Overclock.net banner

Which Antec cooler do you own?

  • Antec Kühler H2O 620

    Votes: 132 98.5%
  • Antec Kühler H2O 920

    Votes: 2 1.5%
61 - 80 of 6095 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak3z;13159083
I saw some people running the fan in pull configuration only. I recommend using a push configuration if you using 1 fan. Theres 1-2ºC difference in doing that. As for the pump problems, I haven't had the issue. If you hear water moving sometimes after turning the computer ON, is because the unit is not 100% water filled, theres a bit of air so the liquid can expand with the heat.
The system (620) is designed to be a pull system. I wonder why they didn't design it as a push if it works better that way.

Yeah but the problem I am having is constant, not just when it turns on. But doesn't matter, Antec is sending a new one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13159418
The system (620) is designed to be a pull system. I wonder why they didn't design it as a push if it works better that way.

Yeah but the problem I am having is constant, not just when it turns on. But doesn't matter, Antec is sending a new one!
I'm just telling people what Antec discovered after testings. You can find it out at the Antec blog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Just an update:

After some more experimentation, I decided to remove one of the fans I was using in a push/pull config. I have the stock fan now being used as intake (pulling cold air from the back of my case into it) and am now seeing significantly better temperatures than I was prior.

I recommend people who are using the push/pull config to try removing one of the fans and seeing if they notice a difference.

Edit: I'll probably switch to a 1450 RPM Gentle Typhoon in the future. Will let you guys know how that works out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune;13163244
Just an update:

After some more experimentation, I decided to remove one of the fans I was using in a push/pull config. I have the stock fan now being used as intake (pulling cold air from the back of my case into it) and am now seeing significantly better temperatures than I was prior.

I recommend people who are using the push/pull config to try removing one of the fans and seeing if they notice a difference.

Edit: I'll probably switch to a 1450 RPM Gentle Typhoon in the future. Will let you guys know how that works out.
I heard the typhoons arent that great for radiators. Depending on the fin spacing I think.

I'm using 2x Blade Masters by Cooler Master. 3.96 mmH2o 2k rpm.
Not sure what other fans provide high static pressure other than the ones I'm using. Could not find any info on the fans except the ones that had significantly lower static pressure like .8, 1.6 and so on. 3.9 seems good to me unless I missed on some other fans with higher static pressure that obviously didn't list that information.

I tried looking for the air pressure, but couldn't find it so I got these.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manooti;13165852
I heard the typhoons arent that great for radiators. Depending on the fin spacing I think.

I'm using 2x Blade Masters by Cooler Master. 3.96 mmH2o 2k rpm.
Not sure what other fans provide high static pressure other than the ones I'm using. Could not find any info on the fans except the ones that had significantly lower static pressure like .8, 1.6 and so on. 3.9 seems good to me unless I missed on some other fans with higher static pressure that obviously didn't list that information.

I tried looking for the air pressure, but couldn't find it so I got these.
Thanks for the tip. I was looking at this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/595674-best-radiator-fans.html

The gentle typhoons got some decent opinions out of people, so I'll probably go with those though. That being said, my rig won't be updated until 20 May, so I'll take a look at the CM fans.

My requirement is something that will provide decent performance at a relatively silent operation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune;13163244
Just an update:

After some more experimentation, I decided to remove one of the fans I was using in a push/pull config. I have the stock fan now being used as intake (pulling cold air from the back of my case into it) and am now seeing significantly better temperatures than I was prior.

I recommend people who are using the push/pull config to try removing one of the fans and seeing if they notice a difference.

Edit: I'll probably switch to a 1450 RPM Gentle Typhoon in the future. Will let you guys know how that works out.
I read a review and they got better results using a single fan. Odd though.

I assume you have your case fans arranged so your airflow going from back to front?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13167334
I read a review and they got better results using a single fan. Odd though.

I assume you have your case fans arranged so your airflow going from back to front?
My rig is a little hard to explain since I have so many fans (preparing for the summer). This picture doesn't have all of my fans installed, since I just did that recently. I'm just pointing out the airflow paths.

2na4qrc.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune;13168269
My rig is a little hard to explain since I have so many fans (preparing for the summer). This picture doesn't have all of my fans installed, since I just did that recently. I'm just pointing out the airflow paths.

2na4qrc.jpg
You have some serious positive air pressure in there. That's good.

I might have to try something like that. We've been having some warmer days here in Maryland and the upstairs room gets pretty damn warm and I noticed when stress testing my cpu hit 61C even with the H2O as a result of high ambient air temps.

So maybe I should try pulling in air from outside the case. Might help some. Plus I think I could use some more positive pressure in my setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13168682
You have some serious positive air pressure in there. That's good.

I might have to try something like that. We've been having some warmer days here in Maryland and the upstairs room gets pretty damn warm and I noticed when stress testing my cpu hit 61C even with the H2O as a result of high ambient air temps.

So maybe I should try pulling in air from outside the case. Might help some. Plus I think I could use some more positive pressure in my setup.
Yeah, it's a lot. The clear 120mm I have on the windowed side panel is exhaust because there was enough air pressure in the case to force air out in that direction without a fan. I just added the fan so that it'd assist the two 140mm on the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
I have mine set up in a push pull like the tech at Fry's recommended to me. I have only has the PC for a week. Temps are 31-33 idle for the CPU. I don't think that the Asus suite II software reports the right temps though. Maybe I will take of the top pull fan.

I have a Raven 2 case and was trying to figure our how to move more air through the case and get more air to the mobo and GPU. I can remove the front 5.25'' drive bay covers and there is enough room for 120mm or maybe a 140mm fan but no way to secure it.

Quote:


Originally Posted by jak3z
View Post

I saw some people running the fan in pull configuration only. I recommend using a push configuration if you using 1 fan. Theres 1-2ºC difference in doing that. As for the pump problems, I haven't had the issue. If you hear water moving sometimes after turning the computer ON, is because the unit is not 100% water filled, theres a bit of air so the liquid can expand with the heat.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I have installed my Antec 620 in a Silevertone SG07 mini-atx and would not likely be able to do so without the newer more flexible tubing.very cool and quiet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Wow, awesome. So many more people have the 620 now. Physically fill out your information on the front page, and add yourselves to the club, everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Kinda laughed when the Asetek guy said that the 920 was running Prime for only 30 minutes and the temps were great.... AT 75-80c!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by MuzicFreq
View Post

Kinda laughed when the Asetek guy said that the 920 was running Prime for only 30 minutes and the temps were great.... AT 75-80c!!!!!

Okay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Damn, that is awesome man.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Run N. Gun

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Run N. Gun
View Post

Hey Grassh0ppa

Add me for the 620 for now. [edit - Nevermind, I added myself.] When the 920 comes out, I'll probably upgrade to that.





Thanks!

RnG

Man, that is a beautiful rig. Loved the build log!

Quote:


Originally Posted by Antec_rep
View Post

Hey guys, I'll be checking back early and often. It's great to see this thread has some legs!

Awesome! Antec and Asetek reps in this thread
I'll keep on sifting through the thread to add more to the FAQ section as you guys answer questions or give us some extra information.
 
61 - 80 of 6095 Posts
Top