Overclock.net banner
10661 - 10680 of 10752 Posts

·
Registered
B550 gaming edge, 5800x, 5600x, 3600xt, 1600AF, 2070S, 4x8 3200c14, 2tb adata 8200sx PRO, 500gb 970e
570 Posts
I don't have "AMD CBS" menu under "Settings\Advanced\..." and therefore have to use ZenStates to Enable Core C6-State, otherwise both are off upon boot in ZenStates. Now sadly I have b450 and don't seem to find any recently modded BIOSes out there and it is most likely VERY bad idea for me to try flash B550 tomahawks BIOS.

Let's say I'm feeling adventurous and would like to attempt modding (unlocking locked options) in my BIOS for B450 tomahawk, where should I look?
I know there is a guide on win-raid on how to update/replace modules but how does one unveil the good stuff in BIOS?
good question to which, im not able to answer as i aim to mod bios options as well.
but lack the "know-how" to do such.
the link i posted has your board in there i do believe. you just download it
to your flash drive and flash it normally. thats about it. unsure if he has updated you
to the latest version or not, as hes been busy lately.
but it should be the last version at the latest.
(edit) by version i mean bios revision/agesa!

Should i adjust tFAW then or am I gonna be fine?
4* tRRD_S so, 4x4=16

Same goes for tRTP. Should i increase it to 9 or is 8 fine?
im unsure the rule here, but if you use this
it should help you (although) before it wasnt allowing one to change some of the
things its allowing now, as it might be broken.
if you increase tRTP you can use this to get your tRFC values and
if your using 8 tRTP then 384/285/176
i believe would be your tRFC value needed for tRTP *8
the tRFC values your using however im pretty sure are tRTP *6
for 288/214/132
i could be wrong, so dont hold me to this....

• Rep+
Reactions: PeterPete

·
Registered
3 Posts
im unsure the rule here, but if you use this
it should help you (although) before it wasnt allowing one to change some of the
things its allowing now, as it might be broken.
if you increase tRTP you can use this to get your tRFC values and
if your using 8 tRTP then 384/285/176
i believe would be your tRFC value needed for tRTP *8
the tRFC values your using however im pretty sure are tRTP *6
for 288/214/132
i could be wrong, so dont hold me to this....
thanks for the tool! i didnt knew it existed

·
Registered
12 Posts
the link i posted has your board in there
I can't see any B450's here, I'm on my own. If someone could direct me to "how to" unlock BIOS options I could give it a try, after all there is a flashback option on this mobo so I don't see why not break some stuff for fun.

·
Registered
B550 gaming edge, 5800x, 5600x, 3600xt, 1600AF, 2070S, 4x8 3200c14, 2tb adata 8200sx PRO, 500gb 970e
570 Posts
I can't see any B450's here, I'm on my own. If someone could direct me to "how to" unlock BIOS options I could give it a try, after all there is a flashback option on this mobo so I don't see why not break some stuff for fun.
well, thats one thing i didnt pay attention to, assumed i seen b550 for whatever reason.
im unaware if youll find it anywhere. but you might be able to "use his paypal" and send him a DM thru here
to get it done, otherwise my apologies.

• Rep+
Reactions: JellyFish3D

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
@JellyFish3D
is there a reason you have a 5600x paired with a b450 board?
atm one can nab the tomahawk b550 on amazon for 100 usd. (used-good)
which is what condition i nabbed my gaming edge wifi board in which (was still brand new) minus the box being
opened all the other stuff inside had not been, thus was able to register warranty etc.
i know replacing an entire board is not logical and im only stating this as im looking for an EXTREMLY CHEAP
2 dimm board (probably b450) to avoid gen 4 chipsets to try this 5800x in at 4000/2000 without WHEA 19s.
(again, not a logical thing) but regardless if i get a board and indeed i dont have WHEA 19s (board without gen 4 support)
then well, we shall see.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
is there a reason you have a 5600x paired with a b450 board?
I wasn't planing from the start to go with B450 and 5600X, bought tomahawk and 3600 together a while ago, somewhere in the end of 2019. Recently saw unopened 5600x on sale locally for cheap and couldn't resist, ended up selling my older 3600 and in total got 5600X for 95$.

I get WHEA warnings on boot even WITH the "WHEA Error suppressor". I seem to get less of them depending on SoC voltage and therefore have bumped it up a few steps from recommended minimum of "4000 - <1137,5mV". CCD and IOD seem to also have and affect, anything below 1040 CCD plagues me with WHEA warnings on boot, IOD at 1V and below destroys my memory latency. I was playing with these voltages yesterday and thought that I somewhat fixed these warnings made atleast 20 reboots and was getting anywhere from 0 to 4 warnings and called it a day. Today upon rebooting today it seems like I'm back at square one and haven't really done anything. This is insanity.

I seem to have fixed my TM5 freeze issue though, yeah I had it as well but my first thoughts on it were that "I probably have done too many cycles" and didn't bothered looking back at it. I believe for me it was disabling c-states and setting idle control to "typical current idle". Although I can't be sure yet, I will test overnight again just to be sure. Beside c-states I have also disabled monitor sleep and made slight changes to CCD and IOD voltages, anyways here are the results so far.

Now I do have CO on and PBO with these limits PPT 100 TDC 90 EDC 400. The way I "calculated" my CO's was by the method Veii have proposed a while back before/after? the thread was closed for cleanup. There was a cheat sheet with which you could translate your CPPC's to CO's. Can't seem to find the post again, perhaps because it was just an experiment and it is gone now (the cheat sheet)?
I seem not to have any crashes or reboots for the past over 3 weeks (gaming/idling/videos&music) with the calculates CO's (16.16.19.23.21.17), I did run y-cruncher with these for total of about 15 hours aswell as CoreCycler for also about the same amount of time (probably should still do more CoreCycling), no cores crashing. This could very well be the culprit of my issues with TM5 "freezing" if these CO's are wrong.

