Overclock.net banner

4761 - 4780 of 4797 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I adjusted the ppt, tdc and edc values and reached 63.5ns
I have never gotten below that with PBO on. even with the same timings as my previous post

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: jcpq

·
Registered
88 Posts
@Veii This Mobo won't let me set 7 as CDWR timing :mad:
8 is the lowest manual value -auto doesn't post.
Maybe sometime in the future I'll swap the Asus board in here and see what it can do with these sticks.

I've just gotten the R3 back together, and soon I'm gonna start working the Rev. E properly.

This is what it's taken for me to get sub 62 at 4.32 all core.
I'm sure this is a redundant post as these timings are already posted by me not long ago, but this is to hopefully highlight the not-insignificant difference in timings.

You definitely need more core clock though.
Also, optimize your os as best you can for running the bench
Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys, thinking of buying Zen 3 next month. Mobo budget is about $200. Looking to get a B550 or X570 board with strong BIOS support for memory overclocking 2x8. My main concern is avoiding mobos with poor memory training, and which ignore manual settings in the BIOS and just post whatever they feel like. Also, of course, avoiding boards with low PCB layers or T-Topology (as opposed to daisy chain). I'm not terribly worried about CPU overclocking, unless some boards just have horrible bugs with PBO that want to murder your chips with electricity.

Do y'all have any recommendations?

·
Registered
25 Posts
what settings do you use on the CPU to get this clock?
[email protected]?
I've read that PBO can scale with base clock. When I used 100.5 with EDC @5 and AutoOC +125 I saw some decent single core frequency maximums.
my two good cores would hit 4497 all the time.

To get the lower numbers in that grey box I need an all core oc of 100.5x43 @ 1.35v SET LLC Medium(lvl3) vdroop to 1.306v in R20

• Rep+
Reactions: jcpq

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does anyone know of any reasons why ram testing would restart my pc around 8-11 cycles in TM5, I literally have no idea what to change as I don't get any errors, especially when a restart would erase the error codes?

Also just curious but why is dram calculator recommending TWR at 12 with 4xSR B-die X570 when lowering it to 10 has increased my stability considerably.

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,529 Posts
Does anyone know of any reasons why ram testing would restart my pc around 8-11 cycles in TM5, I literally have no idea what to change as I don't get any errors, especially when a restart would erase the error codes?

Also just curious but why is dram calculator recommending TWR at 12 with 4xSR B-die X570 when lowering it to 10 has increased my stability considerably.
Restarts usually come from too little VDDG/SOC voltage. You should post a screenshot of ZenTimings though.

The calculator is just a basic tool for beginners. Once you get past a certain level, it's safe to ignore it and do your own thing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi wanted to get some input on what else i can do to improve my ram settings.
Stock 18-22-22-42 3600mhz hynix cjr @1.35v.
Overclocked 16-19-19-36 @1.36v with trc tweaked from 86 to 70 and tRFC from 630 to 490
. The second timing never boots below 19 i have managed 16-19-18-35 but I dont know if its ok to have that kind of timing? Do the first numbers in the timings have to be lower?

Ran aida64(2hrs), prime95 large fft(3hrs) and memtest86(8hrs) all passed . I did try 3800mhz with matching flck for my ryzen 3900xt keeps crashing while in windows. Did notice my soc voltage never goes above 1.075v stock and tried 1.12soc voltage and memory voltage at 1.4v I still crash so im sticking with 3600mhz and better timings. I wanted ask what other timings can i safely try change? I noticed changing the tRFC time changed other timings and improved them as well. Honestly changing that tRFC made a huge difference for me system feels far more responsive and benchmark scores improved as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Restarts usually come from too little VDDG/SOC voltage. You should post a screenshot of ZenTimings though.

The calculator is just a basic tool for beginners. Once you get past a certain level, it's safe to ignore it and do your own thing.
Yeah will do, on another note does anyone have any RTT/ cad_bus recommendations for 4X8 SR on x570 motherboards?
I have a annoying error 11 that only appears during prolonged stress testing around 1-2 hour in, I've already tried clkdrvstr at 40/60.
ATM i'm just trying to get 3800CL16 stable as a baseline so i have something to fallback to if tightening timings further fail.
I had a somewhat easier time getting 4x8SR stable with my C6H at 3800CL16 GDM, the C6H didn't want to even booth without GDM at that frequency though so in some ways this board is both better, and worse, but 3800Cl16 i think is pretty good especially with 4XSR which should be equivalent in performance to 2XDR, or higher clocked 2xSR right?

