Overclock.net banner
5261 - 5280 of 5343 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I can't wait for the day that AIDA is not used anymore for comparing mem scores/latency. Such a worthless, easily manipulated bench that has too many variables. Intel MLC seems to be more consistent run-to-run from what I've seen
It's a nice and fast tool for testing memorysettings on the same computer.

Comparing aida results with different versions, different os, bclk overclocking, many background services etc, makes less sense.
Use it as a tool, nothing else :)

• Rep+
Reactions: Nelfhunt and z390e

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the Answers.

@sblantipodi Everything works fine @4800 mhz. so i think, CPU is stable

And yes, i think a 1.000 € Board should work with at least with XMP. I bought this board, because i want to start overclocking in the future. I wouldn't be mad, if this doesen't work. But that the basics are not working sucks.
And also my Micproblems. I don't pay for a soundcard, that iam unable to use.

I wrote the reseller again and also i wrote a mail to asus (instead of phoning). And if this still wont fix anything, i will ask a lawyer to get this done for me. This just cost time again, and i hate it, but better then having this garbage lying around -.-

But thanks, i really thought that maybe i should just accept it. But now i will try to get an functional board

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the Answers.

@sblantipodi Everything works fine @4800 mhz. so i think, CPU is stable

And yes, i think a 1.000 € Board should work with at least with XMP. I bought this board, because i want to start overclocking in the future. I wouldn't be mad, if this doesen't work. But that the basics are not working sucks.
And also my Micproblems. I don't pay for a soundcard, that iam unable to use.

I wrote the reseller again and also i wrote a mail to asus (instead of phoning). And if this still wont fix anything, i will ask a lawyer to get this done for me. This just cost time again, and i hate it, but better then having this garbage lying around -.-

But thanks, i really thought that maybe i should just accept it. But now i will try to get an functional board
For that money I think you have all the right to be mad and ASUS should replace the board or offer you your money back. I think ASUS produced so many broken boards this generation that now they are just trying to avoid as many RMA's as possible... IMO that's not how you treat your loyal customers. The only reason any company exist is because of us, the consumers. Just shameful.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
if you read my previous posts you know how mad I was with Asus "not beeing clear on some situations" but we can't ask Asus to fix something that can't be fixed by Asus.

I agree that Extreme board does not worth the money since it adds nothing to the mix apart some LEDs and a display but you can't expect to have a "guaranteed overclock" just because you spent a lot of money on a motherboard.

Don't forget that the base clock is really low on this platform, 6GHz on RAM is a crazy high OC.
Lower your expectations and try to understand what XMP is.

XMP stands for eXtreme Memory Profile and no one can guarantee you that it will work out of the box.

This is much more true with alder lake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you read my previous posts you know how mad I was with Asus "not beeing clear on some situations" but we can't ask Asus to fix something that can't be fixed by Asus.

I agree that Extreme board does not worth the money since it adds nothing to the mix apart some LEDs and a display but you can't expect to have a "guaranteed overclock" just because you spent a lot of money on a motherboard.

Don't forget that the base clock is really low on this platform, 6GHz on RAM is a crazy high OC.

XMP stands for eXtreme Memory Profile and no one can guarantee you that it will work out of the box.

I think most understand that, but not to go in circles here, there are actually faulty ASUS motherboards out there that can't do XMP due to mechanical fault on it, not due to weak a IMC etc. I mean, there are some user out there who got a board from a different brand after they had issues with their ASUS board, on which they could easily OC RAM past 6GHz with the same CPU and RAM kit they used prior to that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did my bios update (1403). Decided to give XMP1 a shot. Still broke. Pc is literally rock solid without XMP enabled. I'd hate to have a bad MB over ram but based on what I've seen throughout this thread I'd say board. BIOS at default settings.

Z690 APEX MFD (2021-11)
G.SKILL Z5 6000 CL36
(2) 1T WD_BLACK SN850
(2) DIMM.2 1T WD_BLACK SN850
THOR 1200W
STRIX 3090 OC

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just did my bios update (1403). Decided to give XMP1 a shot. Still broke. Pc is literally rock solid without XMP enabled. I'd hate to have a bad MB over ram but based on what I've seen throughout this thread I'd say board. BIOS at default settings.

Z690 APEX MFD (2021-11)
G.SKILL Z5 6000 CL36
(2) 1T WD_BLACK SN850
(2) DIMM.2 1T WD_BLACK SN850
THOR 1200W
STRIX 3090 OC
Even a good apex kinda sucks with samsung kits. The only reason to go Apex is if you have hynix - and you think you are lucky enough to get one of the good boards.

