Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
hi
just used in win 8 64 and after runing the uninstal tool the new drivers won't install again
i had the new 13.1 drivers working fine before
and it uninstalls the sata drivers
now using the drivers that came with my vtx3d 7870 le cd

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
I used it with windows 8 x64. Works fine.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyndv;4503908
Warning
This Uninstall utility completely messed up my Windows 8 installation, resulting in:
1) Loss of all power plans and inability to change any related settings.
2) Inability to enter Safe Mode / Advanced startup.
3) Messed up "Personalization" window - some themes missing and wrong names.
4) Messed up text "Language Bar", displaying DLL file names.
5) Probably more unseen.

Consequently, I've tried running "sfc /scannow", twice. It found corruption but was unable to fix anything.
After restoring my system to an earlier point, I've confirmed that this utility is the exact and sole cause.
Once again- I mean, great support AMD, thanks.
This is what someone experienced in another forum... and I have to say I have the same issue.

My settings for my taskbar changed. Now I am unable to look at power options... I am also unable to go into safe mode.

Can those of you with Windows 8 and used the utility... try going to your power options and see if you are able to change any settings?

What mine looks like....

Then after doing a system restore... to right before I used the utility it was working fine:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracks View Post

My process also worked as Mac described. Didn't do anything but run the utility from the desktop and reboot when prompted. Installed 13.1 and rebooted again, and all is well.
This is what worked for me also.

Win7 64bit

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:

I know a lot of people are eager to update to Catalyst 13.1 (incremental update to 12.11b11, huge update to 12.10), so you guys may have missed this:

We have an official uninstaller!

No more ATIMan, manual removal, Driver Sweeper and the like. A first-party, supported cleaning utility.
smile.gif
I do not think so !

This tool works like Catalyst Install Manager, is the same.

ATIMan and Driver Sweeper is more more deep and very useful softwares without any errors.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Moor View Post

Quote:

I know a lot of people are eager to update to Catalyst 13.1 (incremental update to 12.11b11, huge update to 12.10), so you guys may have missed this:

We have an official uninstaller!

No more ATIMan, manual removal, Driver Sweeper and the like. A first-party, supported cleaning utility.
smile.gif
I do not think so !

This tool works like Uninstall Manager, is the same.

ATIMan and Driver Sweeper is more more deep and very useful softwares without any errors.
Proof? If it was the same as the catalyst uninstaller why would they bother.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Moor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post

Proof? If it was the same as the catalyst uninstaller why would they bother.
Tell me the different uninstallation status.
?? Don't see a reason for me to spend time vetting the tool. It's first party for goodness sake...
Look, I am just going by Thracks' info. If you want to oppose that then bring proof or stop providing misinformation.

·
You Don't See Me.
887 Posts
Sounds like you have trust issues, if you wont take info from someone who works at AMD then take it from someone on OCN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post

I notice the utility doesn't remove cards entries in registry. But does a good job at removing files and dlls in Windows folder (System32 and SysWow64)
Does what it's suppose to do.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Windows 8 users:

Did you perform the reboot the uninstaller requested before rebooting, or did you try to save time and install a new driver when the uninstaller was done, and THEN reboot?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Quote:

Windows 8 users:

Did you perform the reboot the uninstaller requested before rebooting, or did you try to save time and install a new driver when the uninstaller was done, and THEN reboot?
I did exactly what you did on your post from before... when you first tried it.

Ran the utility... PC restarted and then installed the driver.

You can see the other almost 2 dz people who are having the same issues here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1350750/win-8-users-warning-about-amd-uninstallation-utility

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Worked great for me in Win7 Ult x64.
13.1 installed and working good for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Quote:

Windows 8 users:

Yup, uninstalled, rebooted and then installed new drivers.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts