Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, seeing as how I see a new thread on the demo every couple hours...I thought this thread would be a good idea for us to share stuff.
Thread made official with the permission of Bigval.
---------------------------------------------------------------
To get the demo at a fast speed (not 40kbps.)
-download any download manager (I used Internet Download Manager)
-This is the URL: http://files.ngohq.com/games/Battlefield 2142 Demo.rar
-Wait for it..around 40 minutes @ 700 kbps.
-The file is 1.050 gb. (?)
-PS...you need the latest Direct X update to play or it will crash to the desktop: Click here for the August 2006 DirectX 9.0C distro if you don't have it.
Other Links:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_15855.shtml
ftp://ftp.4players.de/pub/pc/battlef...ld2142Demo.exe
---------------------------------------------------------------
My opinion: Well, its awsome! I have never been a big fan of the battlefield series, but this out-guns them all. It mixes a halo like game play with the awsome control and flexibility of the battlefield series. The menus are more responsive....the game actually worked the first time *cough* Graphics are really great although that is not something I should judge looking at my hardware lol. Its not as much of a hog, for me I only saw it use 900 mb. but I only have a gig so..... Gameplay is awsome, guns are responsive and cool. The choppers are really easy to fly and I got the hang of it quick. I'm still a tad bit comfused about who is who and how you win but I only played it for like 1 hour so....
----------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway...share your opinion guys.

PS...this site has everything you ever wanted to know about it: http://bf2142fever.com/

: clock:SPooKed Edit
:clo ck:

Working link for thos who want to download this

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
yay, an official thread! well, i can't play because i don't know what to do with my .rar file when it's unzipped. i'm left with an .ibt file.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,788 Posts
Lack of grenades = FTL

Its ok. They made flying far too easy. I liked when only decent people stayed in the air, and you could stay in the air all the game if you were decent enough. *cough*
*cough*

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,788 Posts

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,788 Posts
No problem.

I wanna play now, but I gotta leave in 10 minutes. >_>;

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook

No problem.

I wanna play now, but I gotta leave in 10 minutes. >_>;

Me too lol. What server you often play on? Maybe I can get on after school.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think the link is now dead.

I tried twice to Download the file with no luck. Now I get a Not Found error message.

Pants!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You can get it via EA Downloader, 7min to go!

·
Registered
764 Posts
im downloading it now at 250kbps, so excited should have it about an hour by my guess.
this is gonna be great!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I keep getting constantly disconnected from the "EA Master Server". So I guess its back to BF2 for now.

·
Old school
14,394 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirunit

I keep getting constantly disconnected from the "EA Master Server". So I guess its back to BF2 for now.

Yeah same here. I play for like 20 min and then EA server loses my connection (but I'm positive its not my internet connection's fault). Then when I re-login, my screen becomes weird with massive amounts of tearing and the bottom half is just black. I'm going to stick with CSS for a while.

·
Old school
14,394 Posts
I got it

Glad it took the download 33 minutes instead of 6 hours!

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,788 Posts
Heres my contribution to the topic.

We owned them.

We got into their titan and blew up the core before they got ours down to even 3/4. You have to get the shield down to 0% to get on, get in, live through almost the whole team defending the titan, destroy some glowing thing in the middle of the titan, while not dying, when thats destroyed, you have 15 seconds to bail out and leave the titan before you die in it. When near all 64 players on the map are in the titan, its fun as hell. You stick with your squad, and 9 times out of then none or only one is left. People kill you on site for getting on the titan. That one was me.

This is after *I* blew it up.
(Well, ok, I had a lot of help
) On the ground after bailing, looking up at the titan blowing up/other people.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts