Overclock.net banner
1341 - 1360 of 5409 Posts

·
Facepalm
10,928 Posts
Okay so it ended up being the motherboard!

Both ram sticks now work and i can also use XMP.

Now do i keep the RMA Ram set that i payed for in advance and go 64GB lol i mean i just use it for gaming.
If it's Samsung or Hynx RAM, you can make a killing scalping it on ebay and just keep 32 GB for yourself.
If it's micron I mean do whatever. RMA it, sell it at cost or keep it for when you need 64 GB. But keep in mind by the time you need 64 GB, there will be 7000+ XMP kits out or maybe 8600+ Gear 4 kits...

·
Registered
468 Posts
attempts to improve xmp , fixed a core ranking / core vid reading bug.
vmaxstress option name changed for future function
DC LL tracked to vrm LL at auto

special test bios for apex:

·
Registered
18 Posts

Is there anything new for the Z690 Hero?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Is this for the D4 version? I am probably doing something wrong but I tried to update the Strix Z690-A with the EzFlash utility. It keeps saying "Selected File is not a proper BIOS!".

I tried: using the Asus renaming tool, using the unnamed file, manually adding "D4" to the end of the file name (The renamed file didn't have D4), and manually renaming the file.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Is this for the D4 version? I am probably doing something wrong but I tried to update the Strix Z690-A with the EzFlash utility. It keeps saying "Selected File is not a proper BIOS!".

I tried: using the Asus renaming tool, using the unnamed file, manually adding "D4" to the end of the file name (The renamed file didn't have D4), and manually renaming the file.
No it is not

·
Registered
33 Posts

for strix-f please

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Can you explain how AI OC works or how to get it to work? Do we first "Load Optimized Defaults" and then just click "Enable" on AI OC (which tab is it under)?

We don't have to change anything else?

This is how it looks like with AI OC enabled:
Power plan set to max performance currently, hence not much downclocking. Haven't touched anything else in BIOS yet, noticed XMP disables itself and goes to "Manual" with AI enabled but the memory keeps the XMP clocks.
View attachment 2537731

·
Registered
30 Posts
If it's Samsung or Hynx RAM, you can make a killing scalping it on ebay and just keep 32 GB for yourself.
If it's micron I mean do whatever. RMA it, sell it at cost or keep it for when you need 64 GB. But keep in mind by the time you need 64 GB, there will be 7000+ XMP kits out or maybe 8600+ Gear 4 kits...
Which ones are Samsung or Hynx Ram?

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
What VDIMM and SA did you need to go 4133 > 4266?
The only change was I had to lower sa from 1.45 to 1.4. But I wouldnt put too much into passing 1 or even 2 different memory test. Now trying some other things it is unstable. Like y cruncher and aida mem and cache stress test shows errors. I haven't tried raising sa back up from 1.4 to 1.45 but I dont think it is a good long term mem setup for me anyway. Seems right on the edge. I will probably go back toi 4133c15 as that has been solid.

4266c16 was very temp sensitive. I would probably need to water cool the sticks. Much over 43-44c on mem temps much more likely to throw errors on my setup.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Circuit component Personal computer Netbook Passive circuit component Electronic component

Guys, what bios would be recommended to load for my new setup with Trident Z5 RGB 6000CL40? I've lost count of the various bios posted. I know there is 0803 now by Shamino but there also is some special test bios 0021 which doesn't really mention what's baked into it. I'm assuming my 6000CL40 would be Samsung though there might be a miraculous chance it could be Hynix. Which bios would you load? Thanks in advance!

• Rep+
Reactions: adna and owikh84

·
Registered
12900K - MZ690F - Strix 3090oc
338 Posts
View attachment 2537815

Guys, what bios would be recommended to load for my new setup with Trident Z5 RGB 6000CL40? I've lost count of the various bios posted. I know there is 0803 now by Shamino but there also is some special test bios 0021 which doesn't really mention what's baked into it. I'm assuming my 6000CL40 would be Samsung though there might be a miraculous chance it could be Hynix. Which bios would you load? Thanks in advance!
V0811 shamino just dropped.

AFAIK the 6000’s are Samsung. 6200+ Are generally SK Hynix.

• Rep+
Reactions: satinghostrider

·
Registered
575 Posts
V0811 shamino just dropped.
Sorry my earlier post should read as 0811 not 0803. On another note, is there any more details of the 0021 special test bios? Doesn't seem to indicate any change log/improvements.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I will wait for the response, if the 6000 c36 will run now with XMP 1 before I ask for my z690-F…

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can you explain how AI OC works or how to get it to work? Do we first "Load Optimized Defaults" and then just click "Enable" on AI OC (which tab is it under)?

We don't have to change anything else?
this vid explains it.

1341 - 1360 of 5409 Posts