Overclock.net banner
10641 - 10660 of 10752 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Here you go
32gigs @ 25 cycle = 2 hours and 35 min
Do note the dram calc bench numbers also... :)
View attachment 2518218
But it should also be said that this is a faster then average dual CCD setup :p (running 4 memory sticks ontop that)
Yes for sure,

2 CCD CPUs are faster then 1 CCD CPUs when it comes to TM5 and DRAM Calc MemBench test (along with many other things 🤣 😀),

nethertheless very nice results

:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Quick question because of everything all of you have helped me learn but when a core crashes should it not produce a WHEA error? Just asking as I checked my WHEA logs and I still have no errors in them.

Or does WHEA only happen sometimes with unstable cores/fabric?

I've not had any more issues, just asking as I had a thought to check my event viewer logs for reboots from earlier but no WHEA in sight. Wondered if it would help me track down what core it was that caused a reboot.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Quick question because of everything all of you have helped me learn but when a core crashes should it not produce a WHEA error? Just asking as I checked my WHEA logs and I still have no errors in them.

Or does WHEA only happen sometimes with unstable cores/fabric?

I've not had any more issues, just asking as I had a thought to check my event viewer logs for reboots from earlier but no WHEA in sight. Wondered if it would help me track down what core it was that caused a reboot.
The WHEA 18 errors are not always caught in time to be written to the event log unfortunately.

Ideally you need to be able to track down which core is causing the system to halt.

I think ive seen people mention to enable logging in HWInfo64, in this way you at least know which core was running when the PC crashes

Fabric WHEAs are usually error 19

• Rep+
Reactions: Audioboxer

·
Registered
205 Posts
The WHEA 18 errors are not always caught in time to be written to the event log unfortunately.

Ideally you need to be able to track down which core is causing the system to halt.

I think ive seen people mention to enable logging in HWInfo64, in this way you at least know which core was running when the PC crashes
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind if I get any more instability.

·
Registered
B550 gaming edge, 5800x, 5600x, 3600xt, 1600AF, 2070S, 4x8 3200c14, 2tb adata 8200sx PRO, 500gb 970e
570 Posts
Package C6-States are
so this is what i need then,

(EDIT)
SCRATCH ALL THAT.
so, MSI users/ maybe others, (i know its been shown but that turned off both packagec6 and C6 residency
so here goes, set what you see in the FIRST PIC then REBOOT!!!!
then go back into bios, and change NBIO option shown below...
i set and TRIED and TRIED to get that working the other way around, but the main page takes PRIORITY
as always on this board and the other MSI boards i had....

(if another MSI user wishes to confirm this is correct?? on how they too
would get C6 package off and C6 residency on)

now, to get COMPLETE package and C6 residency both to be off just simply set
typical power (power supply idle control)
and turned OFF df-cstates. (turning off DF-Cstates doesnt turn off both, just c6 residency
(to anyone needing this, sorry if its not understandable)
im pretty sure C6 residency is what Veii stated to be turned on which looks like the image below
using zenstates debug. (if it looks any other way that might be why you crash)
strange one has to have an unlocked BIOS to get this to set. so if you have an MSI board,
you can grab a modded bios from Eder here (dont blame anyone but yourself if you try this,
and BRICK your board, its not easy to brick a MSI board with bios flashback features!)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi guys, still can't figure out what RTT settings I should try, getting 1 or 2 errors at test #4 during 40m up to 120m.
No WHEA errors.
VDIMM 1.8V

View attachment 2518202

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't know if anyone helping me out before remembers me saying over DDR-3400 I couldn't get anything other than RttPark 1 posting, well, I just tried something I probably should have then which is just trying 1 stick of the 16GB.

Because that's my issue. One stick will boot RttPark 3 fine even at DDR-3800, the other won't.

Does this just mean one of my sticks of RAM is the lowest common denominator and is holding the other back?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know if anyone helping me out before remembers me saying over DDR-3400 I couldn't get anything other than RttPark 1 posting, well, I just tried something I probably should have then which is just trying 1 stick of the 16GB.

Because that's my issue. One stick will boot RttPark 3 fine even at DDR-3800, the other won't.

