Overclock.net banner

1201 - 1220 of 1259 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
X570M Pro4 here. This confused the heck out of me too, I cannot for the sake of it understand what the difference is between the "SoC/Uncore OC Voltage" on the main page and the "CPU VDDCR_SOC Voltage" under External Voltage Settings and LLC. Which one should we change? I'd usually set both to the same value...

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you haven't own amd APU, you may not bother with the first.
The 2nd is actual Vsoc.

• Rep+
Reactions: BarrettDotFifty

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could you please explain the difference between the 2?
Also, I'm not able to change the VDDG I/O voltage unless I specifically enable SoC/Uncore OC Voltage overclocking.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This shouldn't be the case, vddg iod unlocked after you change vddg ccd from auto. What agesa version your bios is based on?

• Rep+

·
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,206 ·
How's everyone doing in here? I recently did some benching on the X5700 Taichi, it's still such a great board I love it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just switched to Asrock for the first time (B550 Steel Legend) and was wondering about the onboard audio implementation. All other brands used to have settings for the AMP but I cant find those after installing the audio drivers. Im pretty sure this board was supposed to have an AMP onboard.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just switched to Asrock for the first time (B550 Steel Legend) and was wondering about the onboard audio implementation. All other brands used to have settings for the AMP but I cant find those after installing the audio drivers. Im pretty sure this board was supposed to have an AMP onboard.
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. It's at 4.37 of the video

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
All other brands used to have settings for the AMP but I cant find those after installing the audio drivers
I have basically the same board, but cant get what are you talking about. Wth is AMP?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have basically the same board, but cant get what are you talking about. Wth is AMP?
AMP is amplifier for the onboard sound solution. On my other boards you have settings in the Realtek driver that allow you to change the AMPs settings depending on the impedance of the audio device you connect to the onboard sound.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just switched out boards in my System (X370 Crosshair VI Hero -> B550 Steel Legend) and I am trying to get 3800mhz RAM OC working again like it did on my old Asus board. Nothing else changed hardware wise just the Board (3700X, 2x16GB Ballistix Micron E-Dies). With the Asrock board I can not get any further than 3733mhz it seems. As soon as I set 3800/IF1900 like I used to have on the C6H I get a Black Screen on boot and have to clear CMOS to get back into the BIOS. Even if I set looser timings and higher voltages it just is instant black screen after leaving the BIOS. I have no experience with Asrock so mb someone here knows what I could try to get it to work.

Here the Settings I am using for 3733/IF1866 right now.

·
Registered
447 Posts
X570M Pro4 here. This confused the heck out of me too, I cannot for the sake of it understand what the difference is between the "SoC/Uncore OC Voltage" on the main page and the "CPU VDDCR_SOC Voltage" under External Voltage Settings and LLC. Which one should we change? I'd usually set both to the same value...
I set the SoC/Uncore OC Voltage on the Main OC page manually and it did the job according to HWinfo. I left the one on the LLC page on Auto.

LLC seems to be strange tough on Asrock Boards? I have to use Level 1 which is the most aggresive to get the same VDroop I had on my old Asus Board. On the Asus Board I used Level 3 I think which is somewhere in the middle. I get now 1.263 -> 1.244V VDroop with both boards.

·
Registered
436 Posts
LLC seems to be strange tough on Asrock Boards?
Yeah, vdroop is too much even at LLC1, due to supposedly weak vrm's (imho).

• Rep+

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah, vdroop is too much even at LLC1, due to supposedly weak vrm's (imho).
I have the B550 Steel Legend and other brands dont seem to use any better VRM design in the same price bracket. The Steel Legend has a beefier VRM design than my old X370 Crosshair VI Hero but the Asus Board does not have the vdroop issue.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What makes you suggest it beefier?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had issues with the vdroop/LLC on my board as well, trying to run my sticks at 3733 MT/s with IF at 1867. At lower than level 1 LLC it would trigger WHEAs very rarely. Thoughts on running LLC 1 for SoC on a daily?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had x370 taichi and now extreme4 and never running soc at anything other than llc1 on both.

• Rep+
1201 - 1220 of 1259 Posts