Overclock.net banner

1221 - 1240 of 1259 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Works just as before on 3900X. What I notice is that the PCI / USB bus is a bit more stable with dropouts at slightly lower VDDG IOD values (talking here 1.05 -> 0.95 Volt). Otherwise this doesn't change the fact that my 3900X doesn't want to do 1900 MHz fclk without bus errors.

The UEFI is way more responsive, even the "press Del" event gets registered much easier than befor on version 4.0.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
want to share my currently working setup:

Ryzen 5800x with ASROCK X570 BIOS 4.10
  • WLAN device off
  • Geardown Mode: enabled
  • PowerDown Enable: disabled
RAM: 2x16GB Model: F4-4000C17D-32GVKB (290€ on price drop)
RAM config: 3733Mhz 1.5V
RAM Timings 14-15(15)-14-28 (results in 57.1ns Latency)
IF 1867Mhz

all other settings are default / set on 'auto' regarding to the 4.10 bios

It was not possible to set higher IF.. prob. my 5800x is not good enough or I have to wait for an ASRock update.. too bad because of the 4000Mhz RAM modules

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi guys,
want to share my currently working setup:

Ryzen 5800x with ASROCK X570 BIOS 4.10
  • WLAN device off
  • Geardown Mode: enabled
  • PowerDown Enable: disabled
RAM: 2x16GB Model: F4-4000C17D-32GVKB (290€ on price drop)
RAM config: 3733Mhz 1.5V
RAM Timings 14-15(15)-14-28 (results in 57.1ns Latency)
IF 1867Mhz

all other settings are default / set on 'auto' regarding to the 4.10 bios

It was not possible to set higher IF.. prob. my 5800x is not good enough or I have to wait for an ASRock update.. too bad because of the 4000Mhz RAM modules
I was able to hit flck 1900 on a ryzen 5600X, when i upgraded to ryzen 5800X, nothing i could do would give me 1900, highest it would go was 1867 @cl 14 14 14 14 28, which is still very good. I would not assume your 5800X is not good enough, because i ran ctr 2.0 for fun, and my 5800X came up as a gold sample. I am going to try the new bios in the next few days, and see were that takes me.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was able to hit flck 1900 on a ryzen 5600X, when i upgraded to ryzen 5800X, nothing i could do would give me 1900
It may fail with fclk 1900 but boot successfully with higher rate. Did you try to boot with fclk 1933 or higher?

·
Registered
289 Posts
It may fail with fclk 1900 but boot successfully with higher rate. Did you try to boot with fclk 1933 or higher?
This is what ive been thinking about latelly, perhaps a bit higher would work, which would be weird, but who knows.

·
GoochPooch
59 Posts
This is what ive been thinking about latelly, perhaps a bit higher would work, which would be weird, but who knows.

Been VERY happy with my 5950X with a undervolt and no other tweaks such as OD Have the memory subtimings tweaked to 55.5 Latency 3600

This is after playing RB6 for an hour.

·
GoochPooch
59 Posts
What undervolt settings you using? My 5950x runs warm 40-50C idle in Ryzen Master in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL with 9 fans.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Appreciate the help on this. I tried your settings. Mine originally was just everything on Auto, only adjusted XMP. After trying your settings, it still seems to be about the same temps but maybe little lower. I wonder if it's my case or ambient temp?

Room temp is mid 70s.

NZXT / HWinfo idle temps about 40-50C still. Ryzen Master idle temps about low 40s.

·
GoochPooch
59 Posts
Appreciate the help on this. I tried your settings. Mine originally was just everything on Auto, only adjusted XMP. After trying your settings, it still seems to be about the same temps but maybe little lower. I wonder if it's my case or ambient temp?

Room temp is mid 70s.

NZXT / HWinfo idle temps about 40-50C still. Ryzen Master idle temps about low 40s.
You can play with that off set number a bit. I went as high as 18 but noticed strangly that peak frequencies dropped a tad. 14-16 seemed to offer the best of both. My ambient temp in this room is 74. pump speed max, rad fan speeds Performance. im also using Liquid metal TI

·
Registered
289 Posts

Room temp is mid 70s.

Having 9 fans in a system is no guarantee of a cooled system. If your creating turbulence inside the case, its all warm air that cant escape the case. I got tired of overheated computer cases with tons of fans doing almost nothing to cool the system off. I bought a Phantek PS500a, 3 140mm fans blowing in, one 140mm exhaust on the back and the 2 140mm fans at the top on the aio (nzxt 62) and even in warm weather, I'm idling around 35 to 40. If i open up my case, and stick my hand in, i feel cool air flowing through the middle of the case.

There's another thread on Overclocks site about case fans, and how to make sure they work for you, I'm sure they would have lots of good advice on how to get the best set up for you and maximum air flow.

EDIT: PS Here's an amazing guide for setting up PBO2 on your system, takes time, but this guy makes it easy. Plus the googly eyes he makes are a bonus. lol

• Rep+
Reactions: gucci904

·
GoochPooch
59 Posts
This is 100% load of 4ghz all core after 20 hours with the settings i showed

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is 100% load of 4ghz all core after 20 hours with the settings i showed

View attachment 2488898
My problem is the idle temps whenever a few cores ramp up on random background stuff (CPU usage <3-5%). Running benchmarks, I get about mid-high 60C on my Kraken Z73. I've been researching this idle temp ever since earlier this year when I got the 5950x. Most people just say these chips run warm/hot idle, but occasionally I see a few people that are able to idle in the 30s, which I've only been able to pull off idling in high 30s C in the winter when ambient temps are in the 60s F (<20C). I wonder if I need to redo the thermal paste?

I run 3 top radiator fans top exhaust, and 3 side intake 3 bottom intake. I even tried opening the case up and temps are about the same.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My problem is the idle temps whenever a few cores ramp up on random background stuff (CPU usage <3-5%). Running benchmarks, I get about mid-high 60C on my Kraken Z73. I've been researching this idle temp ever since earlier this year when I got the 5950x. Most people just say these chips run warm/hot idle, but occasionally I see a few people that are able to idle in the 30s, which I've only been able to pull off idling in high 30s C in the winter when ambient temps are in the 60s F (<20C). I wonder if I need to redo the thermal paste?

I run 3 top radiator fans top exhaust, and 3 side intake 3 bottom intake. I even tried opening the case up and temps are about the same.
As an experiment, i would try changing 3 intakes for exhaust and see what that does, this creates a negative pressure forcing air out of the system any way possible (little holes in the back, etc.) and might make it better, pain to do, but if it works, then all good. Since the 5800X I've noticed these random little spikes also, and from most research I've done, it seems to be windows 10 is the culprit with recent and some past updates. Its gotten better recently because it seems when windows is updating, it looks for patches that aren't working right, and then uninstalls them automatically.

• Rep+
Reactions: gucci904

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ok well this is crazy, I've tried everything to get my ram to run at 3800 MHz, but the magical fclk 1900Mhz would never boot. So i tried 1933 MHz, and it works.
Very strange, 1866 and 1933 work perfectly, 1900, no go, i cant even fathom why this is, maybe AMD or ASRock set it this way on purpose?
Now its time to play with the timings a bit. Ill report back in a bit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lmao, sometimes doing the illogical just works =P. Also, regarding idle temps, there is just too much variance as there could be programs running in the background causing spikes. 5900x user here but during winter my idle would be 30s-40s. Now mostly 40-50s since it's warmer.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

1221 - 1240 of 1259 Posts