25381 - 25400 of 25428 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
M-Oil,

I wish you the best of luck reviving Caselabs. I love my THW10 dearly, but I completely agree with the other posts about starting with the Bullet line-up. The demand for big cases is has diminished considerably over the past few years and the current trend of small cases makes the Bullet line-up look very marketable.

FabriWin isn't a name I have heard in a LOOOONG time and I hope you are able to convert them into an industry standard .dxf/.dwg. Best case, pun intended, is the flat-files contain proper ASME Y14.5-2009 GD&T, include bend lines, and production comments. It could have been worse, it could have been hand drawn photocopies in .tif's, rotated 90°, and only with nominal dimensions.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Personally, I was never really into Caselabs cases due to the size. I never had a use or interest in HEDT, SLI, lots of storage, etc. The market for that is even smaller now than it was when the brand was active. Dual system builds are not as cool or practical as they seem on paper either. I was always amazed by the build quality and the aesthetic was perfectly minimal, but I couldn't justify owning something I would utilize 25% of and take up 30% of my work area.

This is just me, right now, the struggle is finding a normal desk size compatible, premium case that also has top tier ergonomics. There are very very few options. Stuff like the Singularity Computers Spectre has pretty much 1 config and the aesthetic is definitely not broadly appealing. Price is also pretty yikes. Inwin... lol... oh Inwin... still haven't figured out what the word ergonomic means. I love the 925 design and build quality... but the QoL and internal design is atrocious (same for most of their cases). The Lian Li Odyssey X is a dud... again... bad ergonomics. The V3000 has been the Caselabs SMA8 alternative (V2 will be as well)... but that's not my market (too big). It's no wonder everyone has gone with the Lian Li O11s once Lian Li modernized the internals.

I the O11 (D or XL) is a good feature/spec target. Average footprint (size on desk), ~1080mm rad support (enough for ~750W, which is the most 99% of high end builds will peak at), enough room for EATX mobos, tube res or distro, 3x HHD or 4x SSD slots (with full custom loop), large PSUs, acceptable airflow. The only thing that is missing is 420x140mm rad support. Other than a robust feature set, the other big thing that attracts people to the O11s is the dual front side glass panels. Being able to see your loop from more than one angle. I've done 3 O11 builds for people and every single one said this was the reason they wanted the case. A side and front (at least option) glass panel are a must in 2021+ IMO. While people are sick of the O11 aesthetic at this point... that shouldn't be a problem for Caselabs's design language. It's crazy, ~$3K in core components and my best option (I went with the O11D) was a $150 mass market case. People at or above that price bracket would have no problem laying down $500+ for a well designed, inside and out, premium case.

I think there is a great opportunity here. On one hand, you've got the legacy customers who love the previous product lines/want accessories and an opportunity to fill a space in the current case market.

·
WaterCooler in training
94 Posts
do you plan on selling the case outside US (or whatever region you may be producing it) like other manufacturers do??

(if yes then count me in as an initial buyer!!)
Yes, my plan is to offer the cases on an international market. The cases and accessories won't be exclusive to a single region like the US or Europe (I'm based in Sweden by the way). Shipping to the states might add on another $100 USD to the purchase price, but hopefully I'll find a serious retailer in the US that can carry some inventory so things will be somewhat cheaper.

M-Oil,

I wish you the best of luck reviving Caselabs. I love my THW10 dearly, but I completely agree with the other posts about starting with the Bullet line-up. The demand for big cases is has diminished considerably over the past few years and the current trend of small cases makes the Bullet line-up look very marketable.

FabriWin isn't a name I have heard in a LOOOONG time and I hope you are able to convert them into an industry standard .dxf/.dwg. Best case, pun intended, is the flat-files contain proper ASME Y14.5-2009 GD&T, include bend lines, and production comments. It could have been worse, it could have been hand drawn photocopies in .tif's, rotated 90°, and only with nominal dimensions.
Thank you! Plan is to offer everything at once, just like the "old" days. It depends a lot on what designs I get and what AMADA can convert from the FabriWin format. As far as I know the designs will be in a flat state without the bends, so me and the manufacturer has to figure out where we have to bend the material. But we'll tackle that when we get there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, my plan is to offer the cases on an international market. The cases and accessories won't be exclusive to a single region like the US or Europe (I'm based in Sweden by the way). Shipping to the states might add on another $100 USD to the purchase price, but hopefully I'll find a serious retailer in the US that can carry some inventory so things will be somewhat cheaper.

