• Antec Kühler H2O 920

Votes: 1 0.8%
41 - 60 of 6095 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13152888
I sometimes notice that is stops making the noise for a few minutes at a time. Sometimes its during games.
Strange. The pump on my Antec 620 is virtually silent except when I start it up. It makes that kinda wooshing water noise that lets me know it is working properly. I'd get the cooler replaced if it's making any kind of clicking noise. Never know when that might take a turn for the worse.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbui;13153264
i'm going for a good silence to performance ratio. What would be better, the 620 or 920? I'm gonna have 2 noctua's on it
Really just depends what fans you're planning to use. I've seen the Antec fans ramp up to full blast and while it blows a stupid amount of air, it sounds like a turbine.

I'm planning to get some lower RPM fans with decent static pressure to do a push/pull config in a relatively silent setup.

Atm, I have my antec fan connected to one of those 7v resistors, which makes it virtually silent. I have another relatively quiet Cooler Master fan aiding this one in a push/pull config as intake.

At pretty high ambient temps, my temps don't go above 66c or so at 1.285 v in this silent config. If I let the Antec fan run normally, I generally average around 61c on highest temps.

I'm still working on my overclocking personally, so a lot of this will depend what you're gonna have your settings at. I've been able to down my voltage to about 1.270 v at 4.4 Ghz in about 10 hours of prime. I wanted to play games, so I stopped it after that point.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbui;13153438
so basically with the same two fans and noise level, which would perform better? The 620 or 920?
620. I don't like how bulky the 920 looks. Aesthetics are important to me, since I spend a lot of time working on my case and the components that are in it. You'll probably get significantly better cooling results with the 920 though (and a programmable LED on the pump).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune;13153037
Strange. The pump on my Antec 620 is virtually silent except when I start it up. It makes that kinda wooshing water noise that lets me know it is working properly. I'd get the cooler replaced if it's making any kind of clicking noise. Never know when that might take a turn for the worse.
I get no sound when it starts up. I've already got a replacement on the way.

·
Programmer
28,683 Posts
H20 920 looks brilliant. Would not mind having a go with it!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01;13150618
I noticed that the sound stops after I played a game
confused.gif
. After a while it slowly starts to make noise again though.
This unit plugs into a motherboard fan header, right? The motherboard might be undervolting the pump when the computer cools down.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phos;13155727
This unit plugs into a motherboard fan header, right? The motherboard might be undervolting the pump when the computer cools down.
Antec recommends that you disable any kind of dynamic fan control. I tried it on mine, in my BIOS its called Qfan, it was set to Silent, after disabling it the problem was still there.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quote:
As long as it lists the RPM around 1380-1400 in the BIOS, the pump is technically working at 100%. The fan is connected to the (female?) adapter that's also connected to the pump, and this control's the fan's RPM by determining how hot the thing is getting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugNutz;13152822
Good to know.

Thanks Manooti.
No problem. Make sure you use some washers as to not puncture the radiator. GL
thumbsupsmiley.png

Just added one of these bad boys to my gf's rig too. She's running an i3 550 at stock. Idles @ ambient and load temps @ 48. Ambient is 21 degrees C.

Her case is so much better than mine and that used to be my case until I went with the Rosewill Destroyer.

Here is a pic. Still working with wire management as one of the side fans took a crap on me two seconds after plugging it in. Lights up but won't spin
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manooti;13156152
thumbsupsmiley.png

Just added one of these bad boys to my gf's rig too. She's running an i3 550 at stock. Idles @ ambient and load temps @ 48. Ambient is 21 degrees C.

Her case is so much better than mine and that used to be my case until I went with the Rosewill Destroyer.

