Overclock.net banner

501 - 520 of 6240 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah I realized the timings were for Samsung dies when i read them. I lived under the impression he was posting General timings to try. I might still give them a try some day.

As to settings I used DOCP for all my tests, since it sets SOC voltage to 1.1 by itself. Otherwise voltage is set by offset on the board.

Don't know. Just unlucky memories i guess and some Hynix chips are still iffy. Going on vacation soon but most likely when i get back i will try and sell them and get a pair of Samsung based sticks even if i shell out more bucks. Or hopefully some new bios comes out and fixes all the issues.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupernoodle View Post

I've got a kit of F4-3600C17D-16GVK, it doesn't boot passed 3200 so assume i need to mess around with these sub timings, is there a template to start from with these sort of things? Because i have absolutely no idea what the average value of any of these timings are, or how much to adjust them and which way,

Also, does anyone have an idea of what i could potentially get this kit to run at, or if it's likely it could run at the rated speeds.
Before you do any tweaks on sub-timings, just set your main fabric timings right (can see on the RAM website or package),
and try to let them run on 3200Mhz.

Settings you can try after above:

- ProDT try different values
- Ram voltage
- VDDR half of ram
- Vsoc
- Running 2T instead of 1T

There is no way you can run them on higher clocks with tweaking sub-timings vs fabric timings.Most of the time is the opposite!
After you can run on wished speeds, you can start to tighten the sub-timings!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

Before you do any tweaks on sub-timings, just set your main fabric timings right (can see on the RAM website or package),
and try to let them run on 3200Mhz.

Settings you can try after above:

- ProDT try different values
- Ram voltage
- VDDR half of ram
- Vsoc
- Running 2T instead of 1T

There is no way you can run them on higher clocks with tweaking sub-timings vs fabric timings.Most of the time is the opposite!
After you can run on wished speeds, you can start to tighten the sub-timings!
Currently i'm running them at [email protected], but i can't push it passed 3200 at all with the rated timings nor with looser timings, 1.35-1.4v 1.1soc

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupernoodle View Post

Currently i'm running them at [email protected], but i can't push it passed 3200 at all with the rated timings nor with looser timings, 1.35-1.4v 1.1soc
Give a try with the options a gave you above. I'm running 3466 with 1.15soc(auto for me), 53.3ohm, vboot same as Ram voltage.

And at last you can try set to 2T (commandrate)

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
I just started buying parts for my Ryzen build and have some questions about which ram to buy.

First, is there any real difference between TridentZ and Ripjaws? I am only considering G Skill ram.

Second, this is the ram I am looking at off the QVL list. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820231953

It is 4 sticks because that is how I roll. There are 4 slots and leaving 2 of them empty is ugly so there will be 4 sticks used. Yes this will limit my OC and I'm ok with that.

So the question is if I should get that and run it much lower than its rated speed or would I be better off with, say, 3200 ram? With 4 sticks I doubt if it will even get that far.

The motherboard is a Biostar GT7.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

I just started buying parts for my Ryzen build and have some questions about which ram to buy.

First, is there any real difference between TridentZ and Ripjaws? I am only considering G Skill ram.

Second, this is the ram I am looking at off the QVL list. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820231953

It is 4 sticks because that is how I roll. There are 4 slots and leaving 2 of them empty is ugly so there will be 4 sticks used. Yes this will limit my OC and I'm ok with that.

So the question is if I should get that and run it much lower than its rated speed or would I be better off with, say, 3200 ram? With 4 sticks I doubt if it will even get that far.

The motherboard is a Biostar GT7.
I would go for the TridentZ! I never had any issues with them! On Intel or AMD.
Samsung B-die still works te best.
You can also Check this list setup by a ASUS rep: Link

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
So Ripjaws are Hynix? TridentZ it is.

Hmm. Nobody is running 4x4. Instead they are running 4x8 or 4x16. It probably makes no difference.

Since almost nobody is going over 3200, that is probably what I should buy.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

So Ripjaws are Hynix? TridentZ it is.

Hmm. Nobody is running 4x4. Instead they are running 4x8 or 4x16. It probably makes no difference.

Since almost nobody is going over 3200, that is probably what I should buy.
A) Don't know if anyone is running 4x 8 or 16. But we have several other owners who have the BIostar Gt7 and merely mentioning the name has the magic ability to summon them .. taps foot...
B) RIpjaws is not necessarily hynix. A list of the ic's in various kits exists on reddit but the author also has it posted here. several kits are bdie. some are dual ranked.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1627555/ryzen-memory-ic-collection-thread/0_20

C) The overclock leader board has owners who've validated.. click on validation links for your board.. (There is probably a way to search cpu-z validations. too tired at the moment to look)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dbt_7FiD8hTo2uuOIKBE3ATCDRqVRpAHFsKnieEncv0/edit#gid=87938175

D) Gupsterg's daily driver list includes kits used and the speed they're run at as well as cpu batch info, daily oc etc. hm, could use some more info from owners. (big slacker here... )

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DqctoWXeutgIqkxScE53g6CXDVy6Xp8oyHDucYrVnC0/edit#gid=992367044

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

if $13 doesn't make you poor
tongue.gif
, definitely go for lowest CAS!
biggrin.gif
Thanks! 18 down to 15 seemed drastic enough to warrant $13 but to get to cas 14 it would cost another $30 or go down to 2400mhz. I think 3000mhz CL15 is a good value sweet spot.

