Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 52889 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


Official EA website

Battlelog

Pre-order available:
Origin : Newegg : Direct2Drive :
Amazon Amazon

Not coming to steam

Stay up to date with the latest developments at:

MP1st.com

Official Overclock.net 32 man server

Loading...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AnXlIPbyx6lgdE9JRW1tWld4QWs1THpxV2FEWUhvZFE&w=75&h=500Google Spreadsheet

Add origin to steam to get steam overlay into BF3.

Quote:

Having problems?

Make sure you add EA.Exe, Originsetup.exe, BF3.exe, and Origin.exe to your security software's exception list with "allowed parent" set to allow if applicable.

Videos:


Details:

  • Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3
  • Release date: October 25, 2011
  • Engine: Frostbite 2.0
  • DirectX version: 10/11
  • No support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.
  • 64 player multiplayer
  • Single player / co-op campaign
  • For £11.99, Limited Edition includes Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi Peninsula.

Minimum System Requirements:

  • OS: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) 32-Bit
  • Processor: 2 GHz dual-core (Core2Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • GPU (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)
  • GPU (Nvidia): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

Recommended System Requirements:

  • OS: Windows 7 64-bit
  • Processor: Quad-core CPU
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • GPU: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024+ MB RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)

Classes (2142 esque):

  • Rifleman: Assault rifle, Medkit, Defribulators, M9 Pistol, Grenade, Knife
  • Recon: Sniper Rifle, C4, M9 Pistol, Grenade, Knife
  • Support: LMG(Usable Bipod), Ammo, M9 Pistol, Grenade, Knife
  • Engineer: Rocket Launcher, Repair Tool, M4 Carbine, M9 Pistol, Grenade, Knife

Quote:
• Frostbite 2 - Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

• Feel the Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

• Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

• Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

Points of interest:


Information will be added as it becomes avaliable.
PM me if you have anything you think should be added to this post.

Thanks to enri95, Lune, Kcuestag, and djriful.






























 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
Geez, the beta doesn't even start until a whole year from now.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: caossio

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

Geez, the beta doesn't even start until a whole year from now.

that's not what it says...

it just says the beta access is "valid" for a year... pretty much...

which means, "any time" before that "1 year mark"... can be tomorrow... can be in Feb, or May, or Aug... or Oct 11... but anytime before then... or so they claim...

could be pushed after that too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Well this thread never took off. BREAK OUT THE DEFIBS! (see what I did there?)

DICE could take BF2, update the technology withe Frostbite 2, and I'd still be happy. It's my favorite game of all time... followed closely by BF1942.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,844 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by EfemaN
View Post

BREAK OUT THE DEFIBS!

No stat padding in this thread


I hope I get the job I will be applying for in April so I can afford to buy a new computer (maybe 3) for this game.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfemaN;11793433
Well this thread never took off. BREAK OUT THE DEFIBS! (see what I did there?)

DICE could take BF2, update the technology withe Frostbite 2, and I'd still be happy. It's my favorite game of all time... followed closely by BF1942.
biggrin.gif
Well i created it far before there was much information floating around. After there is actually some tangible information about the game i'm sure people will visit this thread more.

Heres an oldish presentation about destruction in Frostbite 2.0.
biggrin.gif

http://www.slideshare.net/DICEStudio/siggraph10-arrdestruction-maskinginfrostbite2?from=ss_embed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hy3RiD;11797291
biggrin.gif

destruction 2.0 is in BC2
wink.gif
Destruction 2.0 yes, but that is showcasing Frostbite 2.0. BC2 used Frostbite 1.5.
wink.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Here's my wishlist
biggrin.gif
I list a lot of FPS's that I like and elements I would like BF3 to include from each.

Battlefield 1942

Well, this is my favorite game of all time, so the list is extensive.

1. Vehicles. In my opinion, BF1942 had the best balance of vehicles of any game. The jeeps, tanks, APCs, battleships, carriers, destroyers, submarines, bombers, fighters, torpedos, etc were all extremely well balanced and very fun to play. Planes were fun against people, ships, other planes, or tanks, and likewise all the vehicles were fun against each other. It also wasn't impossible at all for infantry to take out vehicles so they weren't overpowered.

2. Maps. The maps in 1942 were fantastic. Not only were they all fun, but there was a great balance in maps. You had awesome maps like Midway that are enormous and made for dog fighting and naval battles, moderate maps like Battleaxe or Bocage that could work extremely well on an infantry or vehicle level, and smaller maps like Berlin and Stalingrad that were more designed for close combat infantry fighting.

3. Mods. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us modding in BF3. This feature was the one that kept me coming back to 1942 for years. If you liked rifle battles, you could go to a one hit rifle server. If you wanted custom maps, you could do that. If you wanted vehicles tweaked or spawn times changed, you could do that.

4. Community. This is more a feature of how the dynamics of the community worked then actually any conscious decisions of Dice, but the clans and community of 1942 was fantastic. I have literally dozens or hundreds of people I know and like on the game, some quite well.

Battlefield 2

I haven't had this game for long, so I only have one quick thing to say.

1. Squads. BF2 had fantastic implementations of the squad mechanics. The Commander and Squad Leaders seem to work quite well and make the game about larger tactics as well as skill with guns.