Does this just mean one of my sticks of RAM is the lowest common denominator and is holding the other back?
I had this issue with my previous ram kit, but they were not b-die... and indeed, one stick was better than the other, had to tune to the bad one ( with the limited tuning I did ).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is a set of Micron Rev B's at 3800 CL13. Just wondering if there is any other minor tweaks I can do to this set. Also tRCDRD is at its lower limit, no matter what I do I cannot even post if I lower it.
stable 3800cl13.png

·
Registered
134 Posts
One stick will boot RttPark 3 fine even at DDR-3800, the other won't.
Now that's interesting. Did you just post or run TM5? Was the better stick in the "better" or "worse" RAM slot originally? I don't remember if you tried switching previously and if you have 2- or 4-slot motherboard. But assuming 4-slot, you can try putting best stick to A2 and worse to B2 (then you'd be along what @craxton did) or best stick to B2, worst to A2 (setup a-la @mongoled )

·
Registered
44 Posts
And the result, 60 cycles, one single error 4 on the 58th cycle :/ but at least no freeze !
1626890388448.png

At that point, kinda tempted to try to go directly to cl14 or higher IF, chasing that single error 4 is gonna be painful. From previous tests, it was hard.

I wonder if I should not just disable RttNom and go Park/1 like it is on stock, lowering also the different *str to flat 24 like stock... Is there any drawback or an obvious better way ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here you go
32gigs @ 25 cycle = 2 hours and 35 min
Do note the dram calc bench numbers also... :)

But it should also be said that this is a faster then average dual CCD setup :p (running 4 memory sticks ontop that)
Kinda curious about your PBO settings for the high CB score ! The highest I went was in the 29k...

Kinda tempted to test your RTT and Str sets too, since chasing a very rare issue, but it probably would not work , you have single rank and I have dual ranks...

Also, what is your vdimm ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Now that's interesting. Did you just post or run TM5? Was the better stick in the "better" or "worse" RAM slot originally? I don't remember if you tried switching previously and if you have 2- or 4-slot motherboard. But assuming 4-slot, you can try putting best stick to A2 and worse to B2 (then you'd be along what @craxton did) or best stick to B2, worst to A2 (setup a-la @mongoled )
Better slot, A2/B2. All I did was remove the B2 stick, turn back on, go 6/3/3, reboot and let it boot into Windows to confirm timings in ZenTimings.

Then thought I'll try the other stick on its own and it wouldn't post.

But heres where things now get even more messed up. Neither stick will post... LOL.

Cause I tried the stick that was posting on its own again to see if TM5 would run for a bit and I can't get it posting.

So I went away there and dug out my Corsair Vengeance Pro Micron E Die. Displays the exact same issue the B Die does, will post RttPark 3 up to DDR4-3400, will not post any higher.

I know Micron E Die isn't quite as good as B Die and this isn't the best bin ever (18-22-22-42) but that is far too much of a coincidence.

So I guess it's likely my motherboard or CPU? More likely motherboard? I'm going to go get some much older bios versions and give them a go.

No one else in here seems to be running an X570-F Strix so I don't have any comparison to other users on this mobo running RttPark 3 fine on the latest two BIOS revisions.

·
Registered
B550 gaming edge, 5800x, 5600x, 3600xt, 1600AF, 2070S, 4x8 3200c14, 2tb adata 8200sx PRO, 500gb 970e
570 Posts
Better slot, A2/B2. All I did was remove the B2 stick, turn back on, go 6/3/3, reboot and let it boot into Windows to confirm timings in ZenTimings.

Then thought I'll try the other stick on its own and it wouldn't post.

But heres where things now get even more messed up. Neither stick will post... LOL.

Cause I tried the stick that was posting on its own again to see if TM5 would run for a bit and I can't get it posting.

So I went away there and dug out my Corsair Vengeance Pro Micron E Die. Displays the exact same issue the B Die does, will post RttPark 3 up to DDR4-3400, will not post any higher.

I know Micron E Die isn't quite as good as B Die and this isn't the best bin ever (18-22-22-42) but that is far too much of a coincidence.

