Overclock.net banner
4061 - 4080 of 4491 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think maybe the 3090 might be matched or beaten in some games by the RX 6900 XT at 4K ultra.

This is a 3090 on youtube: RTX 3090 : Horizon Zero Dawn 4K - ULTRA - YouTube This machine is struggling to maintain 60FPS.

This is my 6900 XT in 1440P with both monitors in use. This is a pixel fill rate of 360.3GPixels/s and 900.8GTexels/s.
Water Sky Cloud Font Landscape

The same settings in 4K ultra at 88FPS.
Sky World Automotive tire Biome Landscape

Is the RTX 3090 overrated or is this person's card just not setup optimally?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Your GPU seems to perform right around where mine does. I can't for the life of me get 25k GPU score lol.

Also, is it normal for fluid level in your loop to go down over time? It seems I'm losing about 10mL every few weeks. So I just keep topping it off. I don't see any leaks anywhere.
Yeah my liquid in the reservoir also decreases over time, pretty interesting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I've been toying around with my new XFX Zero XTXH. It is Core OCing better than my previous Gigabyte Waterforce extreme. However I cannot get the memory above 2090-2100mhz with fast timings. I was hoping to at least get it to the xtxh 2150 sweet spot but taking it above 2100 i actually lose score and 2120+ i get crashes in timespy.

My waterforce didn't have any issues sitting at 2150 memory fast timing but could not go above 2750 core. The zero is going up to 2820 core so far but I'm actually down 500 points on timespy Delta from the previous card just due to the memory difference i guess?

I've tried upping the min soc from 850 to 950. Tried some values in between with no improvement either. Tried upping the mem controller from 850 to 1000, and mem voltage from 1350 to 1500. Upping the memory voltage actually seemed to have negative impact as well.

Anybody ran into this on their xtxh? Any ideas?

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,056 Posts
This is a 3090 on youtube: RTX 3090 : Horizon Zero Dawn 4K - ULTRA - YouTube This machine is struggling to maintain 60FPS.
probably an old driver (since its from 2020) some things (driver side) might have changed/improved for that specific game..I don't think the 3090 would be underrated that much..specially when under a WB and Overclocked..

another thing I noticed is the system he is using, might be showing its "Age" already when paired to the RTX 3090..(he's using an X99 platform with a OC'd 5820K)

Personally, I think the best comparison would be on a similar system/build as the IPC gains would co-relate and the only factor you would have to observe is the GPU..

·
Registered
786 Posts
So I've been toying around with my new XFX Zero XTXH. It is Core OCing better than my previous Gigabyte Waterforce extreme. However I cannot get the memory above 2090-2100mhz with fast timings. I was hoping to at least get it to the xtxh 2150 sweet spot but taking it above 2100 i actually lose score and 2120+ i get crashes in timespy.

My waterforce didn't have any issues sitting at 2150 memory fast timing but could not go above 2750 core. The zero is going up to 2820 core so far but I'm actually down 500 points on timespy Delta from the previous card just due to the memory difference i guess?

I've tried upping the min soc from 850 to 950. Tried some values in between with no improvement either. Tried upping the mem controller from 850 to 1000, and mem voltage from 1350 to 1500. Upping the memory voltage actually seemed to have negative impact as well.

Anybody ran into this on their xtxh? Any ideas?
Thanks, looks like its just another regular XTXH then with a block slapped on it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
No idea why we're even discussing if memory bandwith matters or not.

If we understand how fundamentally GPUs work and the interaction between core clocks and memory, you realize that having fast memory is just as important as having a fast core. Core feeds the memory, if you have a bottleneck on the memory side, it doesn't matter how fast your core goes, it will have to wait.

Looking at Time Spy and more importantly, TSE and FSE (which are higher resolution benchmarks) the only difference between LC Ref and any other 6900XT on the market is the higher binned memory chips, nothing else...Heck, the PCB on the reference LC is probably just as basic as the reference PCB besides the die... Having 18 Gbps chips makes an enormous difference when you saturate the pipeline, you can see the cards flying with even lower clocks because you're taking full advantage of all that memory speed.

