Overclock.net banner
8461 - 8473 of 8473 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently had someone break into my house and steal my beloved C70 case. I am trying to build a new PC and I HATE all the current options, does anyone want to sell their case by chance? Send me a PM if you are interested in selling.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The C70 was a great case. Not very small not very big. The perfect size. A 2020 Corsair C70 edition must have:

A PSU Cover that can support also 3 HDD 3.5" on the right side.
A Tempered glass window
A better roof to support more radiators

Let's hope soon to see a modern edition because the last years Corsair has some very ugly cases on the market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hep! Just joined the forum because if anybody can help me it's you guys.

So my stepson is graduating here soon and i'm building him a system. After weeks of looking for the perfect case i found a "brand new" Corsair C70 on craiglist. Dude bought it and never used it. Everything still in packages. But.. Somehow the reset button (the one on the right) got bumped free and lost. My stepson plans on enlisting in the services and would love it.
Time is running out and if anybody has one or can point me to someplace to buy one i'd appreciate it..and pay..lol..

·
PC Cannibal
10,301 Posts

So my stepson is graduating here soon and i'm building him a system. After weeks of looking for the perfect case i found a "brand new" Corsair C70 on craiglist. Dude bought it and never used it. Everything still in packages. But.. Somehow the reset button (the one on the right) got bumped free and lost. My stepson plans on enlisting in the services and would love it.
Time is running out and if anybody has one or can point me to someplace to buy one i'd appreciate it..and pay..lol..
I would send an email to Corsair or Bill Owen (at MNPCTech), either route would be your best bet for parts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here we are nearly halfway through 2020 and still no C70 update and it's impossible to find anywhere in Europe :(
It's hard to improve on perfection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I still have mine, busy with a budget Ryzen build, so far found a RM750x with no cables for $20, Crosshair VI Extreme for $85, R5 1500X $30, and have an old r9 390 I bought broken and repaired for $15. I'm a student so money is tight but making it work. I've had my c70 since the year it was release and got it on sale. Literally the best thing I could keep from my old 2500k build since it supports EATX so nicely.

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts

Are you missing the whole button or just the flap?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my C70 in 2012 and haven't updated my build from back then (i5-3570, 16GB-ram, GTX770) for a long time (except upgrading to a Samsung SSD). It was definitely up for 2019, but I had no time and then thought 2020 must be the year, so well...yeah.
After around 27 days of continuously watching and participating in Newegg Shuffle I finally "won" a RTX3080 Gaming from Gigabyte (still paid those guys a grand for it) and then thought why not modding my case for watercooling? I wanted to do a hardline test run without the graphics card first because I am new to both overclocking and watercooling and I am scared to death about opening up that crazy-expensive and unavailable graphics card. And of course I wanted RGB where I have absolute zero experience as well. Should be easy, right?
I read up a lot on rigging the C70 for watercooling, especially on this forum and elsewhere and figured out I could place a 280mm on top (Corsair XR5), which "kind of" fit in and with minimal modding by adding some extended screw holes, I was able to put a EK-CoolStream Classic PE 240mm radiator on the front. After watching loads of online videos, cursing and 2 meters of badly bent tubing, I finally managed to get some not-so-bad tubing out (please do not look too close to that tubing installed) and had my CPU loop ready. For a 10 year old case not at all bad, plus it looks really cool when dark. Setting is traditional and non-experimental: front is intake and top is exhaust airflow setting:

IMG_6513 (2).jpg

Now I am really stoked to cool the RTX, which is tricky because the Gigabyte is so long. But if I can get a neat block I could set the pump a bit back and add Push/Pull on the front 240mm. I also have an idea on how to add another 140mm to the floor of the case for additional air influx. It needs some more sleeved cables for my SSD bay on the upper front and I need to order cable management a bit on the bottom.
Unfortunately I bought the wrong RAM because I am an idiot and went for cheap sticks on Newegg without checking the mobo QVL (I have 2x16GB CWM32GX4M2E3200C16 from Corsair which aren't on the list) and now XMP does not work and the sticks run on 2133. I guess I need to figure out how to set this manually and if it works that way.
I will update this once I got the block and bend together another, better looking loop, but for now this is it.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts
The C70 lives on! For your XMP, sometimes enabling "gear down" may help.

I had to get rid of my C70 due to its size and my frequent moves but it was an excellent case. The handles sure made it easy to move.

Glad to see people are still making builds with these puppies. I'm sure it will be revived one day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to check that option out!

I hope Corsair makes an updated version which is similarly set up. Doesn't need much, expand top section for 360/420mm rads and do the same on the front. Keep everything else the same with maybe an optional PSU shroud, bigger side window and maybe some side mounting vent option towards the back panel.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,591 Posts
You can fit a 360mm rad up top with little effort. There will be a little restriction because the case vents are not designed for 360mm but it’s feasible :)

Yea, native 360 top and front be nice IMO :) A shroud and tempered glass panel… plus all the original style buttons and handles… It will be perfect :)

8461 - 8473 of 8473 Posts