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah will do, on another note does anyone have any RTT/ cad_bus recommendations for 4X8 SR on x570 motherboards?
I have a annoying error 11 that only appears during prolonged stress testing around 1-2 hour in, I've already tried clkdrvstr at 40/60.
ATM i'm just trying to get 3800CL16 stable as a baseline so i have something to fallback to if tightening timings further fail.
I had a somewhat easier time getting 4x8SR stable with my C6H at 3800CL16 GDM, the C6H didn't want to even booth without GDM at that frequency though so in some ways this board is both better, and worse, but 3800Cl16 i think is pretty good especially with 4XSR which should be equivalent in performance to 2XDR, or higher clocked 2xSR right?

try procodt 30 ohm & clkdrvstr 40 ohm

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would first look at sorting out your trfc, how did you come to that value when using [email protected] ???

There are many tools out there for calculating the correct values.

Just the basics tRTP x tRC = tRFC so you have 8 x 48 = 384 and you are using 288 ??

Or you drop tRTP to 6, then 6 x 48 = 288

But you would also have to adjust tWR to be double tRTP you are currently using 10

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would first look at sorting out your trfc, how did you come to that value when using [email protected] ???

There are many tools out there for calculating the correct values.

Just the basics tRTP x tRC = tRFC so you have 8 x 48 = 384 and you are using 288 ??

Or you drop tRTP to 6, then 6 x 48 = 288

But you would also have to adjust tWR to be double tRTP you are currently using 10

EDIT: nvm dram calculator was giving me wrong TRTP values that's why I used tRTP at 8.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,410 Posts
Did some more fine tuning on my dual rank 3800MHz b-die Neo kit, brought SoC down from 1.16v to 1.13v, adjusted CAD BUS and RTT NOM settings according to DRAM calc, adjusted a few sub timings that weren’t totally optimal, and overall lowered latenc a bit from 64.3ns to 63.7ns. Not a huge jump but I’m proud of it nonetheless. Personally not comfortable going above 1.452v on the RAM since it was a $320 kit when I bought it and I’m broke, even though I’m sure it would be fine. I might try to lower SoC a bit more to 1.12v once I’m sure this is stable but for now it seems fine. I do remember trying 1.5v and there wasn’t any gain in headroom but that was also before I got the Vengeance RAM cooler that blows air directly on the RAM.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hmm I was getting a error 4, or 5 after 7 passes with correct TRTP 6 TWR12, I tried setting TRDWR/TWRD from 10/3 to the recommended 9/4 but computer won't even power up the peripherals then with no display signal...

Also is FCLK supposed to move with the timings checker?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Are there any side effects of not following the ryzen dram calculator? Just changing trfc/rfc and timings?

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,410 Posts
Are there any side effects of not following the ryzen dram calculator? Just changing trfc/rfc and timings?
Non guaranteed stability, though DRAM calc can’t fully guarantee that either tbh.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Managed to get my 3800Cl16 stable by putting in the.timings from the excel sheet than the dram calculator but... is there actually any performance loss running GDM, the latency is the same, and I can either choose GDM with TwrwrSc at 1, or GDM off with TwrwrSc at 4, looking at the dram calculator benchmark though I get a way better score with TwrwrSc at 1 with GDM than it set at 4, maybe i can squeeze it down to 2 instead as 4 was the auto value from the motherboard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Managed to get my 3800Cl16 stable by putting in the.timings from the excel sheet than the dram calculator but... is there actually any performance loss running GDM, the latency is the same, and I can either choose GDM with TwrwrSc at 1, or GDM off with TwrwrSc at 4, looking at the dram calculator benchmark though I get a way better score with TwrwrSc at 1 with GDM than it set at 4, maybe i can squeeze it down to 2 instead as 4 was the auto value from the motherboard.
It really doesn't seem like its worth it. I've tried for the last few days to disable GDM and still keep tight timings but its too much testing and effort required. Using B die, heat is definitely the biggest problem for myself.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It really doesn't seem like its worth it. I've tried for the last few days to disable GDM and still keep tight timings but its too much testing and effort required. Using B die, heat is definitely the biggest problem for myself.
I think I've managed to get 3800CL16 1T with TwrwrSc at 1 stable, I got a error 0, but after changing procODT to 40 it's now at cycle 18ish in tm5 without errors, if it passes around 20-22 cycles i think i can call it stable.

I don't think I can even try to get CL15, or 14 stable as I'm already at 1.48v, I do have a ram air cooler but still...

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,529 Posts
I think I've managed to get 3800CL16 1T with TwrwrSc at 1 stable, I got a error 0, but after changing procODT to 40 it's now at cycle 18ish in tm5 without errors, if it passes around 20-22 cycles i think i can call it stable.

I don't think I can even try to get CL15, or 14 stable as I'm already at 1.48v, I do have a ram air cooler but still...
3800 CL16 with B-die subtimings is already better than everything else on the market.

Which kit do you own? Could you post a screenshot of the latest ZenTimings?

4761 - 4780 of 4797 Posts