·
Overclock the World
2,969 Posts
Now I do have CO on and PBO with limits these limits PPT 100 TDC 90 EDC 400. The way I "calculated" my CO's was by the method Veii have proposed a while back before/after? the thread was closed for cleanup. There was a cheat sheet with which you could translate your CPPC's to CO's.
here :)
still valid but hard to explain

It's how Project Hydra will function (similar)
Although PHydra is far more advanced
You are sure that it's y-cruncher stable in the first place ?
I did run y-cruncher with these for total of about 15 hours aswell as CoreCycler for also about the same amount of time
Alright
I dropped mine another -2 , all together for higher sustained frequency & because cores could do it

·
Registered
12 Posts
here :)
still valid but hard to explain

It's how Project Hydra will function (similar)
Although PHydra is far more advanced
You are sure that it's y-cruncher stable in the first place ?

Alright
I dropped mine another -2 , all together for higher sustained frequency & because cores could do it
I mean i have this screenshot, you'll just have to believe me that CO's are (16.16.19.23.21.17) :) This is without C-States and with Typical current idle I believe. Minimum vcore seem to drop to 0.200 with C-states and low current idle.

My CPPC's are (pardon the awful phone pic, needed a picture to set stuff up in BIOS). This was taken with 10x scalar, wiped CO's. Although CTR have always seemed to crash on me, even on stock without manual CO's, probably because of overboosting. I don't think that I was disabling C-states back then. I should probably try again.

·
Overclock the World
2,969 Posts
This was taken with 10x scalar, wiped CO's.
Neither Scalar nor CO's will influence ACPI / CPPC rating :)
Although CTR have always seemed to crash on me,
Can you verify if you are a pure 6 core unit ? ~ ZenTimings Debug
You could need +5 or +10mV positive vcore offset

You should also start with less frequency and not +200 limiters, to figure out CO range
I think you can hold it, but idk how many -2 steps you need to go down, before it's stable
at the end, it frequency throttles only because of Voltage and barely because "cores are weak"
Weak cores crash

X10 is also too strong, X6 is fine, X8 was the max i needed - X7 runs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Neither Scalar nor CO's will influence ACPI / CPPC rating :)
Do I miss something?

Can you verify if you are a pure 6 core unit ? ~ ZenTimings Debug

·
Overclock the World
2,969 Posts
Do I miss something?
Interesting.
It rather looks like a bug than anything else
It really should not modify it.
But i had powerplans change it's behavior and readouts

The remain funny thing is that the "quality distance" matches
But i can not deny that boards might cheat here again
What happens on X2 scalar ? compared to X1
i'll double verify it ~ but it sounds to me like another bug
It really should not modify it.
Modify i mean "influence" it
CPPC ratings aside from FIT being constantly having an eye on the cores & adjusting itself
CPPC tags have to be "looted out" on post , and fully be OS independent
Unless something with CPPC Preferred cores & CPPC on it's own breaks for you

This distance should also be visible / testable with tool.exe ~ AMD V/F Curve
At best it varied between 0.5-1 value
I'll test it now to see what's up , brb

·
Registered
12 Posts
What happens on X2 scalar ? compared to X1
Looks the same with X2 scalar NO CO's with previous PBO limits.

But i had powerplans change it's behavior and readouts
I am using custom powerplan found here on forum but I also changed to stock Balanced powerplan just to check and CPPC remained the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This distance should also be visible / testable with tool.exe ~ AMD V/F Curve
At best it varied between 0.5-1 value
I'll test it now to see what's up , brb
My Sil Quality seem to differ depending on settings, variance on both is within 0.5-1. This is on stock Balanced powerplan.

·
Overclock the World
2,969 Posts
Looks the same with X2 scalar NO CO's with previous PBO limits.

I am using custom powerplan found here on forum but I also changed to stock Balanced powerplan just to check and CPPC remained the same.
Here it is

I know faking can be easy , but you gotta believe me :)
On the powerplan, you might need to remove the maximum boost limits to show your true ACPI values - but it wouldn't matter all too much
My Sil Quality seem to differ depending on settings
I see, i don't have such
But i can see why "the result could be better" with good CO limits

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know faking can be easy , but you gotta believe me
I believe you :)

I confirm no differences between scalar changes, stuff gets funky when I change boost limits as well as CO's.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tried a couple of even older BIOS revisions, no joy. Either I have two sets of memory that won't post RttPark 3 above 3400, my mobo has issues or it's maybe the CPU? Makes next to no sense one stick booted it once but I can't get it to do it again lol.

Gonna have to wait until Amazon refund me and I pickup some more RAM I guess. Or hunt down someone else who has a X570F Gaming board and see if it has any issues with RttPark values.
Try to reseat the CPU.

If I were to choose between either the motherboard or the CPU being the cause I would probably pick the CPU, but thats just going on a hunch.

Very much doubt you were unfortunate enough to have two different types of dimms that show the same issue.

mongoled
Managed to improve a bit, but I think it should have been like this from the start - something was wrong with prev tests:
Are you using 24/7 settings or your benchmark settings for that run ?

Have only ever run Sandra with my 24/7 settings.

@Veii I imagine that score of yours, 95.92GB/s, is a bugged run ??

I have one like that from my x370 motherboard

Details for Result ID AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor (6C 12T 4.52GHz, 1.91GHz IMC, 6x 512kB L2, 2x 16MB L3) - 95.99GB/s

• Rep+
Reactions: Audioboxer
10661 - 10680 of 10752 Posts