Im running 6000c30-32-32 1T on a unisex board with the same kit you have, and trust me it was godawfully easy to get that result.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Like i wrote, i wouldn't be mad, if OC wont work. And ok, i lower my expectation about XMP.
Should i also lower my expectation regarding "Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation" thats "helping ensure crystal-clear communication" and "ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality."? Because it looks like, crystal-clear means, that static sounds are hearable all the time.
And what about the fact, that i need to wait for at least 5 Minuets, before my wifi connection becomes stable? Oh btw, the wifi router stands around 1 m away.

If this static sounds and the bad wifi is really something, i should have expected with an 1.000 € Mainboard, then please tell me, because then, i will never do this error again to buy a Board, that costs more then 200.

·
Premium Member
4,491 Posts
Should i also lower my expectation regarding "Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation" thats "helping ensure crystal-clear communication" and "ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality."? Because it looks like, crystal-clear means, that static sounds are hearable all the time
You should always lower your expectations for onboard sound and that also should never be a reason to spend extra.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Like i wrote, i wouldn't be mad, if OC wont work. And ok, i lower my expectation about XMP.
Should i also lower my expectation regarding "Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation" thats "helping ensure crystal-clear communication" and "ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality."? Because it looks like, crystal-clear means, that static sounds are hearable all the time.
And what about the fact, that i need to wait for at least 5 Minuets, before my wifi connection becomes stable? Oh btw, the wifi router stands around 1 m away.

If this static sounds and the bad wifi is really something, i should have expected with an 1.000 € Mainboard, then please tell me, because then, i will never do this error again to buy a Board, that costs more then 200.
Asus just teached you that spending all that money on a board have no sense.
I have an Extreme, it costs almost 2 times more than an Hero.

My Hero works much better than the Extreme with 4 sticks, this is the only difference I can notice between the two boards.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Asus just teached you that spending all that money on a board have no sense.
I have an Extreme, it costs almost 2 times more than an Hero.

My Hero works much better than the Extreme with 4 sticks, this is the only difference I can notice between the two boards.
Yeah the Extreme made no sense at that price the Hero/Formula/Apex are already not cheap boards.

• Rep+
Reactions: sblantipodi

·
Premium Member
Rig in the signature
422 Posts
It's funny people are still considering buying an ASUS board after the sh*tshow going for weeks here.
Lesson learned. No more ASUS board in the nearest future.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I can't wait for the day that AIDA is not used anymore for comparing mem scores/latency. Such a worthless, easily manipulated bench that has too many variables. Intel MLC seems to be more consistent run-to-run from what I've seen
if you (we) stop visiting forums like this, we'll just be happy with what we have and stop comparing ourselves with others' results.

---------

after 1 month back and forth asus offered to buy my apex back as they seemingly stopped producing it any longer. This would mean I would go for the unify X but I'm not really willing to put any time and effort into learning a new board to achieve at first the same CPU OC and secondly go from 6400 cl28 to possibly 6600+ or higher.

will probably just wait for next gen, or send it back, get 350$ back as the unify x is merely about 450$ compared to what I paid for the apex 800$ almost and live with moderate OC until next gen.

One is clear, I won't buy asus ever again.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
After 5 months, my Extreme continue to freeze at boot even at stock clocks using 4 sticks of SK Hynix...

Stock CPU, stock frequency for RAM (4000MT/s C40)

I want a refund, where did you asked for a refund guys?
I think that it's time that Asus gives my money back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
After 5 months, my Extreme continue to freeze at boot even at stock clocks using 4 sticks of SK Hynix...

Stock CPU, stock frequency for RAM (4000MT/s C40)

I want a refund, where did you asked for a refund guys?
I think that it's time that Asus gives my money back.
I'm pretty sure everyone went through the RMA process, with a lot of back and forth communication with their support (1 - 2 months I assume) and if they can't get you a replacement, they will offer you your money back. I think...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok a little puzzled - on a Z690 Wifi ROG Strix F and I can run my Team Delta 6400 @ 6400 just fine @ 16GB rock solid in prime etc but when I add another 16GB prime reports worker errors.

How do I resolve that, what is the issue here?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok I'll try again - I've learned the memory controller on my 12900K probably lost the silicon lottery and is struggling with 32GB @ 6400. 16 is fine, but 32 is a struggle to pass the stress tests etc.

Which settings in the bios (asus ROG Strix Wifi f gaming) can I change to 'strengthen' the memory controller? And what should I change it to, give or take?

5261 - 5280 of 5343 Posts