Overclock.net banner
25401 - 25420 of 25428 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, my plan is to offer the cases on an international market. The cases and accessories won't be exclusive to a single region like the US or Europe (I'm based in Sweden by the way). Shipping to the states might add on another $100 USD to the purchase price, but hopefully I'll find a serious retailer in the US that can carry some inventory so things will be somewhat cheaper.

Thank you! Plan is to offer everything at once, just like the "old" days. It depends a lot on what designs I get and what AMADA can convert from the FabriWin format. As far as I know the designs will be in a flat state without the bends, so me and the manufacturer has to figure out where we have to bend the material. But we'll tackle that when we get there.
Haven't been on OCN for 6 years. Had to come back because I was so happy to hear that Caselabs was coming back. I wasn't able to get a S3 back when I wanted to, because at the time I was building carry-on SFF for uni. Those days are finally behind me, as are the days of SFF as my main PC - would love to pick up a S3 with an extended top.

Do you have a very rough idea of how long it might be before you're looking at starting manufacturing for complete cases? Helps me plan a little.

Mad respect for all the work you've done/are doing/will be doing. No easy task. I don't care how long it takes, the S3 has been a dream of mine for the past 7 years :LOL: 7 years later I'm still kicking myself over the choices I made

·
Registered
58 Posts
A friend purchased an STH10 in which there are not enough parts and is looking for a panel assembly with power and reset buttons with USB ports, maybe someone has for sale?

·
Registered
1 Posts
M-oll,

I joined up because I am ecstatic at what you're doing, and I have a little bit of help to offer if it's useful. Short story time:

I saved up for an SMA8 years ago, but I wanted it in white that wasn't available, so I was waiting for it, then they went out of business. During my wait though, I contemplated getting the case in any color, and having it powder coated locally for the white color, BUT! I wanted it authentic. So I emailed caselabs at the time and asked the paint code, I imagine you probably know the paint codes already, but it doesn't hurt to add if you don't. The email response I got stated the white was WH-120 from Cardinal. I don't know the other codes, but Cardinal is a pretty good place to start. Maybe they previously ordered bulk from Cardinal, and they might have records of paint colors caselabs use to order.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
M-oll,

I joined up because I am ecstatic at what you're doing, and I have a little bit of help to offer if it's useful. Short story time:

I saved up for an SMA8 years ago, but I wanted it in white that wasn't available, so I was waiting for it, then they went out of business. During my wait though, I contemplated getting the case in any color, and having it powder coated locally for the white color, BUT! I wanted it authentic. So I emailed caselabs at the time and asked the paint code, I imagine you probably know the paint codes already, but it doesn't hurt to add if you don't. The email response I got stated the white was WH-120 from Cardinal. I don't know the other codes, but Cardinal is a pretty good place to start. Maybe they previously ordered bulk from Cardinal, and they might have records of paint colors caselabs use to order.

I hope this helps.
Paint codes for all Caselabs colours
Black - Cardinal paint BK59

White - Cardinal Textured White Semi-Gloss C031-WH120

Gunmetal - Prismatic Powders River Stone PTB-2614

Blue - Prismatic Powders Rainbow Blue EWS0531

Red - Cardinal Industrial Finishes T241-RD129 Red Texture

·
WaterCooler in training
94 Posts
Do you have a very rough idea of how long it might be before you're looking at starting manufacturing for complete cases? Helps me plan a little.
We're aiming for as soon as possible. I haven't recieved the USB-drive with the blueprints/drawings yet. Rough estimate is sometime betweem November 2021 and July 2022. It all depends on when the USB-drive arrives, if it is possible to convert the FabriWin-files to .dxf-files and how long it will take and after that how long it will take for me and my manufacturers to set up production (mostly getting the bends/folds correct).

What I can promise is that I'll keep you all updated on how it all progresses so you know when we're finally back in business for real.

M-oll,

I hope this helps.
Thank you! Apologies for not getting back to you soooner (hectic work week at my regular job) but thankfully @Shawnb99 were able to help you.

·
Petrolhead
196 Posts
I can´t wait to see the Caselabs cases again! I am prepared to update my rig but now, with this new, I will wait until Caselabs is on fire again.

M-oll, many thanks for the updates! They are very well received!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
It will be interesting to see the battle of old vs new. Classic CaseLabs style builds alongside more modern open case and external radiator builds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Haven't been on OCN for 6 years. Had to come back because I was so happy to hear that Caselabs was coming back. I wasn't able to get a S3 back when I wanted to, because at the time I was building carry-on SFF for uni. Those days are finally behind me, as are the days of SFF as my main PC - would love to pick up a S3 with an extended top.

Mad respect for all the work you've done/are doing/will be doing. No easy task. I don't care how long it takes, the S3 has been a dream of mine for the past 7 years :LOL: 7 years later I'm still kicking myself over the choices I made
Ain't no sauz hotter than tabascosauz! :p

I'm refurbing vacuuming wiping cleaning up my Mercury S8 two-tone black/gunmetal testbench for the Z790 Epiphenomenal Raptor Bench build for next year.

So many Wooots!

It's gonna be Epi-Phenomenal!

Already running ddr4 5866Mhz CL 21 daily with the Z590 Rocket Bench, and just purchased the Nvidia RTX A2000 workstation graphics card will be here next week, wooooooo!

