Overclock.net banner
8441 - 8460 of 8473 Posts

·
GFX enthusiast
682 Posts
So I got my old Phanteks PH-TC12DX upgraded to it's bigger brother Phanteks PH-TC14PE. Most people have told me that the CPU cooler would not fit in the Corsair Vengance 70 with closed side panel without some modification! Well they've been proven wrong
tongue.gif
. It is a tight fit and there is 1mm clearance between the front cpu fan and 1mm clearance between the acrylic side window and the front CPU fan. If I had ram with no heatspreaders, I would probably have 2-3mm clearance to the side window. However luckily the Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 ram are curved in the middle of the heatspreader hereby making it all possible
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: Tobitigger

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts
What is the possibility that a user on here would buy a used, modified, C70?

I'll throw it up on my local online classifieds for cheap regardless. However, i'm just curious if users, either than owners, are still browsing this thread. I rather not scrap it but i'll have no use for it.

For reference, here is an old picture of it

Painted Desert Sand, inside and out, dremelled out some interior frame to support a 360mm rad uptop. Custom faceplate for "Stealth" NZXT Hue controller.

·
PC Cannibal
10,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughtahouse View Post

What is the possibility that a user on here would buy a used, modified, C70?

I'll throw it up on my local online classifieds for cheap regardless. However, i'm just curious if users, either than owners, are still browsing this thread. I rather not scrap it but i'll have no use for it.

For reference, here is an old picture of it

Painted Desert Sand, inside and out, dremelled out some interior frame to support a 360mm rad uptop. Custom faceplate for "Stealth" NZXT Hue controller.
Depends how much you're asking, I know I won't sell my R-ATX C70 but that's sentimental more than anything

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts
I'd probably post it for $70. It also has an acrylic window that I made, which I forgot to mention.

It has a lot of sentimental value for me since it was my first build and I really modified it as I saw fit. However, I plan on making some adjustments to my rig in 2018 and a small case is something I've had my eye on. I just don't want it to collect dust in the closet...

Found an old image from when I painted it
smile.gif

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just picked up one these cases, open box, from Micro Center really cheap. It had some scratches and I wanted to touch it up. I got a can of Krylon from a local auto parts store. It was color number 4293, which is an Olive Green. It's a horrible match, leading me to do more research. By horrible, it's much too light of a green, sort of a watered down look, and the flat is, well, too flat. The case is somewhat glossy.

I thought this C70 green was some sort of Olive Drab, and thought it must match some military color. There are lots of web sites and forums where people are debating the proper paint colors for military vehicles and things and how colors have changed over time. It's all very confusing and I wasn't sure which color would be correct, even after weeks of on and off searching. Here are some color codes for what I thought might be correct: 319, 23070, 24087, 34087, but it's hard to tell from a picture on the internet.

Finally recently I saw that there is a guy selling small military paint samples on ebay so I bought a set. These came in yesterday. And the best match I can find is....
24052 USMC Forest Green
It's a semi-gloss, used from WWII to the present. It seems like an exact match from the sample.

It's not an Olive Drab (OD) color after all. No wonder I had a hard time figuring it out by searching online. I was going down the wrong path.

It seems exact from the paint sample so I just bought a can of spray paint. Shipping will take a while for spray paint, it can't be air shipped.
It's not cheap, but I hate the color I painted part of the case and one side panel now. I can't leave it like this.

ebay item numbers for paint samples and paint:

No, I'm not the seller.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried to use the EVGA CLC 280 AIO in this case yet? I noticed its not on the PC Part Picker compatibility list, but the 120 is. I was looking at upgrading to that cooler from my older Corsair H80i, and I've got a friend who also has this case saying he was told it won't work. Thing is, he was also told that almost nothing that isn't corsair will fit, which I know to be total bull, so I'm skeptical, but want to find out for sure before I buy a CPU cooler I can't mount.
Did you ever find an answer to this?I'[m deciding between the CLC and the H115i V2. Thanks.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts
I just picked up one these cases, open box, from Micro Center really cheap. It had some scratches and I wanted to touch it up. I got a can of Krylon from a local auto parts store. It was color number 4293, which is an Olive Green. It's a horrible match, leading me to do more research. By horrible, it's much too light of a green, sort of a watered down look, and the flat is, well, too flat. The case is somewhat glossy.