·
HWBOT Overclocker
6 Posts
[email protected] 1.1v---BIOS 1403---Stressapptest---1 Hour---CMK32GX4M4B3600C18

This kit was a PITA to get 100% stable when compared to other kits posted here.
It seems that giving them more voltage, enabling GDM and loosening tWR was needed to get them to pass Stressapptest.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Some strange things are happening today.
I was curious to try using another pair of memory slots so changed from the slots 2&4 to 1&3.
Got a lot of errors in the quick memtest86 run - reseated the memory back to the slots 2&4, but changed the sticks places.
Now I can get a bit tighter timings and the lowest ProcODT setting I can boot is 53,3Ohm now, while it was 80Ohm yesterday.
Strange, but I'll take it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I made a post in the R7 thread and just found this thread. I think my post belongs here.

Hey guys,

I came across this thread and I am really stoked to be a Ryzen 7 owner. I am likely going to MicroCenter today or tomorrow to pickup an R7 1700X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, and some EVGA DDR4 RAM ( basically rebranded G.Skills RipJaws). I know that the BIOS(s) ( yes I know it has UEFI) have been tweaked quite a bit but I am still a little nervous with using higher clocked RAM. I have historically always bought middle of the road RAM. When DDR2 was still fresh and new, I opted for 800 instead of 1067, when DDR3 was king, I first opted for 1333 MHz ( got a screaming deal on 16GB at the time) and then later 1600/1866 MHz in favor of lower CAS latencies.

This time around, I want to really buy high end RAM. At time of writing this post, VRAM is at the highest price it has been since late 2012 early 2013. I am opting for a 16GB ( two 8GB DIMMS). Will I be OK getting DDR4 3000? I live really close so I can return it but I really don't want to if I don't have to.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/459741/16GB_2_x_8GB_DDR4-3000_(PC4-24000)_CL15_Desktop_Memory_Kit

Thanks in advance.

·
Noctua Fanboy
1,090 Posts
Mine for example are Samsung B-day but dual ranked I got mine at 3066mhz at 16-16-16-36 at 1.4V, edit now 1.35V

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djleakyg View Post

I made a post in the R7 thread and just found this thread. I think my post belongs here.

Hey guys,

I came across this thread and I am really stoked to be a Ryzen 7 owner. I am likely going to MicroCenter today or tomorrow to pickup an R7 1700X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, and some EVGA DDR4 RAM ( basically rebranded G.Skills RipJaws). I know that the BIOS(s) ( yes I know it has UEFI) have been tweaked quite a bit but I am still a little nervous with using higher clocked RAM. I have historically always bought middle of the road RAM. When DDR2 was still fresh and new, I opted for 800 instead of 1067, when DDR3 was king, I first opted for 1333 MHz ( got a screaming deal on 16GB at the time) and then later 1600/1866 MHz in favor of lower CAS latencies.

This time around, I want to really buy high end RAM. At time of writing this post, VRAM is at the highest price it has been since late 2012 early 2013. I am opting for a 16GB ( two 8GB DIMMS). Will I be OK getting DDR4 3000? I live really close so I can return it but I really don't want to if I don't have to.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/459741/16GB_2_x_8GB_DDR4-3000_(PC4-24000)_CL15_Desktop_Memory_Kit

Thanks in advance.
https://rymem.vraith.com/specific/24

·
Registered
245 Posts
Was able to really tighten my 3200c14 timings even more and get more stability after swapping the sticks between each other slots. Very strange.
Also it seems like HCI memtest is more stressful that GSAT for me. My last configuration, which was stable after 2h GSAT run was giving me errors at 100-150% HCI memtest.
My memory kit is GALAX HOF 3600C17 2*8Gb.

Asus B350-F Strix
1600X - Pstates [email protected]~1.206v SVI2 sensor under load, LLC - Regular, voltage set in bios is 1.225v

[email protected] 1.125v---BIOS 0805 modded---HCI---1250%---HOF4CXLBS3600K17LD162K

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by datspike View Post

Was able to really tighten my 3200c14 timings even more and get more stability after swapping the sticks between each other slots. Very strange.
Also it seems like HCI memtest is more stressful that GSAT for me. My last configuration, which was stable after 2h GSAT run was giving me errors at 100-150% HCI memtest.
My memory kit is GALAX HOF 3600C17 2*8Gb.

Asus B350-F Strix
1600X - Pstates [email protected]~1.206v SVI2 sensor under load, LLC - Regular, voltage set in bios is 1.225v

[email protected] 1.125v---BIOS 0805 modded---HCI---1250%---HOF4CXLBS3600K17LD162K

Hello

Swapping modules between slots is part of memory binning. HCI will pick up memory/IMC interface issues where GSAT pretty much isolates memory testing only.

501 - 520 of 6240 Posts