 3600Mhz 16 16 16 36 @ 4133Mhz 16 16 16 32 1.45v [Samsung B-Die]
Light Product Blue Azure Computer

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
Had time to play with all cores CO on a 5600G. It does seems for APU, the CO very much affects the performance.
Every added -5 to CO, the APU boost higher, at -30, it boosts to 4.4Ghz all cores, sustained, giving a round 11K R23 CB.

My theory is the APU has a limited TDP, so thermals are not holding the CO boosting back. The max PTT after multi R23 runs is around 70W!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Can someone with a 5600G post a "PCI Devices > Quick report" from AIDA64?
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
151 Posts
This 2x16 kit is overclocking much better than my good old 2x8 kit. The higher capacity should be more demanding, but it seams to be a better binding. I'm still experimenting, but have aleardy manged to shave off 2 notches vDIMM, down to to 1.43v.

2x16 @ 4133Mhz 16 16 16 32 1.43v :)
Product Blue Azure Computer Font

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Sam_Oslo Very nice. Are your 4 sticks? I'm setting rtt and CAD on auto, it somehow reduce PHYRDL from 28 to 26. If I set RTT and CAD manually, it will be 28 even w the same numbers.

I also got a pair of DR from 64GB kit, these get to higher clock so smooth, not need to tweak anything much. I post some benchmark and stress test here 😁

·
Registered
151 Posts
@Sam_Oslo Very nice. Are your 4 sticks? I'm setting rtt and CAD on auto, it somehow reduce PHYRDL from 28 to 26. If I set RTT and CAD manually, it will be 28 even w the same numbers.
Thx :). No, these are 2 x 16Gb DR sticks.
My old setup was 4x8, but those 4 sticks were from 2 different kits with different timings. That wasn't the best setup for overclocking.

I didn't pay much attention to my PHYRDL, but as far as i remeber, it has always been 28. I will follow and see how it reacts to Auto RTTs and CADs.

I also got a pair of DR from 64GB kit, these get to higher clock so smooth, not need to tweak anything much. I post some benchmark and stress test here 😁
My 4133c16 went very smooth too, with a surprisingly law vDIMM, even lower than my old 2x8 setup.
This 4133Mhz seams to be the sweetspot for my RAM and IMC, it's running with minimal tweaks and very low vDIMM and vSOC. I haven't explored much, but my first attempts with 4200Mhz needed more voltages and tweaks.

Your 4400c16 is a really nice one too. (y) That would be my natural next step too and I may try it.

·
Registered
B550 AORUS MASTER, 5800X, 16GB (2×8GB) TEAMGROUP UD4-4000 DDR4 memory, XFX RX 5500 XT
342 Posts
Thx :). No, these are 2 x 16Gb DR sticks.
My old setup was 4x8, but those 4 sticks were from 2 different kits with different timings. That wasn't the best setup for overclocking.

I didn't pay much attention to my PHYRDL, but as far as i remeber, it has always been 28. I will follow and see how it reacts to Auto RTTs and CADs.

My 4133c16 went very smooth too, with a surprisingly law vDIMM, even lower than my old 2x8 setup.

Your 4400c16 is a really nice one too. (y) That would be my natural next step too and I may try it.
It's not likely to be his CAD BUS or RTT settings that bring tPHYRDL to 26/26 with an even tCL... It's likely his tRDWR and tWRRD timings, he's on an ITX board and likely the difference you're seeing in timing parameters are due to physical differences on your hardware

Or you are lucky and you're able to boot lower tRDWR and tWRRD

Try whatever you'd like obviously, just don't be surprised when she didn't do what you want 😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's not likely to be his CAD BUS or RTT settings that bring tPHYRDL to 26/26 with an even tCL... It's likely his tRDWR and tWRRD timings, he's on an ITX board and likely the difference you're seeing in timing parameters are due to physical differences on your hardware

Or you are lucky and you're able to boot lower tRDWR and tWRRD

Try whatever you'd like obviously, just don't be surprised when she didn't do what you want 😂😂😂😂😂
Yeah, it may be due to hardware differences on his ITx MB. I have actually never seen tPHYRDL 26 on my setup.