I thought this C70 green was some sort of Olive Drab, and thought it must match some military color. There are lots of web sites and forums where people are debating the proper paint colors for military vehicles and things and how colors have changed over time. It's all very confusing and I wasn't sure which color would be correct, even after weeks of on and off searching. Here are some color codes for what I thought might be correct: 319, 23070, 24087, 34087, but it's hard to tell from a picture on the internet.

Finally recently I saw that there is a guy selling small military paint samples on ebay so I bought a set. These came in yesterday. And the best match I can find is....
24052 USMC Forest Green
It's a semi-gloss, used from WWII to the present. It seems like an exact match from the sample.

It's not an Olive Drab (OD) color after all. No wonder I had a hard time figuring it out by searching online. I was going down the wrong path.

It seems exact from the paint sample so I just bought a can of spray paint. Shipping will take a while for spray paint, it can't be air shipped.
It's not cheap, but I hate the color I painted part of the case and one side panel now. I can't leave it like this.

ebay item numbers for paint samples and paint:

No, I'm not the seller.
Thanks for sharing that information! I didn't make such a detailed discovery, but I was trying to paint the shroud of my GTX 780 to match the case and came to the same conclusion. The spray paint I used ended up being much brighter in comparison, as well as not matching the surface finish. However, I came to expect that as I purchased a matte spray paint.

Link here https://www.overclock.net/forum/21126156-post7.html

What I ended up doing was painting the entire case and redoing the video card shroud as well. Hated the mismatch too... :)

Sadly, this was some time ago and now my case sits in a metal yard somewhere...

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts
So I bought this case back. Time to build a seriously awesome new rig! Thinking the NZXT N7 Z370 Nuka Cola edition. If I ever can get my hands on one. Any tips?
Woah, there is a Fallout Themed motherboard? That's awesome!

Well, there is plenty of material to work with if you use the Nuka Cola branding. Everything Retro 50's & Space age works as well distressing the case in any way. If you can let the case obtain some patina through some chemical reactions, that would probably tie it all together.

Endless possibilities there!

·
PC Cannibal
10,301 Posts
I really wish Corsair would revive the C70 case, at least give us a TG window and an updated front i/o w/ a type C connector. But of course I hope to get into my storage unit so I can pull my Rev.C70 and M8 out and clean them up and do builds in both.

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late to the party!!! Corsair c70 with external 280mm rad on top 120mm rad on back and about 1/2 gallon of fluid. Bitspower fittings, hardware labs black ice rads, ek waterblock, ek cryo fuel acid green.

Attachments

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts
If you search local ads, you can find them. Some of them are apart of builds, some arent. I found a Green & Black one in Canada from locals. Depending where you are, I think you can hunt one down.

If you had messaged me a year ago, I'd of gave you mine. It was painted (Sand Camo) but I had no space for it and had to scrap it. Now it's probably a coke can or two lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking for gunmetal black corsair vengeance C70

Hello i'm a gamer looking to build a new PC in 2019, im looking for something portable in particular (for LAN parties) and if anyone can direct me to where i can get the gunmetal black version of the corsair vengeance C70 for under $150 that would be wonderful i've been looking into getting this case for about 6 months now and i cant find one on any other site than Corsair directly and i think there overcharging for the case i would be willing to buy one second hand as long as it's in decent condition. Here is my contact Email if anyone has any information for me at all that would be great: [email protected] P.S. actually cant even get it through corsair directly so i cant get it period

8441 - 8460 of 8473 Posts