Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 2777 Posts

·

1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaedroid View Post

I just found this thread...Hello to Everyone!

Nice setup there mate
thumb.gif

·
Registered
834 Posts
Loving the board!
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: SortOfGrim

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlucky View Post

Now that is one sexy setup!

Which case is that by the way?
Corsair 600t with custom full acrylic side panel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nice - I'm going to have to take a look at your build log - do you have one?

I have never done watercooling but I will only attempt it once I have used my computer for a year two.

How much have you overclocked by? I would like to add it to the list of overclocking achievements for the board if that is ok with you.

I'm such a dummy - a case of working too hard today. I'm glad I have a holiday tomorrow. Got the link - it's in your sig
smile.gif

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlucky View Post

Nice - I'm going to have to take a look at your build log - do you have one?

I have never done watercooling but I will only attempt it once I have used my computer for a year two.

How much have you overclocked by? I would like to add it to the list of overclocking achievements for the board if that is ok with you.

I'm such a dummy - a case of working too hard today. I'm glad I have a holiday tomorrow. Got the link - it's in your sig
smile.gif
4.6ghz but its not the boards fault. My cpu is below average I think.

·
WaterCooler
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood78 View Post

Loving the board!
thumb.gif

Quote:

4.6ghz but its not the boards fault. My cpu is below average I think.
Stunning rig
thumb.gif

I really like the acrylic tubes. How did you do the bends? And how long did it take to conquer that method?
wink.gif

Also as you can't squeeze the tubes anymore, how hard is it to bleed?

Haswell gets hot too quickly. What temps you get at load (@ ambient temp)?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

Stunning rig
thumb.gif

I really like the acrylic tubes. How did you do the bends? And how long did it take to conquer that method?
wink.gif

Also as you can't squeeze the tubes anymore, how hard is it to bleed?

Haswell gets hot too quickly. What temps you get at load (@ ambient temp)?
The tube bending takes a lot of patience and practice. There are a few guides on youtube. Just search primochill acrylic (sorry, cant link because youtube is blocked at work). I had purchased some tubes from TAP plastics to practice on before doing it on the color tubes (Primochill).

You just have to find the right tight bend form. I basically used a PVC pipe connector to get the bend I want and used a t-square to ensure they bends are 90 degrees.

Bleeding is actually easier than regular tubing. I think its because the tubes are rigid and the bubbles just pass through like nothing. I'd done builds with regular tubing and the rigids are 10x easier to bleed.

Haswell does heat up fast because of the glue intel uses on their IHC, which is why I delidded. My temps are low to mid 70s at around 1.4v, which is really good. Without a delid, expect 90s with just 1.2ish volts.

·
Registered
635 Posts
4.6Ghz?

Is that a delid? Doh..I got ninja'd

Well I was convincing myself that there was no way I would delid, but I begin to change my mind...

I'll aim for 4.5GHz...crossing fingers

Great setups I see there...I dig the red PSU I thought it was an ROG PSU for a sec lol!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delavan View Post

4.6Ghz?

Is that a delid? Doh..I got ninja'd

Well I was convincing myself that there was no way I would delid, but I begin to change my mind...

I'll aim for 4.5GHz...crossing fingers

Great setups I see there...I dig the red PSU I thought it was an ROG PSU for a sec lol!
If you get lucky with the cpu lottery, you can hit 4.6ghz with 1.2v, which is max volts for a high end air cooler or high end close loop water cooler (H100i, etc). Temps should be around 80 ish. Might want to see what kind of cpu you got before abusing your chip
biggrin.gif

I delidded through vice and hammer and let me tell you, its an interesting feeling when you hit your new $300 cpu with a hammer, LOL.

·
WaterCooler
2,542 Posts
Quote:

If you get lucky with the cpu lottery, you can hit 4.6ghz with 1.2v, which is max volts for a high end air cooler or high end close loop water cooler (H100i, etc). Temps should be around 80 ish. Might want to see what kind of cpu you got before abusing your chip
biggrin.gif

I delidded through vice and hammer and let me tell you, its an interesting feeling when you hit your new $300 cpu with a hammer, LOL.
And what were the temps on stock?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

And what were the temps on stock?
I didn't even test it out stock. I was shooting for 5.0 and knew whatever chip I got, I needed to delid. So I delidded new out of the box, lol.
wink.gif

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna89 View Post

I just become a Hero owner finally.
PS : A little question, Ai suite 3 cause stuttering in your system ?
Nope. There is an updated bios that may fix that on asus site. Some have also said the new bios helps with higher overclocks but didn't help mines.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have the board as well, just no pix to prove it yet. Will take one when I get back home.
smile.gif

Which settings should be used for overclocking with this board? Set everything to auto an just increase the Vcore and multiplier manually? Is there anything else that might make things more stable? I'm AIDA64 stable for 6hrs at 1.280V (static Vcore) and apps but not Prime95.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i was interested in buying this board, but my impression is that this board does not have headphone amp, despite the fact that some people at various places have mentioned there is. That makes me reluctant to buy it because competitors do have headphone amp ( like gd-65) and i have 80 ohm headphones (DT-770), which could benefit from an amp. So my question is whether my reasons are justified for not choosing the board, and if indeed this board does not have an amp. Or should i just get it and then later get a sound card or something.

21 - 40 of 2777 Posts