Now I have tried with RRTs and CADs on Auto, and even your suggestion for tRDWR and tWRRD, but still getting tPHYRDL 28. But anyways, I never get mad at her ;) .
Computer Personal computer Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
151 Posts
@TimeDrapery @Sam_Oslo do you guys have different tRDWRD from each channel? In bios, mine show CHA 11, CHB 10 lol
Anyway, the other day i saw someone post a way to enable all hidden setting in bios. Gonna give it a try later.
No. I have the same,10 on both channels.
Product Font Material property Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
B550 AORUS MASTER, 5800X, 16GB (2×8GB) TEAMGROUP UD4-4000 DDR4 memory, XFX RX 5500 XT
342 Posts
Yeah, it may be due to hardware differences on his ITx MB. I have actually never seen tPHYRDL 26 on my setup.

Now I have tried with RRTs and CADs on Auto, and even your suggestion for tRDWR and tWRRD, but still getting tPHYRDL 28. But anyways, I never get mad at her ;) .
View attachment 2559559
Smart never to get mad 😁😁😁😁😁

I was suggesting to leave tCWL at tCL (so, 16/16) and attempt lowering tRDWR (for you this may be from 8 -> 7) while leaving tWRRD at whatever Auto trains to (for you, likely 3)

@eighty20

Yes, the BIOS (likely) has three ways it (or you) configured timing parameters... "Auto" "both channels the same" and "per channel" but when users configure timing parameters they often default to "both channels the same"... When I've got mismatched turnaround timings I first attempt to force the lower of the two and this often forces tPHYRDL to train to the same value

·
Turtle Lives Matter
5,030 Posts
Ok I just got a hold of some higher binned RAM to see what this little 5600G can do. I have on hand some 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400 Micron E, and some 2x8 GBPatriot Viper Steel 4400 Samsung B. I also have a kit of 4x8GB Crucial 3600 Micron E I will see how far that can go too and if there is more advantages to more ranks. This will be using the iGPU and also using dedicated video card.

1st thing I did was enable the xmp profiles. Neither of the 4400 kits wanted to act right without gear down mode enabled. Once I enabled GDM, the Ballistix MAX passed the memtest without errors. Bandwidth is good, but latency is meh... Will try some more tomorrow when I get more time.

·
Turtle Lives Matter
5,030 Posts

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: PJVol

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok I just got a hold of some higher binned RAM to see what this little 5600G can do. I have on hand some 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400 Micron E, and some 2x8 GBPatriot Viper Steel 4400 Samsung B. I also have a kit of 4x8GB Crucial 3600 Micron E I will see how far that can go too and if there is more advantages to more ranks. This will be using the iGPU and also using dedicated video card.

1st thing I did was enable the xmp profiles. Neither of the 4400 kits wanted to act right without gear down mode enabled. Once I enabled GDM, the Ballistix MAX passed the memtest without errors. Bandwidth is good, but latency is meh... Will try some more tomorrow when I get more time.
Mine needed at least 1.281 VSOC to run above 4400 w igpu extreme boost ( 2300MHz). How's your VSOC w dedicated gpu?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can anyone with memory overclock at least 4400 stable, CO stable run Timespy stress test a couple times while using iGPU pls?

So I have been struggling w this one for awhile . I normally just set GPU boost to extreme and leave iGFX voltage on auto. Things are always crashed under Timespy stress test despite the fact that my RAM and CO are rock solid. Increase VSOC to 1.28 or 1.3 didn't help w the crash. But, i think i found the problem, I set VSOC at 1.275 and manually set iGFX at 1.275 as well, iGPU clock is 2300MHz. There are no crash so far in timespy, worst loop reported s almost as same as best loop. So I don't know it's just the motherboard particularly or not.
Edit: VDDSOC Phase Control: extreme, Soc switch frequency:110

441 - 460 of 470 Posts