So I guess it's likely my motherboard or CPU? More likely motherboard? I'm going to go get some much older bios versions and give them a go.

No one else in here seems to be running an X570-F Strix so I don't have any comparison to other users on this mobo running RttPark 3 fine on the latest two BIOS revisions.
clear cmos when swapping these sticks out. give that a shot, unless you did.
SAVE any profiles to a usb stick that you wish to keep however

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kinda curious about your PBO settings for the high CB score ! The highest I went was in the 29k...

Kinda tempted to test your RTT and Str sets too, since chasing a very rare issue, but it probably would not work , you have single rank and I have dual ranks...

Also, what is your vdimm ?
I'm using CTR instead of PBO..
Vdimm @ 1.54 in bios (=1.537 average)

If you want to use PBO CO with a 5950x + asus motherboard i can recommend 245edc 225tdc and whatever PPT limit your cooling can handle. (asus bios 3003 have the fastest PBO CO boosting with the correct tweaks/secrets, but memory-training and usb drop-outs etc can be a problem there, reason i went to a newer bios is because usb problems with hp reverb g2 )
Screenshot below is my alltime high in Cinebench, done with PBO CO on bios 3003
(have never been able to match this ST scores with CTR)

And some y-cruncher scores at same settings:

·
Registered
205 Posts
clear cmos when swapping these sticks out. give that a shot, unless you did.
SAVE any profiles to a usb stick that you wish to keep however
Yeah I've been using my screwdriver to clear CMOS over and over lol

Downloading a number of older BIOS versions right now to give them a whirl.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm using CTR instead of PBO..
Vdimm @ 1.54 in bios (=1.537 average)

If you want to use PBO CO with a 5950x + asus motherboard i can recommend 245edc 225tdc and whatever PPT limit your cooling can handle. (asus bios 3003 have the fastest PBO CO boosting with the correct tweaks/secrets, but memory-training and usb drop-outs etc can be a problem there, reason i went to a newer bios is because usb problems with hp reverb g2 )
Screenshot below is my alltime high in Cinebench, done with PBO CO on bios 3003
(have never been able to match this ST scores with CTR)
Thanks, have not been using CTR yet. PBO is pretty good, although since the latest bios ( 4002 ) it seems like even if I put bigger edc and tdc, bios enforce the motherboard limits ( 190 / 140 ).
Seen that in hwinfo while running occt power test, even if I put stronger edc/tdc, it still caps at 100% at those limits.

I'll give a try to CTR at some point ! For now trying to stabilize that memory single error 4 after 6h run of tm5 is not fun :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tried a couple of even older BIOS revisions, no joy. Either I have two sets of memory that won't post RttPark 3 above 3400, my mobo has issues or it's maybe the CPU? Makes next to no sense one stick booted it once but I can't get it to do it again lol.

Gonna have to wait until Amazon refund me and I pickup some more RAM I guess. Or hunt down someone else who has a X570F Gaming board and see if it has any issues with RttPark values.

·
Registered
12 Posts
have an unlocked BIOS to get this to set. so if you have an MSI board,
you can grab a modded bios from Eder here
I don't have "AMD CBS" menu under "Settings\Advanced\..." and therefore have to use ZenStates to Enable Core C6-State, otherwise both are off upon boot in ZenStates. Now sadly I have b450 and don't seem to find any recently modded BIOSes out there and it is most likely VERY bad idea for me to try flash B550 tomahawks BIOS.

Let's say I'm feeling adventurous and would like to attempt modding (unlocking locked options) in my BIOS for B450 tomahawk, where should I look?
I know there is a guide on win-raid on how to update/replace modules but how does one unveil the good stuff in BIOS?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys I´ve tried to read up on the last 50 pages but I still have a couple questions for my 24/7 timings.

It´s stable on tm5 and Karhu but I´m still unsure about:

1. my tCCD_L is 7. Should i adjust tFAW then or am I gonna be fine?

2. I have no idea what to do with tWRRD. Should i just keep it at 4 or is 3 or 1 better in terms of stability?

3. Same goes for tRTP. Should i increase it to 9 or is 8 fine?

10641 - 10660 of 10752 Posts