Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 6440 Posts

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
Joined
·
11,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

@Silent Scone

+rep for share, nice result
wink.gif
. BTW everytime I view the OP table, my OCD kicks in, that my 1700 is shown as 7000, any chance of change? cheers
smile.gif
.
My bad, will amend
Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post

But AMD memory support is turble!
biggrin.gif
Support, and what the platform is capable of (with the right modules) are two different things
wink.gif
 

·
OverclockersPulse
Joined
·
1,120 Posts
I am still befuddled about getting my vengeance LPX 3000 to boot at anything beyond 2667 in the MSI B350M with the latest bios, seems no one on the MSI forums with the same board is able to get anything better either.
 

·
Meddling user
Joined
·
7,423 Posts
[email protected] 0.975v---BIOS 0081---HCI---3500% -3800%

ProcODT: 53.3Ω

CPU Batch: UA 1709PGT Country: Malaysia



AIDA64 14-14-14-14-34-1T vs 14-13-13-13-34-1T



Asus MemTweakIt compare 14-14-14-14-34-1T vs 14-13-13-13-34-1T



CBR15 was no improvement in bench results, as expected from minute RAM tweak. Going to use 14-13-13-34-1T as "daily driver"
smile.gif
.
 

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
Joined
·
11,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post

I am still befuddled about getting my vengeance LPX 3000 to boot at anything beyond 2667 in the MSI B350M with the latest bios, seems no one on the MSI forums with the same board is able to get anything better either.
Not sure on the MSI side, might have to contact them for an update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

[email protected] 0.975v---BIOS 0081---HCI---3500% -3800%

ProcODT: 53.3Ω



AIDA64 14-14-14-14-34-1T vs 14-13-13-13-34-1T



Asus MemTweakIt compare 14-14-14-14-34-1T vs 14-13-13-13-34-1T


CBR15 was no improvement in bench results, as expected from minute RAM tweak. Going to use 14-13-13-34-1T as "daily driver"
smile.gif
.
Nice Gup, thanks again rep+
 

·
Meddling user
Joined
·
7,423 Posts

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
Joined
·
11,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I've added memory kits to the table, given the current state of the platform I think it's beneficial. If possible please specify what kit the result was achieved with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

I've added memory kits to the table, given the current state of the platform I think it's beneficial. If possible please specify what kit the result was achieved with.
F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

Edit: and my RGB still works!
lachen.gif
 

·
Not New to Overclock.net
Joined
·
3,913 Posts
Do you accept different chipsets?
smile.gif


I am running 4x4GB G.Skill something-something sticks rated for 2133 @ 2666MHz on a B350 chipset and so far they work like a champ. I might try 2933 later.
 

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
Joined
·
11,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragamemnon View Post

Do you accept different chipsets?
smile.gif


I am running 4x4GB G.Skill something-something sticks rated for 2133 @ 2666MHz on a B350 chipset and so far they work like a champ. I might try 2933 later.
Yes, 350 is fine. Just post up the results
smile.gif
 

·
Not New to Overclock.net
Joined
·
3,913 Posts
Currently at about 300% of MemTest. I will edit this post once done.

First run on those sticks, just plug and play (there will be more to come
smile.gif
):
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

I've added memory kits to the table, given the current state of the platform I think it's beneficial. If possible please specify what kit the result was achieved with.
Hello

The 2 x 8GB and 4 x 8GB entries are F4-3600C15D-16GTZ kits. 2 x 16GB are F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW. It might be a good idea to emphasis the need of running as many instances of HCI as there are CPU threads so the processor is fully loaded during testing.
 

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
Joined
·
11,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Hello

The 2 x 8GB and 4 x 8GB entries are F4-3600C15D-16GTZ kits. 2 x 16GB are F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW. It might be a good idea to emphasis the need of running as many instances of HCI as there are CPU threads so the processor is fully loaded during testing.
Ok, cool.

Yes, I've noticed some above are aiming for one instance per core, which obviously is not as strenuous. Please can submissions have one instance per THREAD not CORE, thanks
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

Ok, cool.

Yes, I've noticed some above are aiming for one instance per core, which obviously is not as strenuous. Please can submissions have one instance per THREAD not CORE, thanks
thumb.gif
Ahh, OK. I didn't realize this stressed the CPU differently (doesn't make any sense to me but I'm game).
 

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
Joined
·
11,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
If it made no difference, there would be no need to do an instance per core, either
wink.gif


One per thread is pretty brutal, which is the idea. You want to load up the bus as much as possible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

If it made no difference, there would be no need to do an instance per core, either
wink.gif


One per thread is pretty brutal, which is the idea. You want to load up the bus as much as possible
I looked at is as physical vs logical cores. Gives me something else to monkey around with when I get home though
smile.gif
 
41 - 60 of 6440 Posts
Top