Overclock.net banner

2761 - 2777 of 2777 Posts

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its L0G4N View Post

Welp, my card went on a killing spree and killed my second lane...
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. It could have been the on-chip pcie controller going. You didn't bclk oc did you?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm thinking power supply or update the UEFI to the latest version, considering you were pushing the system just before it would only boot from onboard gpu.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I cant find the latest version of Intel(R) Graphics Accelerator Driver. ASUS has the version 23/7/15
mad.gif

·
Registered
95 Posts
How does USB Charger+ work? I have an android and it charges as fast as it usually does from a usb. Isn't this supposed to be faster, or am I missing something?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karupt View Post

How does USB Charger+ work? I have an android and it charges as fast as it usually does from a usb. Isn't this supposed to be faster, or am I missing something?
It doesn't work. If you need a higher Amp USB charger purchase a wall adaptor that supports 2+ AMP.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello people, i wanted some advice for this mobo, i wanna get rid of those corsair ram sticks and also go 16gb,my question is i found some ram sticks from g.skill to buy, but those aren't in the manual of ram supported ones.(thats mostly because its just outdated correct?) I want to get " G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3-2133MHz (F3-2133C10D-16GXM) " Will they work on my mobo ? Anyone can share their thoughts or experience on this? (doesnt have to be this exact model, just one that i can find in my country)

·
WaterCooler
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPh View Post

Hello people, i wanted some advice for this mobo, i wanna get rid of those corsair ram sticks and also go 16gb,my question is i found some ram sticks from g.skill to buy, but those aren't in the manual of ram supported ones.(thats mostly because its just outdated correct?) I want to get " G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3-2133MHz (F3-2133C10D-16GXM) " Will they work on my mobo ? Anyone can share their thoughts or experience on this? (doesnt have to be this exact model, just one that i can find in my country)
According to G.Skill (QVL) it works with this board.

I also have memory that isn't on the compatible list by Asus. But it runs just fine in xmp.

• Rep+
Reactions: ChrisPh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys.
I have disabled SVID Control, and since I've done that, everytime I start the computer after a power down, it starts for 1 second then shuts off and starts again. It does that once.
I can reboot normaly and shut it down/on normally, the problem is only when I switch off the PSU.
What can be causing this? Should I clear Cmos and try disabling Svid Control again? Bios says Svid Control disabled but I can still see SVID value in monitoring software.

·
WaterCooler
2,542 Posts
Hey guys.
I have disabled SVID Control, and since I've done that, everytime I start the computer after a power down, it starts for 1 second then shuts off and starts again. It does that once.
I can reboot normaly and shut it down/on normally, the problem is only when I switch off the PSU.
What can be causing this? Should I clear Cmos and try disabling Svid Control again? Bios says Svid Control disabled but I can still see SVID value in monitoring software.
I had that once too and it turned out it was some software issue. I removed the latest installed and the pc shut down normally again.
Don't ask me what program though as it was a looong time ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had that once too and it turned out it was some software issue. I removed the latest installed and the pc shut down normally again.
Don't ask me what program though as it was a looong time ago.
Hm...thanks. I have no idea what can it be.

btw this seems to be a good thread to ask, that ROG badge that came with the board for us to stick on teh case or wherever, if we revome it after years, will it stick again or be ruined?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! Just got this board and it's paired with an i5 4570 and GTX 1080. I've been trying to squeeze more performance out of the CPU since I have a 212 Evo that can handle the heat. I found this https://www.win-raid.com/t154f16-Tool-Guide-News-quot-UEFI-BIOS-Updater-quot-UBU.html and this https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1590077-asus-z87-enhanced-turbo-non-k-cpus.html.

Basically, I want to downgrade the microcode to 07 or any version that lets me use the turbo boost multiplier bug, basically letting me overclock the CPU or at least force the 1-core ratio to all 4 cores. I've tried BCLK OC but I don't want to damage other components with high BCLK, a friend fried his USB ports by doing this.

Any tips? Should I just follow those guides? It seems that you need a special DOS-USB thing to flash modded BIOS in Z97, I don't know if the same applies to this one and I don't want to kill my board, I just want to get more Mhz out of the i5 since I can't find a 4770k-4790k in my town. Thanks

·
Guru
1,153 Posts
Hello! Just got this board and it's paired with an i5 4570 and GTX 1080. I've been trying to squeeze more performance out of the CPU since I have a 212 Evo that can handle the heat. I found this https://www.win-raid.com/t154f16-Tool-Guide-News-quot-UEFI-BIOS-Updater-quot-UBU.html and this https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1590077-asus-z87-enhanced-turbo-non-k-cpus.html.

Basically, I want to downgrade the microcode to 07 or any version that lets me use the turbo boost multiplier bug, basically letting me overclock the CPU or at least force the 1-core ratio to all 4 cores. I've tried BCLK OC but I don't want to damage other components with high BCLK, a friend fried his USB ports by doing this.

Any tips? Should I just follow those guides? It seems that you need a special DOS-USB thing to flash modded BIOS in Z97, I don't know if the same applies to this one and I don't want to kill my board, I just want to get more Mhz out of the i5 since I can't find a 4770k-4790k in my town. Thanks
Dunno, but stock this CPU will really struggle with MT and modern games. You would want something close to twice the performance it offers when fully loaded to pair it with GTX1080 (overclocked 4770K). I would just scratch it (sell) and buy another CPU, otherwise it's a waste of GPU power.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
4790k still kicking, delided cpu, added 10gb rog AREION and radeon vii

maximus vi hero
4x4gb ddr3 patriot viper 2400
1300 g2 evga
radeon vii
ekwb supremacy evo
ekwb m6g north and south bridge cooler
ekwb monarchy x4
rog fan controller
Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 Radiator
corsair static pressure fans
ocz trion 150 x4, raid 0

Attachments

·
technologist
4,489 Posts
Hey guys.

Mine has always done this regardless of bios version, microcode, etc. I have had my board for 5 years. Basically if I change anything from stock, that is, if I overclock, it always does this but only on a cold boot after the PSU has been discharged (switched off).

If it's not doing it after the system has been on, or shut down, but the power supply has been left on, then I'm not sure what the problem is. Sure, it takes a little longer to turn on fully, but who cares?

Try setting everything back to stock and see if it does it, then change one thing at a time until you find the culprit (if it really isn't SVID). Otherwise, try your overclock while leaving it on.

I thought this was related to the Digi+ VRM and certain power delivery settings but maybe I'm wrong.

2761 - 2777 of 2777 Posts