Here is a pic. Still working with wire management as one of the side fans took a crap on me two seconds after plugging it in. Lights up but won't spin
frown.gif
Awesome man. Your cable management is starting to look a lot better.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune;13156810
Awesome man. Your cable management is starting to look a lot better.
Thanks but her pc is a lot easier to configure. My PSU's cables are longer and no where to tuck them. The destroyer is very tight with everything I have. 2 fans on top, 1 in front, 1 on back, fan controller, too many wires for a rosewill destroyer.

One day I'll afford a full tower, hopefully lol
redface.gif

·
Registered
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbui;13153438
so basically with the same two fans and noise level, which would perform better? The 620 or 920?
Assuming you had high static pressure fans... Maybe 2 PWM san ace/delta's ... you'd get better performance from the 920. The 920 beats the 620 in raw performance, but the 620 doesn't require fans with as much static pressure because the rad isn't as thick. This means you would be able to get away with 1 good san ace/delta fan vs two.

It's a pretty touch debate, and a lot of it has to do with your fan selection, and fan controller options. I think the best setup would be some San Ace fans on a fan controller with a 920. You got the silence when you need it, and the performance when you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbui;13153264
i'm going for a good silence to performance ratio. What would be better, the 620 or 920? I'm gonna have 2 noctua's on it
Probably the 620s. The Noctuas are great fans but they have low static pressure... I don't even think they have over 2mmH2O. Would be a lot easier for them to push air through a 620 rad than a 920 rad.

Nice to see this place picking up
smile.gif

Remember to add yourself to the list!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manooti;13156152
thumbsupsmiley.png
I hear you on the rad issue. In fact, that is holding up the build now and I'm hoping to source four proper length temporary screws from a local hardware shop on Monday. The combination of a duct flange, air diverter and 55mm fans will make it a bit tricky on that end, but I'll manage.

Wire management will be a challenge for me as well due to the case I'm using, a Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24. But at nearly 50% off, I couldn't pass it up, same for the Triebwerk fans. As usual, you do what you can with what you have on hand - and for some crazy reason that's the fun part.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugNutz;13157330
I hear you on the rad issue. In fact, that is holding up the build now and I'm hoping to source four proper length temporary screws from a local hardware shop on Monday. The combination of a duct flange, air diverter and 55mm fans will make it a bit tricky on that end, but I'll manage.

Wire management will be a challenge for me as well due to the case I'm using, a Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24. But at nearly 50% off, I couldn't pass it up, same for the Triebwerk fans. As usual, you do what you can with what you have on hand - and for some crazy reason that's the fun part.
Thats the best part. Doing with what you have brings out the creativity
wink.gif

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manooti;13157002
Thanks but her pc is a lot easier to configure. My PSU's cables are longer and no where to tuck them. The destroyer is very tight with everything I have. 2 fans on top, 1 in front, 1 on back, fan controller, too many wires for a rosewill destroyer.

One day I'll afford a full tower, hopefully lol
redface.gif
Haha, I wish manufacturers would put at least 1 1/2 - 2 inches of space for the back panel of the case. That's probably the hardest part for me.

I'm using a crazy amount of fans in my rig.

I have two for the push/pull config that's being used as intake

I have two on the very top as exhaust.

I have two on the bottom as Intake.

I have three in the front as intake.

And I got one of those memory coolers.

Kinda sucks, cause I'll have to redo all my wiring once I purchase a new set of fans on the 20th.

Personally, I've never used a full tower case. It's probably a ton easier to work with, but I've never wanted a case that big. Anyway, GL with your rig, man.

·
Looking Ahead
13,043 Posts
Quote:
I had it plugged into the motherboard header indeed. Now I plugged it into my fancontroller and I noticed that the sound goes away if I undervolt it, but isn't that bad for the pump?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I saw some people running the fan in pull configuration only. I recommend using a push configuration if you using 1 fan. Theres 1-2ºC difference in doing that. As for the pump problems, I haven't had the issue. If you hear water moving sometimes after turning the computer ON, is because the unit is not 100% water filled, theres a bit of air so the liquid can expand with the heat.

41 - 60 of 6095 Posts