Overclock.net banner
7081 - 7100 of 7233 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well that sucks. I can bypass them and submit for RMA directly to the local service center but don't know whether they would just send me the same card back after waiting for 2 or more months or a different one. Never going for Sapphire again unless their is no other option. Crap product and crap service.
Theoretically the warranty label are illegal and you can repaste your card, but u know nobody will sue them... The costs are too high to sustain.
XFX for example does not ivalidate the warranty if you change the cooling solution or repaste the GPU, at least in the USA.
In Italy, I really don't know how to proceed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Theoretically the warranty label are illegal, and you can repaste your card, nobody will sue them... The costs are too high to sustain.
XFX for example does not ivalidate the warranty if you change the cooling solution or repaste the GPU, at least in the USA.
In Italy, I really don't know how to proceed.
To big of a risk in voiding warranty in case something goes wrong in future. I am thinking of taking a loss of ~30% to 40% and just sell it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Question: Has anyone been able to achieve higher core clocks using different bioses/biosii?
I think people that have flashed the XTLC vBIOS saw gains. So far, for me, the 6950 XT vBIOS gave me worse performance. I haven't messed around with it too much, but without S.A.M. I won't be doing well in Timespy. So it's not worth it to use the 6950 XT vBIOS. I'm going to sell my ASUS Dark Hero so I can get a motherboard that's compatible with the XTLC vBIOS and Red Devil Ultimate GPU.

·
Invalid Media
6,438 Posts
Really? Hmmm. Might not change out the mobo then.
Ur right below me in superposition for 6900s. I can't get any higher with my 5950 which leads me to believe that all core clocks give better score than single. 5800 was running all core 4825 with boost going to 4950. My 5950 all core is 47 with boost at 5.1 and I can't even come close to my old score
I don't think it is the mobo or CPU...At 4K (or 8K), the CPU itself will play less of a role, though decent system RAM certainly will. On the left, Asus CH8 Hero Wifi w/ 3950X with 16c/32t enabled, on the right an older screenie for Asus CH8 Dark Hero and 5950X with 16c/32t enabled. All that said, you can even disable CCX1 to emulate your prior 5800 tests...more likely, Windows update patches are to blame - or Win 11 itself.
Tableware Font Material property Gas Recipe

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't think it is the mobo or CPU...At 4K (or 8K), the CPU itself will play less of a role, though decent system RAM certainly will. On the left, Asus CH8 Hero Wifi w/ 3950X with 16c/32t enabled, on the right an older screenie for Asus CH8 Dark Hero and 5950X with 16c/32t enabled. All that said, you can even disable CCX1 to emulate your prior 5800 tests...more likely, Windows update patches are to blame - or Win 11 itself.
View attachment 2560572
Figured it out. Super strange but running AMDs stats overlay in superposition decreased my score by around 1000 points. Turned off the overlay and scores improved by alot and was able to finally beat my previous high score with the 5950. I still decided to up my tdc and curve optimizer a bit. Here my new highest score. Wonder what's the highest air cooled score out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This doesn't look good, isn't it? Looks like there's too much pressure in the middle and pushes all the paste out od centre?
Doesn't look like enough paste to me. In my experience GPUs usually need a liberal amount of paste. I always spread the past evenly first and cover the whole chip, then I do the dot method, that way if there is pump out I'm still covered.

7081 - 7100 of 7233 Posts