Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 3943 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
A newbie to this site, but you might as well add me to the eyefinty club list. I was using a Sapphire 5870, but just upgraded to a XFX HD5970. Still working out the bugs with fan speed control (fixed) and driver issues (beta 4/5).
I used 3 LG 23" briefly with the active DP/DVI adaptor but upgraded to 3 Dell 2709W. Besides the upgrade in size, going from TN to PVA helped with viewing as well.

Not only am I enjoying eyefinity with games, but all the extra space on the desktop is a godsend.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Can I use the Dell P2210H as my displayport monitor to hook up my 2 acer monitors for eyefinity? What else will I need besides this display port monitor, will I need special cables?

Quote:
Dell P2210H monitor utilizes an efficient two CCFL backlight systems to deliver energy savings. Moreover, it comes with an array of video connectors to meet your various video connectivity requirements including DVI (HDCP) and DisplayPort (DP cable is optional) which delivers no jitter high quality digital image and excellent color uniformity.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twistid View Post
Can I use the Dell P2210H as my displayport monitor to hook up my 2 acer monitors for eyefinity? What else will I need besides this display port monitor, will I need special cables?
you need one display port ready monitor like the dell your suggesting, As well as a displayport cable to plug into the monitor from the graphics card. The other two acer screens can be hooked up via DVI cables. Thats all you need

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ok, I gotcha so the displayport cable is the one port on the GPU that looks similar to the HDMI slot then? Then the other two monitors connect to the two DVI slots underneath like normal?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Add me to the club using ASUS VW266H 25.5 monitors with one active display port adapter.

Computer Specifications

Chassis: Cooler Master HAF 932, air cooled
PSU: 1000W Corsair HX
Processor: Intel Core i7 940 , cooler master V8
Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe
Memory: corsair 6GB DDR3
GPU: 5870 X 2 crossfire
HD: 300GB WD VelociRaptor primary, SG barracuda 1Tb storage
External HD: NexStar3 eSATA Seagate barracuda 1Tb
LCD Display: ASUS VW266H 25.5" X 3 Eyefinity
Speakers: logitech Z-2300 2.1
Keyboard: logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Mamba

people either love it or hate it

Here is my daughter giving Dirt2 a spin

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by McKie View Post
Add me to the club using ASUS VW266H 25.5 monitors with one active display port adapter.

Computer Specifications

Sweet setup man and I love it. Surround gaming is a great experience.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:

Computer Specifications

You have two 5870's in crossfire? and your eyefinity setup works? I didn't knwo they enabled that feature yet

·
Registered
20 Posts
No , I just copied and pasted my specs. I had it in crossfire before the eyefinity setup. Now the other card just sits there useless. unless I disable Eyefinity.

So, yeah, right now crossfire is disabled. and I'm anticipating a driver that will support 2 X 5870's

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:

No , I just copied and pasted my specs. I had it in crossfire before the eyefinity setup. Now the other card just sits there useless. unless I disable Eyefinity.

So, yeah, right now crossfire is disabled. and I'm anticipating a driver that will support 2 X 5870's
You know u can fill in ur system specs in the user CP. Just go to edit syetms

41 - 60 of 3943 Posts