Moving back into a CaseLabs will be a pure joy! 😀

Electronic instrument Audio equipment Grille Automotive tire Loudspeaker

Computer keyboard Electronic instrument Toy Audio equipment Personal computer

Blue Product Azure Font Screenshot

·
Registered
782 Posts
M-oll,

Will you all have the same pre-order business model as CL? Curious to know a bit more about the manufactures capabilities from a production standpoint. I can see a swarm of business coming your way at the onset and would love to hear about what you will quote your starting lead times to be. I understand that right now logistics are a nightmare and that will add to the time.

Thx

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Ain't no sauz hotter than tabascosauz! :p

I'm refurbing vacuuming wiping cleaning up my Mercury S8 two-tone black/gunmetal testbench for the Z790 Epiphenomenal Raptor Bench build for next year.

So many Wooots!

It's gonna be Epi-Phenomenal!

Already running ddr4 5866Mhz CL 21 daily with the Z590 Rocket Bench, and just purchased the Nvidia RTX A2000 workstation graphics card will be here next week, wooooooo!

Moving back into a CaseLabs will be a pure joy! 😀

View attachment 2528328
View attachment 2528329

View attachment 2528330
Home appliance Output device Automotive design Office equipment Grille

Is that a baby radiator?

Attachments

·
WaterCooler in training
94 Posts
M-oll,

Will you all have the same pre-order business model as CL? Curious to know a bit more about the manufactures capabilities from a production standpoint. I can see a swarm of business coming your way at the onset and would love to hear about what you will quote your starting lead times to be. I understand that right now logistics are a nightmare and that will add to the time.

Thx
At the moment I think the same pre-order business model as CL is the way to go. But we're discussing improvements in all steps of the process:
1. We're looking into other financing options, like monthly installments, so our customers don't have to put up a lot of cash up front and have to wait 4-8 weeks to get their order.
2. We've also discussed some kind of model of group buying, like having a cut-off point on orders at the end of each month so that our manufacturer have a bulk order to process instead of producing one single item each time it is ordered.
3. We're also looking into building up a small inventory of often purchased items so that those can be shipped as soon as they are ordered.

As for direct lead times I can't give an exact time right now, I can't even estimate one, since I don't have the drawings/blueprints yet. Once I have them my manufacturer will be able to estimate lead times on both individual parts and complete cases. I'll make sure to get that information out as soon as I know something but rest assured that we're working on minimizing lead times as much as possible.

·
Registered
68 Posts
View attachment 2528358

Is that a baby radiator?
Yes it's a Hardware Labs SR2 120 Multiport. Low fin density 9FPI for silent builds. :)

Have this tiny little workstation graphics card on it's way, the one on the lower left in this pic below. Just hope I can get that fan under control with MSI Afterburner software. Could always open it up and run the fan cable directly to the AquaComputer Aquaero 6 LT but, who wants a wire dangling from a simple little graphics card that requires no pwr cable...

Some of the graphics cards in this photo are extremely expensive - I got the EL Cheapo baby card, it will blend well with the baby radiator, lol :ROFLMAO:

Product Flash photography Gadget Camera accessory Cameras & optics

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'd also be interested to know if the X2M was in those caselabs build files... I'd probably sell my S3 or BH4 if I could get a X2M....

·
Registered
48 Posts

Same here, I stopped coming here when CaseLabs went under. All my interest in building a new PC kind of drained out of me but I've kept somewhat up to date on what's happening in the PC world but now I am definitely going to focus on buying a CaseLabs case when they become available again. I was hoping for this news and here it is!

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Some of the (possibly heavier gauge?) parts I got from Case Labs had what I'll call stress fractures on the bends.
Maybe others never had this problem; truthfully I never saw anyone else talk about it and i kept my own council and tried to work with Case Labs.
So were bends made before or after powder coating? I have zip personal experience with powder coating but either way it looks like stress fractures down the seam of the bends here and there.
These did not manifest on the thin slotted pieces or the main case structure, pedestal sides, etc but on side mounts and the platform.
When I did a double reverse-atx build with the SM8 (think mobo in front and rear of mobo facing up) I built a new back wall section out of .090 5052 sheet of aluminum and had no bend fractures, but it was not powder coated either.
Whatever the cause or how little or how widespread it was I just offer this to the new Owners as something to look for and avoid.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Some of the (possibly heavier gauge?) parts I got from Case Labs had what I'll call stress fractures on the bends.
Maybe others never had this problem; truthfully I never saw anyone else talk about it and i kept my own council and tried to work with Case Labs.
So were bends made before or after powder coating? I have zip personal experience with powder coating but either way it looks like stress fractures down the seam of the bends here and there.
These did not manifest on the thin slotted pieces or the main case structure, pedestal sides, etc but on side mounts and the platform.
When I did a double reverse-atx build with the SM8 (think mobo in front and rear of mobo facing up) I built a new back wall section out of .090 5052 sheet of aluminum and had no bend fractures, but it was not powder coated either.
Whatever the cause or how little or how widespread it was I just offer this to the new Owners as something to look for and avoid.
Can you post some pictures of the issue you describe?

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Can you post some pictures of the issue you describe?
Sure. Right now, I'm sitting in bed with the flu but I think the one side mount I have left is chopped a little and in my shop. I'll try to get out there today if I can quit coughing long enough to take a pic or two as it's the worst example I can think of.
Man, old age and flu don't work too well for me!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Sure. Right now, I'm sitting in bed with the flu but I think the one side mount I have left is chopped a little and in my shop. I'll try to get out there today if I can quit coughing long enough to take a pic or two as it's the worst example I can think of.
Man, old age and flu don't work too well for me!
No rush. Whenever you’re able.

25401 - 25420 of 25428 Posts