Overclock.net banner

1281 - 1300 of 2347 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
has anyone figured out a a way to SoC frequency limit from 972 Mhz?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
how do you add more voltage to the memory?

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
why would you want to do that? We are anyways core limited on vii.
was wondering cause it looked like a few posts back someone made mention about changing voltage on mem.. was just wondering. im not going to go OC my memory any faster then 1200mhz, so im not really concerned more or less was just trying to learn something new... thats all

·
Registered
41 Posts
was wondering cause it looked like a few posts back someone made mention about changing voltage on mem.. was just wondering. im not going to go OC my memory any faster then 1200mhz, so im not really concerned more or less was just trying to learn something new... thats all
even with default voltage you can go higher. I can go 1300+ with a soft_pp mod.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, good luck with high memory frequency.
I had an overclock, that stress tests in 3dmark, but fails in 30 seconds in Destiny 2 :)
My stable overclock everywhere is 1.200v, 2030MHz, 1120 memory.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Took my Radeon VII apart today and tried too install a old Storm G5 silver CPU block on it after drilling some new holes in the mount plate but the bolts are too fat and I cant find any bolts long enough ~70mm that are thin enough.
The only workaround I can think of at the moment is to try turn down the welder low enough and see if I can weld the thick and thin bolts together.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Took my Radeon VII apart today and tried too install a old Storm G5 silver CPU block on it after drilling some new holes in the mount plate but the bolts are too fat and I cant find any bolts long enough ~70mm that are thin enough.
The only workaround I can think of at the moment is to try turn down the welder low enough and see if I can weld the thick and thin bolts together.
can you not walk down your local hardware store (lowes, home depot, etc... not sure what you have "down under") and look at what the hardware isle has. I know here in the states, lowes and home depot have a billion different nuts and bolts from SS, Brass, regular steel, galvanized, etc... starting from 3mm all the way up to HUGE. Surely you can find the right fasteners for what you need

·
Registered
485 Posts
Current bolts are 3.6mm
There is a Bunnings Warehouse 30k away but there website lists nothing under 6mm but I may go take a look around town tomorrow anyway.
Online Ebay stores list 3mm x 50mm which would be just long enough if I did away with the springs but still too fat to reuse the original backplate from behind the core on the Radeon VII and would take a week to arrive.

The laser cutters were going to charge me almost $200 to make a new mount plate for the old GPU block so that isn't worth it.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Current bolts are 3.6mm
There is a Bunnings Warehouse 30k away but there website lists nothing under 6mm but I may go take a look around town tomorrow anyway.
Online Ebay stores list 3mm x 50mm which would be just long enough if I did away with the springs but still too fat to reuse the original backplate from behind the core on the Radeon VII and would take a week to arrive.

The laser cutters were going to charge me almost $200 to make a new mount plate for the old GPU block so that isn't worth it.
just order the EKWB full cover block for this gpu and call it done. GPU and MEM really shine with water cooling. I know it is a little pricey (140$ USD) but its money well spent if you want the best shot possible to hang with 2080 and 2080ti's... just sayin

·
Registered
379 Posts
just order the EKWB full cover block for this gpu and call it done. GPU and MEM really shine with water cooling. I know it is a little pricey (140$ USD) but its money well spent if you want the best shot possible to hang with 2080 and 2080ti's... just sayin
Bykski seems to get significantly better temperatures.

Barrow design looks decent.

Bitspower & Phanteks launch their own very soon.

Why get the EK (it's only better than the terrible AlphaCool).

·
Registered
588 Posts

Another vote for barrow/bykski.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

care to show me where you are pulling that from please?

·
Registered
379 Posts
care to show me where you are pulling that from please?
The AlphaCool has been almost universally panned, and many have been defective.

Most people with Bykski blocks are getting better performance here and elsewhere than EK users. Which is hardly surprising given EK's first to market, minimum effort philosophy these days.

I know about Phanteks / Bitspower because I asked them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I can confirm from ocuk forum people with Bykski are getting better temps than the ones with ek block.

·
OC...D
27,730 Posts
^^ lol, reliable sources.

I've put 2 EK vector blocks on my 2080Tis and a bitpower block on a third. All three hold the cards between 10 and 15C above loop (cold side) temperature at full load pulling 300W (or more each). Any real comparison is not a trivial exercise.
I'll likely go with EK for my VII, but bitspower is quite good too. (Have two Bits blocks on two Titan Vs - simple design and very effective)

·
Registered
379 Posts
^^ lol, reliable sources.

I've put 2 EK vector blocks on my 2080Tis and a bitpower block on a third. All three hold the cards between 10 and 15C above loop (cold side) temperature at full load pulling 300W (or more each). Any real comparison is not a trivial exercise.
I'll likely go with EK for my VII, but bitspower is quite good too. (Have two Bits blocks on two Titan Vs - simple design and very effective)
It's pretty reliable when a number of the people have bought both, and some are very experienced with water cooling. It's been replicated across various forums, and neither block has contact issues, and there are far more EK fans than Bykski fans.

Every single group test of bitspower GPU blocks has put them either at the absolute bottom of the pack, or very near it. They're nicely made, and I have a bunch of their fittings (best on the market), but they've yet to prove their designs are anything other than scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of performance, re: GPU blocks. That said, they're probably prettier than anything else besides AquaComputer and WaterCool Heatkiller GPU blocks, so if that's most important for you, go ahead.

The reason I hold out a little more hope for Phanteks is that they're very new to the water cooling game, and whilst their first few GPU blocks have been only a little better than bitspower's offerings, I suspect there's more likelihood of improvement.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Storm G5 is now mounted on the Radeon VII with a thick application of grizzly kryo.
Ended up making another plate to go between the GPU and the Block so it can use 4 small bolts with 4 large bolts, it's not pretty but it does the job.

GPU at 2060MHz 1216mv
Max temps during first run of TimeSpy
36c core
60c junction
Idle
29c core
30c junction

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
60c in the junction with that voltage is really good..

1281 - 1300 of 2347 Posts