Overclock.net banner
25361 - 25380 of 25428 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I should've grabbed the one listed on eBay for $1100 with all the bells and whistles almost 2 years ago. Nonetheless very nice job, don't see many builds with the black sparkle fittings. I know that badboy has to throw off some heat under load, I know my SMA8-A gets my office nice n toasty if the AC isn't on, or the windows aren't open a bit. 🥵

·
Just a fan of quality
32 Posts
I should've grabbed the one listed on eBay for $1100 with all the bells and whistles almost 2 years ago. Nonetheless very nice job, don't see many builds with the black sparkle fittings. I know that badboy has to throw off some heat under load, I know my SMA8-A gets my office nice n toasty if the AC isn't on, or the windows aren't open a bit. 🥵
Thanks man, I’ll try and post up screenshots of temps and benchmarks once I get all done with the overclocks. Im running the fans at 800 RPM at the moment and as far as the rads raising my average ambient room temp, I’m hoping for the best 😂🤞.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Thanks man, I’ll try and post up screenshots of temps and benchmarks once I get all done with the overclocks. Im running the fans at 800 RPM at the moment and as far as the rads raising my average ambient room temp, I’m hoping for the best 😂🤞.
I get really good temps ambient or with the AC running

Ambient 10900K + 3090 RTX

Idle CPU 31-36C GPU 25-28C Under load ( Gaming on Ultra ) CPU & GPU around 45-50C sometimes a few degrees higher

AC on

Idle CPU 22C-26C GPU 16-20C Under load CPU 32-36C GPU 37-41C

Gaming with the windows closed and no AC gets warm in here.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
How many MO-RAs do you have and what size? Also, can you take a picture of the case next to some normal sized things so I can gawk at how big it is?
Probably the best human to TX-10 comparison I could find

Jeans Muscle Sleeve Standing Gesture

I wouldn't even trust it on casters, thing should've came with it's own custom carpeted 6 wheel dolly.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Wow! A guy drops out for a few years and what happens. First CaseLabs disappeared...that was a shock and took me completely by surprise (out of the loop, I was)
Now I find out that it all may be resurrected! Joyous news and congrats to the buyer!
I'm still rockin' my Merlin SM8 with dual pedestals and platform (boy I'm glad I bought that platform, tall cases don't roll well on carpet and the wider stance helps stability).
The SM8 has continued as my never-ending build. Now it houses over 35TB of HDD/SSD space to contain my ripped surround sound collection, but is minus the 4x480 & 1x240 radiators to make space for HDD cages. I'm only running 1x480 & 1x240 now to reclaim space.
Still looking for some original-style 4 bay HDD cages though...I only bought one from CaseLabs and the need for more is what actually led me to discover the demise of the company. Could use some new door hinges as well.
Here's the old boy present day.
Gas Machine Electricity Major appliance Fixture

• Rep+
Reactions: Adam Smith

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,667 Posts
Thank you so much, I love your THW build as well, it’s the best THW build that I’ve seen by far to date
Thanks I had a lot of fun building that one! Did you ever do a fitting inventory or count? Curious how many you used.

Wow! A guy drops out for a few years and what happens. First CaseLabs disappeared...that was a shock and took me completely by surprise (out of the loop, I was)
Now I find out that it all may be resurrected! Joyous news and congrats to the buyer!
I'm still rockin' my Merlin SM8 with dual pedestals and platform (boy I'm glad I bought that platform, tall cases don't roll well on carpet and the wider stance helps stability).
The SM8 has continued as my never-ending build. Now it houses over 35TB of HDD/SSD space to contain my ripped surround sound collection, but is minus the 4x480 & 1x240 radiators to make space for HDD cages. I'm only running 1x480 & 1x240 now to reclaim space.
Still looking for some original-style 4 bay HDD cages though...I only bought one from CaseLabs and the need for more is what actually led me to discover the demise of the company. Could use some new door hinges as well.
Here's the old boy present day.
View attachment 2526908
Good to see you around again @mandrix Back in the day your build log was always one of my favorites because you were always changing things around.

That is some serious storage you have in there now! I believe the hinges are still available they are a standard part. Some place in this thread there is a listing for it. I've seen the hard drive cages occasionally on ebay but they are pretty hard to find.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Thanks I had a lot of fun building that one! Did you ever do a fitting inventory or count? Curious how many you used.

Good to see you around again @mandrix Back in the day your build log was always one of my favorites because you were always changing things around.

That is some serious storage you have in there now! I believe the hinges are still available they are a standard part. Some place in this thread there is a listing for it. I've seen the hard drive cages occasionally on ebay but they are pretty hard to find.
Good to see you again Barefooter! I remember you for sure. Thanks for the heads up, later I'll scour the thread for the hinges. I'm not in dire need yet but they are pretty loose.
I bought a 5 bay HDD cage out of China via Amazon, took for ever to get here, and if not optimized for looks, it's quite sturdy and fits in the top pedestal easy enough. But I sure love the CaseLabs light aluminum ones better that bolt up easily. Come to think of it, I've never tried bolting my (1 cage) to the radiator mounts but always to a 120mm fan enclosure, on the front.
I've debating trying to make one but don't really have access to a sheet metal brake except the crude one I built in anticipation to make a whole new side for the SM8 for the R-atx "inverted" mobo panel that time. But I ended up sketching it all out and assisted a guy at a metal shop on a handy brake with swappable dies in the end. That was fun if not very practical. lol. The mobo rear outputs were on top of the case and did have a cool factor. Another guy with an SM8 did the same thing, I recall, "the double twisted snot" something or other I think. Hmmm. Don't remember if I post that in the build log or not.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Good to see you again Barefooter! I remember you for sure. Thanks for the heads up, later I'll scour the thread for the hinges. I'm not in dire need yet but they are pretty loose.
I bought a 5 bay HDD cage out of China via Amazon, took for ever to get here, and if not optimized for looks, it's quite sturdy and fits in the top pedestal easy enough. But I sure love the CaseLabs light aluminum ones better that bolt up easily. Come to think of it, I've never tried bolting my (1 cage) to the radiator mounts but always to a 120mm fan enclosure, on the front.
I've debating trying to make one but don't really have access to a sheet metal brake except the crude one I built in anticipation to make a whole new side for the SM8 for the R-atx "inverted" mobo panel that time. But I ended up sketching it all out and assisted a guy at a metal shop on a handy brake with swappable dies in the end. That was fun if not very practical. lol. The mobo rear outputs were on top of the case and did have a cool factor. Another guy with an SM8 did the same thing, I recall, "the double twisted snot" something or other I think. Hmmm. Don't remember if I post that in the build log or not.
Door Hinges - 96 - Removable Lift-Off Hinges and 96 - Removable Lift-Off Hinges

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Hey, thanks! I appreciate the link.

25361 - 25380 of 25428 Posts