Thank you! Plan is to offer everything at once, just like the "old" days. It depends a lot on what designs I get and what AMADA can convert from the FabriWin format. As far as I know the designs will be in a flat state without the bends, so me and the manufacturer has to figure out where we have to bend the material. But we'll tackle that when we get there.
I hope you will not forget about the extended top for CL S3 as well :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
From M-oll's posts, it looks like he'll be offering everything that is available on the IP. It would be in his best interest to not forget anything imo. As long as the design is available, I'm sure he'll make it for anyone that requires parts (if possible).

·
WaterCooler in training
94 Posts
I'll make sure to add it to my to-do list:

* Forget to offer extended top for CL S3 to Fandorin

:LOL:

From M-oll's posts, it looks like he'll be offering everything that is available on the IP. It would be in his best interest to not forget anything imo. As long as the design is available, I'm sure he'll make it for anyone that requires parts (if possible).
Yeah, that's the plan. Everything that I get with the IP and can be converted from the FabriWin files I'll make sure it will be avaliable for purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
As I said I’m down for a TX10 with a pair of pedestals and enough mounts to fill it all.

I also hope you’ll be looking at making improvements to the existing designs as some of them could use it. IE Don’t resurrect the Magnum line without going the TW10 route and having flex bays in both sides.
The pedestals can also use some improvements as it’s a pain to access anything once the case is put together

·
Rig Advisor
3,678 Posts
Sure would be nice if say OCN could have first dibs on products when you get them rolling off the assembly line. I am sure international shipping is going to murder us here.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Yeah, that's the plan. Everything that I get with the IP and can be converted from the FabriWin files I'll make sure it will be avaliable for purchase.
Performance-PCs in Florida would be a perfect reseller for you in the USA. I used to buy all kinds of Caselabs accessories from them.
TitanRig as well.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Cant wait for this. This is some of the best news in the PC space in a LONG time. Best of luck to you. I will gladly give you money for new cases down the line and existing parts for my S3.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ill probably get some flack for this and I know we are all excited for Caselabs stuff but Id be surprised if we get anything within the next year or two. Its going to take a while to get the IP, figure it all out, find manufactures, manufactures figure out how it should be done bent cut etc, QC, re test, QC, coating and logistics. I mean I hope its sooner but I guess i'm trying to think about this logically.

·
WaterCooler in training
94 Posts
Ill probably get some flack for this and I know we are all excited for Caselabs stuff but Id be surprised if we get anything within the next year or two. Its going to take a while to get the IP, figure it all out, find manufactures, manufactures figure out how it should be done bent cut etc, QC, re test, QC, coating and logistics. I mean I hope its sooner but I guess i'm trying to think about this logically.
The IP is all bought and paid for. That's what the last three years have been about. And while I've been trying to buy the IP I've had talks with manufacturers, looking at logistics etc. It's not a process where you have to wait for step 1 to finish before you start with step 2. You can, and absolutely should, work on multiple steps at the same time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The IP is all bought and paid for. That's what the last three years have been about. And while I've been trying to buy the IP I've had talks with manufacturers, looking at logistics etc. It's not a process where you have to wait for step 1 to finish before you start with step 2. You can, and absolutely should, work on multiple steps at the same time.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate and respect you for doing this...it's a huge undertaking and a lot of 10+ year enthusiasts are really excited about a new era of the Caselabs dynasty...and we will always appreciate the keatings for their incredible work.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Not funny. I've been looking for a part for about 1.5 years, there were a couple of options to buy another case with the right part, but why would I need another case, big expenses for transportation and customs, another option was in Germany, but at a part price of 20 EUR, transportation cost another +70 EUR, and the color was not the one I needed. I'm wondering how you will implement the painting of housings and parts, will the paint and color options remain the same?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not funny. I've been looking for a part for about 1.5 years, there were a couple of options to buy another case with the right part, but why would I need another case, big expenses for transportation and customs, another option was in Germany, but at a part price of 20 EUR, transportation cost another +70 EUR, and the color was not the one I needed. I'm wondering how you will implement the painting of housings and parts, will the paint and color options remain the same?
What part are you looking for?

25381 - 25400 of 25428 Posts