The same observations can be seen between CPU and RAM so it's not like this is new.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
There are other trade secrets to get to 26K. Also your memory is lower than what other XTXH with 16Gbps can achieve. I have seen some get 2170MHz.
Sir, how can they go around hard bios limit of 2150 for vram? asking for a friend....

• Rep+
Reactions: Justye95

·
Registered
41 Posts
All of these cards, except mine are Reference LC cards.
LIME's card isn't a ref LC but it has it's bios and is hardware modded (150+ caps on the memory and other stuff he hasn't disclosed).
The only ref LC are from snakeeyes and zealotki11er the Rest use normal xtxh with LC BIOS.

I did mods on every Power rail. Nothing Special.
With more Power Tool you can Change soc and flck and this is where the gain came from.

·
PC Evangelist
47,793 Posts
Sir, how can they go around hard bios limit of 2150 for vram? asking for a friend....
XTXH does not have the limit.
Also because of the timings, even with 18Gbps chips, anything after 2150 breaks apart when it comes to score.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, looks like its just another regular XTXH then with a block slapped on it.
yep, basically my overall review of it.

Some pro's it does have for me personally, is that it's a legit EK Block, with RGB connections that work with my Asus Dark Hero RGB software without issue. The Gigabyte waterforce required RGB Fusion. Also the XFX EK block has easy access to take apart the block in the future for cleaning, the Gigabyte had the screw holes covered by a plastic glued on mold and half of the bottom aluminum cover. I think maintenance on the gigabyte version would have been impossible outside of rinsing it with Blitz 2 and hoping for the best, unless you were willing to damage the aesthetics of the block later. And finally, the XFX EK block looks better to me personally.

Overall in the end, I'll be leaving the daily OC pretty much at the same level as the previous card, so no loses there. Just my pride in that I can't bump my TS score up any higher, but I guess I can be happy with my previous cards 23249. If anybody has any tips on improving that memory stability to get it from 2100 to 2150 I'm all ears.

New version 2 of my build. Hard Satin tubing redo will be coming up in a few weeks after I'm done trying to tune this.

Font Art Wall Wood Technology

·
PC Evangelist
47,793 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
What is the OC frequency for the vram to get 18Gbps?
2000*8=16000
2250*8=18000

Although these RDNA2 gpus show 10-12MHz less on memory clock and I don't know why, instead of 2000MHz it shows 1990-1988MHz.

• Rep+
Reactions: EastCoast

·
Mentally Insane User
591 Posts
14000 : 1750MHz I had this in my 5700XT and could push it for benchmarks above 2000MHz

16000 : 2000MHz 6900XT only goes to 2150MHz in Radeon software but boots lower by averaging.

18000 : 2250MHz

·
Watercooler
88 Posts
I'm thinking of switching from a RTX 3080 to one of these cards. Is there any difference in oc with 2x or 3x 8pin cards? I know about the XTX & XTXH differencies already.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just installed a Gigabyte 6900XT Waterforce... would not have been my first choice of card, but I managed to get it on "sale" (still horribly overpriced) from first party/non-scalped.

This is more of a desperation buy then anything, my 5700XT Liquid Devil is apparently faulty... I had assumed the issue was with AMD's notoriously bad drivers, but new card has been running the same app for 24+ hours that would crash the 5700XT in minutes/hours.

Hopefully this one turns out to be a good one, due to 5700XT stability issues I had to swap out my main PC to one running 1080Ti... so once I finish stability testing new card and flush loop again I can finally switch back to PC with 6900XT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I wanted to know if my temps are good and safe. I have 2 gpu ( xfx rx6900xt ekwb edition) and 5950. The GPU is set to rage mode. Under load while benchmarking 3dmark time spy i have seen my gpu temps shoot up to 72 for split second and back down to 60-65C during the test. Is this something normal?

I have 2x360 corsair radiators and ekwb D5 pump/reservoir.

thanks

Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas Computer Machine

4061 - 4080 of 4491 Posts