• Antec Kühler H2O 620

Votes: 132 98.5%
  • Antec Kühler H2O 920

Votes: 2 1.5%
6081 - 6095 of 6095 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just pulled apart and cleaned up and refilled my old 620. trying to recycle as much as possible to build my girlfriend a "art" rig... essentially just going to be my old gaming rig from 2012

·
Registered
662 Posts
Currently doing a refill and refresh for my 920 I bought back in 2011, that I gave to my brother when his FX-8150 stock Asetek cooler quit. Going to be painted pink and put in my nieces "new" (my brothers old) gaming rig. Pics to come

·
Registered
662 Posts
*update to refill* need Chill control V, installed it on clean install of windows, in BIOS the CPU only has presets for CPU power, no bueno. bout to temp run it on a Molex to Fan adapter.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
any updates on the picture on the custom 920. Will need to refill a 2011 620. hopefully the pump is still good.

·
Registered
662 Posts
All I did was paint it and use the plate from the dead FX-8150 cooler, and bought Noctua P-12 Redux fans and rubber vibration dampers for them. Usually what fails on these pumps is the teflon shaft for the impeller gets gunked up with corrosion, or the cold plate gets gunked up on the fins. Pretty easy to fix, just make sure you have a good set of drivers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Nice build. Just got pink paracord to mod a mouse for my niece.

Thanks for the info on user refurbishing these AIO. So many projects...ohh look another interesting post to read.

·
Registered
662 Posts
This one did work when pulled apart, but if I moved the system while off the pump would bind up. When I pulled it apart, the hole for the impeller shaft had wallered out, so I did replace the impeller with the dead FX-8150 pump impeller. I also soaked the copper cold plate in a Vinegar/salt solution to get rid of varnish, just before putting the coolant back in, then wiped the contact side off with a thin coat of Mx4 thermal compound to keep it from varnishing again. The coolant was pretty clean, so I reused it and just added distilled water to it. Between the coolant from the FX-8150 cooler and the Antec Cooler, it only filled it 1/2 way! Adding 8 oz. Of distilled water still left room in the cooler for air!

• Rep+
Reactions: Heuchler

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey guys, im having trouble installing my Antec Kühler H20 920 CPU Liquid Cooling System software, purchased 5/4/11 to install on windows 10 pro x64. All I did was swap mobo/cpu and new drivers.

It was working before on windows 10 pro x64 now im getting "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in Device Manager as im reading is the case with everyone else. I've installed the latest "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8" and no luck. I've tried the CD and version 1.2 and no go and can't even open the software to run its internal update. If anyone has a working file please upload it to https://www.mediafire.com its really easy to sign up, its free.

Need working Software/Driver. Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Big thanks to user512 as well!

I have a question about cleaning the radiator (apologies if this has been asked. I did search the forum first).

I have a Antec Kuhler H20 920. So, being a self-enclosed system, I want to tread carefully.

The radiator has not been cleaned since I did my build in 2012

I'm really not sure how to go about cleaning that. My first instinct was to hit it with compressed air, but I've been reading a lot of posts where people run water through it. But those posts are all to do with systems which are not "self-enclosed".

Should I just take it over to the nearest sink and pour distilled water through it?
Any rust issues with that?

Thanks

6081 - 6095 of 6095 Posts