Overclock.net banner
8421 - 8440 of 8473 Posts

·
Broken
427 Posts
mnpctech do loads of stuff that might help. and I know they have done vengeance case mods before so might even sell front panels pre made

if your into playing about yourself then buy "modders mesh" which lots of places sell, and whilst some places call it modders mesh its just a specific size of commonly available mesh

if you prefer a soft mesh rather than a hard metal one then hot glue insect mesh down one side, pull tight and hot glued on the other side whilst under tension.... you can get many different grades of mesh and often they come in different colours, black anodised small hole mesh is one of the best metal types but also one of the most difficult to cut and most expensive ....

you also might be able to get pre customised options from other mod shops in a variety of colours its all about how much you want to spend and the final look your going for

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USlatin View Post

Where can I get the mesh to do this to the front of my C70?
It's the hexagonal modder's mesh from mnpctech.com. I signed up through email to be alerted when they got more stock and ended up waiting probably close to two and a half months.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
So did you get a new hexagonal filter as well? Where from? Cause I shamelessly want to copy-cat the F outta that!
biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

Honestly, that is exactly what I need. I got a 4 drive bay for the 3x5.25" slots, and every tray will be populated with HDDs. There isn't anything out there that matches, and I don't want my rig to look like Frankenstein. I am not even a modder... just don't want it to look thrown together. Wish I could buy the front panel finished from someone....... hint-hint
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
872 Posts
Quote:

So did you get a new hexagonal filter as well? Where from? Cause I shamelessly want to copy-cat the F outta that!
biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

Honestly, that is exactly what I need. I got a 4 drive bay for the 3x5.25" slots, and every tray will be populated with HDDs. There isn't anything out there that matches, and I don't want my rig to look like Frankenstein. I am not even a modder... just don't want it to look thrown together. Wish I could buy the front panel finished from someone....... hint-hint
rolleyes.gif
I was going to get another one of those but then decided to get a NAS instead

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
So I got that Rosewill RSV-Cage for slightly under $15.

It looks fine from the outside, especially with this nice looking filter I got from Ebay for a couple of bucks. I used 3mm foam on either side of the fan (between filter and fan, and between fan and tray) to minimize wind noise. I also taped the holes on the tray to direct all the airflow though the drives.

I might paint it green at some point but it seems like it will look alright... I gotta cut the 5.25" metal lips out before I get to slide it into place, might do that tomorrow.

The worst part of the cage is the way the plastic HDD holders clip onto the HDDs. They have rubber mounts that are kinda ****ty at first, but once you get them in and out a few times you can manage to use them without any problem at all, and it is all tight and secure enough.

The best part is that the way the four full size HDDs are spaced out inside leaves all of the remaining empty space on one end, which should make it a breeze to add an SSD in there, which is what I was hoping for.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteskymage View Post

Hey guys,

I have decided to watercool whatever GPU I will be upgrading to this month or next one. So, I have an Open loop liquid cooler, the one that Linus reviewed a couple of years ago on NCIX - the Swiftech H240X.
I am thinking about changing ALL the fittings and the tubing on that cooler, because I will need to buy a 240mm radiator to fit on the front of my C70 Vengeance case, and I am not a fan of using barb fittings to be honest...
My only questions are:
FIRST - will the MCP30 pump be enough to hold 2 more components (a radiator and a GPU)?
SECOND - how do you suggest I change this fitting circled in RED (look down on the attached image)? Do you think I can put a G1/4 fitting there?

Also, here is what my plan looks like for expanding my H240X:
Hey man! You're lucky I happened to stop back on here b/c I was bored this evening.

I've got the first H240-X that was put on the market. It's been running since 2014. (PC off when not in use) The pump supports my loop fine. I have the CPU and a pair of full water-block Radeon 7970 GPUs along with an additional 120 radiator. I did plumb the GPUs in parallel for reduced resistance to flow (less backpressure) and my radiators are both mounted horizontally for the same purpose (not having to fight gravity to get the coolant thru the rads)

On my build I used rigid acrylic tubing and mounted a coupling directly to the radiator reservoir. I used the adapter from Swiftech for the pump outlet and a fitting to mate to the rigid tubing. I removed the swivel fitting that you've indicated in red that you want to replace and used it instead of the plug on the fill port of the reservoir so I could remotely fill the system from outside the case. If I'm thinking clearly, this affirms that in either case, the fittings are G1/4.

See if this helps at all:
http://www.overclock.net/g/a/836050/rig-photos/
http://www.overclock.net/g/a/1256666/swiftech-h240-x-cooler/

LL

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotm View Post

just needs some paint on that grill cover and maybe some led's to fill the 4 holes on the front of it XD
Those holes are sadly functional. The front comes off with the fan screwed onto it, with the freakin filter in between... it is a lot of work to clean the filter..., but can't beat the price.

Does anyone know what's the cheapest way to get that front painted with the right color?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:

biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

rolleyes.gif
oh you don't want mine, it's not done well enough to be sold lol. And the dust filter can be ordered straight from Corsair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally able to post here. Build is essentially complete, except for maybe cablemods pro series cables.

Maximus hero x z370
8700k @5ghz
1080ti x 2
EVGA high bandwidth bridge
Dominator platinum 4x4g 4000mhz
Corsair rm850i
Samsung 850 Evo ssds x 2
Samsung 960 evo m.2
WD black 3tb
Ekwb 360mm SE + 240mm rad
Singularity computers protium res
Ekwb 1080ti blocks and Backplates
Ekwb supremacy evo cpu block
Ekwb fittings and adapters
12mm i diameter 16mm o tubing
Corsair ml 120 White led fans x 6
Cablemod white and black cables
Jmmod cable combs

The 360mm went in up top fine, just needed to take the rivets out of the metal bar and remove it.
The 240mm was another story...I had to dremel out the top metal indent from the Optical Bay and dremel out the indents/knob things on the bottom as well. Miraculously it fit, and I was only able to line the bottom 4 screw holes. 4 holes was plenty.

Better quality photos here.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaCWsBr

·
GFX enthusiast
682 Posts
Hi guys.
Do you know if the Phanteks PH-TC14PE will fit in the Corsair Vengeance C70 with the side panel on ?

·
Broken
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaggins View Post

I would think it should (should is the key word there)
Looks like it won't fit by 1mm (due to the fans on the cooler)

nothing a quick application of a file on the edge of the fan case couldn't fix (in theory at least)

best bet would be to order one from amazon or similar outlet that permits returns and try it out (dont fit it properly, leave the plastic on it and just mount it into the case and see if the side fits on) your case might have a millimetre or more of difference (tolerance in case size is often a couple of mils) from the stated specs

and if its not suitable then send it back,

or if your happy to butcher a fan to make it fit then it might be worthwhile trying it with a different fan that you already own (assuming you already have some other fans) and see if you can engineer a solution to the fit problem yourself though a dash of diy without touching the cooler hardware directly, its possible you wont be able to but trying it out will give you the definitive answer to that question...

either way your only missing out on time

·
GFX enthusiast
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaggins View Post

I would think it should (should is the key word there)
Looks like it won't fit by 1mm (due to the fans on the cooler)

Yea that's correct. However I can see the tower is 160mm tall and the fan clips allow for the fans to be adjusted just a tad lower, so I think it will be possible to get it down to around 168mm total height. I'll take the shot at it - I was looking at the Cryorig R1 Ultimate also, but it doesn't support fan adjusting as well as the Phanteks.

8421 - 8440 of 8473 Posts