Counter Strike: Source

This is a different style of FPS from BF, but it still deserves some recognition as a great game.

1. Mods. Lots of games do this now, but CSS seems a good example of streamlined mods. In older games, you had to manually download mods and new maps and put them in your game folder. In CSS, the server takes care of this and makes it much easier.

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Well, BC2 wasn't quite the game I wanted (though my wants are a little extreme
biggrin.gif
), but it was still a WHOLE lot of fun and well worth the money.

1. Leveling System. I like how the game has defined classes you level within as well as an overarching level. It keeps things organized and tactical and gives everyone their own role, as opposed to games like CoD where everyone runs around with whatever gun they happen to like best.

2. Graphics and Physics. Bad Company was beautiful, sounded great, and had awesome destruction. I know BF3 will use Frostbite 2.0, so hopefully it will be even better looking, sounding, and physics-ing (see what I did there).

Miscellaneous

1. I would love to see a more robust clan system. It would be awesome to register clans and have both leaderboards of every clan (based on user accuracy, k/d, maybe even official clan wars) as well as leaderboards inside each clan showing how each person does. I think this would add some fun competition.

2. I don't want to start a flamewar about this, but I'd like to see prone if possible. If not, it's not that big of a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleboy;11807461
Here's my wishlist
biggrin.gif
I list a lot of FPS's that I like and elements I would like BF3 to include from each.

Battlefield 1942

Well, this is my favorite game of all time, so the list is extensive.

1. Vehicles. In my opinion, BF1942 had the best balance of vehicles of any game. The jeeps, tanks, APCs, battleships, carriers, destroyers, submarines, bombers, fighters, torpedos, etc were all extremely well balanced and very fun to play. Planes were fun against people, ships, other planes, or tanks, and likewise all the vehicles were fun against each other. It also wasn't impossible at all for infantry to take out vehicles so they weren't overpowered.

2. Maps. The maps in 1942 were fantastic. Not only were they all fun, but there was a great balance in maps. You had awesome maps like Midway that are enormous and made for dog fighting and naval battles, moderate maps like Battleaxe or Bocage that could work extremely well on an infantry or vehicle level, and smaller maps like Berlin and Stalingrad that were more designed for close combat infantry fighting.

3. Mods. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us modding in BF3. This feature was the one that kept me coming back to 1942 for years. If you liked rifle battles, you could go to a one hit rifle server. If you wanted custom maps, you could do that. If you wanted vehicles tweaked or spawn times changed, you could do that.

4. Community. This is more a feature of how the dynamics of the community worked then actually any conscious decisions of Dice, but the clans and community of 1942 was fantastic. I have literally dozens or hundreds of people I know and like on the game, some quite well.

Battlefield 2

I haven't had this game for long, so I only have one quick thing to say.

1. Squads. BF2 had fantastic implementations of the squad mechanics. The Commander and Squad Leaders seem to work quite well and make the game about larger tactics as well as skill with guns.

Counter Strike: Source

This is a different style of FPS from BF, but it still deserves some recognition as a great game.

1. Mods. Lots of games do this now, but CSS seems a good example of streamlined mods. In older games, you had to manually download mods and new maps and put them in your game folder. In CSS, the server takes care of this and makes it much easier.

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Well, BC2 wasn't quite the game I wanted (though my wants are a little extreme
biggrin.gif
), but it was still a WHOLE lot of fun and well worth the money.

1. Leveling System. I like how the game has defined classes you level within as well as an overarching level. It keeps things organized and tactical and gives everyone their own role, as opposed to games like CoD where everyone runs around with whatever gun they happen to like best.

2. Graphics and Physics. Bad Company was beautiful, sounded great, and had awesome destruction. I know BF3 will use Frostbite 2.0, so hopefully it will be even better looking, sounding, and physics-ing (see what I did there).

Miscellaneous

1. I would love to see a more robust clan system. It would be awesome to register clans and have both leaderboards of every clan (based on user accuracy, k/d, maybe even official clan wars) as well as leaderboards inside each clan showing how each person does. I think this would add some fun competition.

2. I don't want to start a flamewar about this, but I'd like to see prone if possible. If not, it's not that big of a deal.
This is what it needs to be basically. A modern FPS that takes a little bit from every good FPS out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
467 Posts
BF2 stole my heart the day it came out. And i still play it from time to time till this day. No FPS has this much replay/fun value like BF2(except for Counter Strike ofc)

In order for BF3 to succeed, they're going to have to make it just as simple/original like BF2, but with the latest graphical technology, exciting/strategic maps, squads, better air support, balances and so fourth.

BF3 will either be epic win or something along the lines of BC2. What really pisses me off is that it will not be "pc exclusive" The looks on the console kids faces would have been simply priceless. Srsly tho.... what happened to the days when FPS games on pc had more authority?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BF3Nation.com is holding a contest to sponsor a Battlefield 3 clan when Battlefield 3 comes out.

Link.
Quote:
The winning team will receive:

1 year of free web hosting.

1 free .com domain of your choosing.

6 month subscription to a dedicated 64 slot gameserver.

Become an officially sponsored BF3Nation clan and have a permanent link to your clan site on our main page.
 

·
3DFX User
Joined
·
7,279 Posts
Cant wait for this!
 
1 - 20 of 52889 Posts
Top