Overclock.net banner

Which Antec cooler do you own?

  • Antec Kühler H2O 620

    Votes: 132 99.2%
  • Antec Kühler H2O 920

    Votes: 1 0.8%
21 - 40 of 6095 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craptakular;13139798
How long are the leads for this? I have just bought a micro-atx case, the Lian Li v354B.

I want to mount the unit in the front of the case, but need to know how long the leads are, I should be ok as it's a small case...
you mean the tubing? Not sure exactly, I'm sure you could find that info on the benchmarkrevews review. I remember seeing a ruler....

Manootie, please add yourself to the list
smile.gif
I'll do it if you want but it's better when everyone does it themselves becauase you can add comments that people will be able to read on the OP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: grassh0ppa

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,827 Posts
I'm contemplating on buying the 620 since it has the slim rad that I would need in my itx rig and has the slim pump/heatsink. I just think it's overkill on a undervolted/stock 2600k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai;13140140
I'm contemplating on buying the 620 since it has the slim rad that I would need in my itx rig and has the slim pump/heatsink. I just think it's overkill on a undervolted/stock 2600k.
Yeah, it is, but god does it look sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassh0ppa;13140012
you mean the tubing? Not sure exactly, I'm sure you could find that info on the benchmarkrevews review. I remember seeing a ruler....

Manootie, please add yourself to the list
smile.gif
I'll do it if you want but it's better when everyone does it themselves becauase you can add comments that people will be able to read on the OP.
Ta, the review said its 30cm, so should be enough I think. Will confirm that tommorrow.

What fans would be good on these? Think I will go with two...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Quote:
Manootie, please add yourself to the list
smile.gif
I'll do it if you want but it's better when everyone does it themselves becauase you can add comments that people will be able to read on the OP.
Will do. Thanks
smile.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune;13140058
I'm in. You can check out my rig and some minor stress tests at the following link: http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/981247-my-rig-incomplete.html#post12979577

I'm using a push/pull config with some stock cooler master fans (waiting for a replacement).

2qsun1h.jpg

epfwjd.jpg

20r37dt.jpg
I need your case. Which one is that and is it on sale?
wink.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai;13140140
I'm contemplating on buying the 620 since it has the slim rad that I would need in my itx rig and has the slim pump/heatsink. I just think it's overkill on a undervolted/stock 2600k.
A better cooler is always well, better! I built my gf an i3 and with the stock cooler temps reach 70 degrees. I'm not too sure how the ambient was, but it was definitely cool. I'd say somewhere between 70-75 but not sure exactly. Plus a good cooler will keep temps low to where the life of the cpu is extended. I dont think anyone will keep their cpu for 10 years though lol. Anyway, its good to have for low temps and if you ever decide to overclock "one day" then there you go! Also quiet too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Installed the Antec 620 cooler a few days ago.
Had a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler before.
The Antec looks really good and improves the room around the motherboard.
As an experiment I used the Noctua fans in a push/pull setup on the Antec in a intake configuration.
Doing that I improved the cooling by about 2-3c.
Idle temps on my OC 920 are about +/-40c
With having an exhaust configuration because I have two GTX 285 cards with aftermarket cooling the heat they put into the case was getting "sucked" out through the Antec causing it to heat up more.
Not sure if the Noctua fans are correct for the Antec, maybe somebody can suggest a better fan.
Also I have them connected up to a fan controller.
My next upgrade (depending on finances) will be a single GTX 580.
That should lower heat in my case.
Overall I'm happy with the Antec 620
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayn01;13143407
Installed the Antec 620 cooler a few days ago.
Had a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler before.
The Antec looks really good and improves the room around the motherboard.
As an experiment I used the Noctua fans in a push/pull setup on the Antec in a intake configuration.
Doing that I improved the cooling by about 2-3c.
Idle temps on my OC 920 are about +/-40c
With having an exhaust configuration because I have two GTX 285 cards with aftermarket cooling the heat they put into the case was getting "sucked" out through the Antec causing it to heat up more.
Not sure if the Noctua fans are correct for the Antec, maybe somebody can suggest a better fan.
Also I have them connected up to a fan controller.
My next upgrade (depending on finances) will be a single GTX 580.
That should lower heat in my case.
Overall I'm happy with the Antec 620
For kicks, I decided to use the Antec recommended spec and have the air from in my case exhaust out through the Kuhler. I'mnot liking it. My idle temps and load temps shot up by almost 4-5c compared to when I had cool and clean air push/pull as intake.

Very annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Well my 620 came in this week, and it's time for a couple of questions about a new build I'm considering.

Can I safely plug the 620's pump into a 12V Molex and allow it to run at full speed? Does anyone know the thread into the rad? I'd like to find a source for black socket head screws/bolts that'll fit into the 620.

Currently running a Barton 2500 that I built 8-9 years ago, so there is a lot to read\learn but I'm looking forward to this new build.

Thanks
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugNutz;13144833
Well my 620 came in this week, and it's time for a couple of questions about a new build I'm considering.

Can I safely plug the 620's pump into a 12V Molex and allow it to run at full speed? Does anyone know the thread into the rad? I'd like to find a source for black socket head screws/bolts that'll fit into the 620.

Currently running a Barton 2500 that I built 8-9 years ago, so there is a lot to read\learn but I'm looking forward to this new build.

Thanks
biggrin.gif
Thats how I'm running it. got a 3 pin to molex and nice fresh power from psu.
Fans are connected to a fan controller for constant speed.
Screws are 6-32 x 1-¼
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts

·
Looking Ahead
Joined
·
13,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13147880
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k600/phrossbyte/profilepic89214_2.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k600/phrossbyte/profilepic89214_2.jpg

Add me please! I installed mine about a week ago. Unfortunately I mine came with a faulty pump, it makes a clicking sound like a hard drive churning and I'm waiting for my replacement from Antec to come.

Great cooler though! Great company!
Mine does this too. So it should not make that sound? If so I'll have to run on the stock cooler for a while
frown.gif


EDIT:

Does it affect cooling performance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13147880
profilepic89214_2.jpg


http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k600/phrossbyte/profilepic89214_2.jpg

Add me please! I installed mine about a week ago. Unfortunately I mine came with a faulty pump, it makes a clicking sound like a hard drive churning and I'm waiting for my replacement from Antec to come.

Great cooler though! Great company!
please add yourself
smile.gif
that way you can comment on it, nad tell us what fans you are using

thanks for the pics everyone
cheers.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manooti;13145740
Thats how I'm running it. got a 3 pin to molex and nice fresh power from psu.
Fans are connected to a fan controller for constant speed.
Screws are 6-32 x 1-¼
Good to know.

Thanks Manooti.
 
21 - 40 of 6095 Posts
Top