21 - 40 of 3943 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

This is my system.

My english is so poor,i hope you can understand.

I use 5870 and 3 monitor (DELL U2410 ,PHILIPS 240SW9) build system.

I come here because I have some questions.

Is the Eyefinity resolution only have 1800x800,3072x1280 and 3600x1920 (maximum resolution)?

How can I use other resolution like "5040x1050" or "3840x720"

·
Registered
254 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchrapp View Post
Those screens are going $1700 a pop, damn. Look nice though.
Ya, I definitely did not pay retail on these, I got a pretty good deal on these from a retailer in Santa Rosa, better than the deal Dell last month. I have been trying to get time to put my rig together, but school has kept me from moving at anything faster than a snail's pace. After the monitors came in I had to try it out, and now I have even less time for assembling it as I end up spending the free time I get playing

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ordered 3x P2310H monitors from Dell this morning.. with the current deal and a stackable coupon, they came out to $186 each.

Definitely excited to receive them.. also ordered a displayport cable from monoprice.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Hello guys,
I have MSI 5870, but i do not have 3 monitors yet.
Does anyone have world of warcraft pic that they can show us in eye finity mode?

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyatom View Post
Hello guys,
I have MSI 5870, but i do not have 3 monitors yet.
Does anyone have world of warcraft pic that they can show us in eye finity mode?
No pic, found a vid:

After I get my card, I'm definitely working on get more monitors.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My three P2310H monitors are here.. but I'm still waiting on my displayport cable.

Hopefully tomorrow.. thursday at the latest..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stixen View Post
Any backlight bleeding issues with your Dell P2310H,Andrmgic?

Thanks.
No worse than any other cheap LCD I've had.

I'm more concerned with dead pixels than a bit of backlight bleed.. and these don't have any dead pixels.. so I'm pretty happy with them.

They are no good for portrait mode due to poor vertical viewing angle, but they are working great for horizontal.

edit:

Pictures of my setup -

Edit2: Borderlands - It was dark, my camera isn't that good.. so I apologize for the picture quality-

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:

So there is backlight bleeding on these?
And about the contrast and black level? Deep black?
These are pretty nice monitors.. I don't notice any backlight bleeding, but I don't stare at black screens that often.. and that would be the only place I noticed it on any monitor.

Setting the desktop to a pure black wallpaper, I can't notice any backlight bleeding.

Contrast seems fine.. text is very crisp, as are the display images themselves. I think the black levels on any LCD are terrible, so I can't really comment on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you take a photo of them on black screen/walppaper and on darkness?

Thanks!

PS: Response time of 5 ms don't bother you in games?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:

Can you take a photo of them on black screen/walppaper and on darkness?

Thanks!

PS: Response time of 5 ms don't bother you in games?
My camera isn't good enough to be an accurate representation of whether or not there is backlight bleed, sorry.

5ms is more than adequate for gaming from my point of view. I haven't observed ghosting on any display since my initial 25ms LCD several years ago.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the new photos but can you take a photo when the monitor is on a black screen (in darkness always)?

I will not. My camera is not good enough in a dark room to take an accurate picture of a monitor, as you can see in the above pictures, it introduces a lot of noise into the picture which would be misleading for the kind of information you're looking for.

If you really need pictures of the monitor, perhaps you can find one in the other hardware section. Let's keep this discussion to Eyefinity as it should be

21 - 40 of 3943 Posts