Registered
1,819 Posts
brilliant !

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

This is what someone experienced in another forum... and I have to say I have the same issue.

My settings for my taskbar changed. Now I am unable to look at power options... I am also unable to go into safe mode.

Can those of you with Windows 8 and used the utility... try going to your power options and see if you are able to change any settings?

What mine looks like....

Then after doing a system restore... to right before I used the utility it was working fine:

I have the same issue. Windows 8 x64 Pro

Uninstalled the CAP, rebooted
Uninstalled AMD drivers via the CP, rebooted
Used Uninstall Utility, rebooted
Installed new drivers and CAP
I am now missing Windows Power Options. Unfortunately I have System Restore turned off. Fortunately, even though I am now missing the power options, my machine is still using the power options I set before they disappeared. I haven't had any other kind of trouble.

Waiting for AMD to hopefully fix this issue.

Thanks.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffsportsman View Post

I have a quick question, since I'm running an HD 6870 right now, when the UPS man makes it by and I get my 7970 GHz, should I uninstall the current driver and reinstall my 13.1 driver even though it's the same driver?
No you don't have to do that, you'll be good to go!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just tried it and the uninstaller caused my PC to blue screen.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and an MSI HD6850 1GB.

EDIT: The blue screen happened about 30 seconds later when the uninstaller removed the display drivers and the default Windows 7 drivers kicked in. After restarting my PC, I followed that manual uninstall guide for removing AMD/ATI software. There were some folders left, it mostly had some logs or other text files in them and there were some registry files left in regedit too.

I manually removed all of them and installed 13.1. So far, no problems but I'd rather uninstall ATI/AMD drivers manually rather use this uninstaller in the fear of getting another blue screen.

·
100LB Rig Club
2,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammkv View Post

Do not use this tool! Screws up your power options in windows 8.
Can you post any screen caps or such of any changes? I know it may take you off high performance mode due to "no drivers detected". This tool is to remove drivers after-all.

To switch them back is easy and should take less than 10 seconds, worth the time used in the past when swapping drivers.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Now i just had an issue with this uninstall utility on an FM2 motherboard with a HD6970.
After running the uninstaller i rebooted as needed but upon loading screen windows crashed.

I managed to get into safe mode after a few boot ups but had no USB drivers installed for ANY off the USB ports on my PC, so thats NO USB
thumb.gif

Try using a PC with no USB keyboard or mouse, not great TBH.

So i used a PS2 adapter to have mouse access to the PC with this problem. I installed new AMD drivers and my AMD AIO drivers for USB but i still have no USB at all so my sons PC is useless.

Seems that the uninstall utility also removed/borked my other USB drivers leaving me no USB, very weird situation, im off to see if i can fix it
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Quote:
Meh... no good to me now, cant even get into safe mode any more, my sons not gona be impressed with me one bit, all i was doing was supposed to be doing was taking out his Nvidia and putting in an AMD GPU
tongue.gif

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts
Is it advised to run this from safe mode or normal? I'm going to try it out before hopping over to 13.2b

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjr1105 View Post

Is it advised to run this from safe mode or normal? I'm going to try it out before hopping over to 13.2b
If you are running Windows 8, don't use it. Seems to alright for Windows 7. Don't see much point in using it since it doesn't seem to do anything extra than if just doing express uninstall normally.

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
I have used this utility many times since its release. I have to admit, it really does a great job.

But, it doesn't remove registry entries. If you swap BIOS or GPU cards, you have to delete registry entries so you don't have around 8 entries. If you remove entries, uninstall AMD drivers individually in Device manager.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (or CurrentControlSet which is basically the same thing as ControlSet001)

And

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

**If you don't flash BIOS or swap cards, there isn't a big need to clean the registry entries since its the same card...

I had a lot of info from this "AMD how to thread" . Best info on ATI gpus in the same place, this thread should be bookmarked.
thumb.gif
(tsm106)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
any ETA when this software will be ready for Windows 8?

Also a more general question, do you uninstall drivers before running this utility or do you just run the utility and it does it all for you?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts