Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Official U.S. Army Game

Current Version: v 1.0 Beta August 29th, 2013

The purpose of this thread is for Overclock.net members to have a place to discuss America's Army . I have a huge passion for this game and thought it would be a great idea for others to have a place to discuss this game. This discussion will get many changes in the near future as i get time to better organize it and add content.

To get your name on the members list, Please send me a PM and i will add you. I want the name that shows inside the game, not your login/soldier name.

Thread Rules:
Keep replies on topic with this thread. This thread is for people who are interested in America's Army. Please do not post negative comments.

America's Army Links
America's Army YouTube Channel

FREE America's Army PG download (via steam)

Americas's Army 3 Usernames

(OCN - AA 3)

GMcDougal - Fire of {HaVoK}

A-E-I-Owned-You - [Woned] A-E-I-Owned You

Rsfkevski - Rsfkevski

Tropic55 - (1VB) Kruger

FIX_ToRNaDo - _ToRNaDo

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Im in. I play tons. Was just about to. Was thinking of starting a clan here soon...

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
I played when it first came out but no more. Game lost its appeal after not being updated for so long and it still boasts an incredible amount of bugs, not to mention lag.

Best bug was when it first came out you could lean around a corner (or anything) and the part of your body that was leaning wouldn't be able to be shot. This was annoying once people figured it out and would camp alleyways/doors and basically be invincible.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have they resolved the lean glitch?

I had tried it when the game first came out, but it was literally unplayable with the horrible lag . I also didn't like the ability to skip the training and TK nonstop with different accounts to avoid bans, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
The game isnt bug free, but it isnt that laggy and is a really fun time. Loves it.
smile.gif

Anyone want to play now?

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-E-I-Owned-You;12687255
The game isnt bug free, but it isnt that laggy and is a really fun time. Loves it.
smile.gif

Anyone want to play now?
I don't know, I still think it's pretty laggy.

I've tried very hard to like this game, but, I don't know, there's just too many bugs and lag issues with it. I just liked 2 more
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax;12687291
My tax dollars hard at work here. You better be good. You too. And you. All of you better appreciate this game.
Mine to, stop whining lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfkevski;12687426
Is there really any advantage of having AA3 through Steam vs non-Steam?
I didnt know you could get it without steam but I am sure you can. I just use steam. I dont know.
tongue.gif

Add me on steam if you wanna play some. My steam name is punkwaffen I think.
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfkevski;12687426
Is there really any advantage of having AA3 through Steam vs non-Steam?
AA 3 is played through steam. the other link is just another way to download it. im going to remove it to stop confusion.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-E-I-Owned-You;12687527
Mine to, stop whining lol.

I didnt know you could get it without steam but I am sure you can. I just use steam. I dont know.
tongue.gif

Add me on steam if you wanna play some. My steam name is punkwaffen I think.
smile.gif
Who's whining? You are always such a negative Nancy whenever I see your posts.

My post was meant to be light hearted and silly. Thanks for ruining it. I hope your character gets knifed by a 13 year old Moroccan girl.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Lets make sure any criticism stays constructive here guys/girls.

Personally I played a ton of AA back in the day when it first came out. My only issue is that most of the people I used to play with moved onto ARMA.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi;12688598
Personally I played a ton of AA back in the day when it first came out. My only issue is that most of the people I used to play with moved onto ARMA.
Probably because Arma 2 is such a better game. The ability to use mods also helps.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I played the original years ago. The graphics were good for its time, and being a child with virtually no money I thought the price was a bargain. It's realism reminded me of rainbow six. According to my memory you had to pass basic training before you were able to fight online. I just looked up a website that had the test answers so that I could play.
smile.gif

Does AA3 have a large community? Good maps?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano2
View Post

I played the original years ago. The graphics were good for its time, and being a child with virtually no money I thought the price was a bargain. It's realism reminded me of rainbow six. According to my memory you had to pass basic training before you were able to fight online. I just looked up a website that had the test answers so that I could play.

Does AA3 have a large community? Good maps?

The AA 3 community is of decent size. It is not as large as the AA 2.x community, but its growing everyday. IMO, AA 3 has great maps. One thing to think about is that Americas Army developers are constantly working to improve this game. This is really a good game and will only get better with time. Dont let the negative comments people have posted make you second guess this game. Obviously everyone has their taste, and this thread was created for people who like to taste AA 3

1 - 20 of 68 Posts