Overclock.net banner

6041 - 6060 of 6060 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem to me with the Soundblaster Z.
I've had my card since release and it's been fine, up until a few months ago when I upgraded my ageing Asus motherboard and Sandybridge CPU to an AMD 3700x with a X570 motherboard.
I use the card exclusively in headphone mode without any SBX enabled.

Every now and then when I'm gaming, (4 different games so far) the sound channels get all messed up, like they drifted over to the right. Or things happening in front of me sound like they are behind me.
I'm having to open the creative control panel and switch from headphones to speakers, to headphones again to reset this behaviour.

I'm currently on the latest Sound Blaster Z drivers from the creative site.
Motherboard chipset is up to date.

Thanks!
Me too...
No solution can been found, because of PCI-E 4.0
I just can force to use PCI-E 3.0 and change the Audio channel to 16bit, 44000Hz to delay the problem
May be we need to wait Creative to give us the latest driver to fix the problem or buy a new card
Now When I'm gaming, I change it to display audio output

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have given up on my ZxR. I've tried everything to get this thing working and after 10 months I quit.

Problems from channel swapping to sound cutting out regardless of the source.

I've corresponded with Creative support on numerous occasions and nothing they have suggested has worked. I've been given 4 different registry patches that do nothing.

I've since bought a Creative AE-9 and it actually works as intended.

Here is a copy/paste of the last Creative support email I received, I have underlined the most important statement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)
Jan 7, 13:52 +08

Dear Jaime

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

There is a possibility of the sound not working properly for playback using the encoders on the Sound Blaster ZxR.

We will try our best to help with the issue.

There is another registry patch that you can try.

Installing it will overwrite the previous registry patch.

Uninstalling the driver and the applications of the Sound Blaster ZxR will uninstall the registry patch.

It is recommended to use the registry patch with HPET on Windows enabled.

To enable HPET on Windows, run Command Prompt as an Administrator, enter the command "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" and restart the computer.

If enabling HPET on Windows does not help, the customer can try to disable it by running Command Prompt as an Administrator, enter the command "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock" and restart the computer.

Some users have feedback that reducing the speed of the ram to 2400MHz or 2133MHz helps.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email and we will get back to you.

Regards,
xxxxx
Creative Labs Pte Ltd
Worldwide Customer Response

Thank you.
Attachment(s)
Patch_110200xx_H10_modified 2.zip
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it.

Jaime G

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have given up on my ZxR. I've tried everything to get this thing working and after 10 months I quit.

Problems from channel swapping to sound cutting out regardless of the source.

I've corresponded with Creative support on numerous occasions and nothing they have suggested has worked. I've been given 4 different registry patches that do nothing.

I've since bought a Creative AE-9 and it actually works as intended.

Here is a copy/paste of the last Creative support email I received, I have underlined the most important statement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)
Jan 7, 13:52 +08

Dear Jaime

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

There is a possibility of the sound not working properly for playback using the encoders on the Sound Blaster ZxR.

We will try our best to help with the issue.

There is another registry patch that you can try.

Installing it will overwrite the previous registry patch.

Uninstalling the driver and the applications of the Sound Blaster ZxR will uninstall the registry patch.

It is recommended to use the registry patch with HPET on Windows enabled.

To enable HPET on Windows, run Command Prompt as an Administrator, enter the command "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" and restart the computer.

If enabling HPET on Windows does not help, the customer can try to disable it by running Command Prompt as an Administrator, enter the command "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock" and restart the computer.

Some users have feedback that reducing the speed of the ram to 2400MHz or 2133MHz helps.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email and we will get back to you.

Regards,
xxxxx
Creative Labs Pte Ltd
Worldwide Customer Response

Thank you.
Attachment(s)
Patch_110200xx_H10_modified 2.zip
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it.

Jaime G
I'm sorry to hear you've had so many issues. I have had zero issues with my ZXR and it's been in two seperate PCs running on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. What does the underlined text mean exactly, and did it ever work for you before that? Mine is nearly seven years old so I was just wondering if there are signs it's nearing the end of its life like a graphics card has, and if that is applicable to this.

I was also looking at the AE-9 anyway and wondering if it sounds better than the ZXR because it's newer and has better specs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Am I going crazy or is the bass response better under Windows 10 v2004? Sound seems more full/ proper bass response.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,635 Posts
Am I going crazy or is the bass response better under Windows 10 v2004? Sound seems more full/ proper bass response.
Not sure. I have not got it yet, in fact the 2004 update has completely disappeared from my update list. There used to be a notice but that is also completely gone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just spoke(email) with Creative a few days ago, they did not offer me that modified_2.reg file, all they had me do was run a diagnostic tool and send them the zip file. And they can damn sure kiss my ass if they think I am gonna turn my brand new Teaam Group T-Force Extreem 3200 CL14 memory down to less than its 3200Mhz, and its quite possible that Creative is forcing this issue once again to bring us all to the AE soundcard table, break hardware and profit !

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,635 Posts
I upgraded to a new system, it's my first AMD build with a 3900X on a Aorus Elite Wifi MB. So far it is doing pretty decent.
But.
I have an issue with my Zx card. I get indication there is sound coming from it in the sound panels but no sound is coming out the speakers. When I switch to the optical port on the motherboard sound works just fine.
I have enabled "Play stereo mix to digital out" in the control panel and I ensure the sounblaster speakers is selected as my output device but still no sound.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I upgraded to a new system, it's my first AMD build with a 3900X on a Aorus Elite Wifi MB. So far it is doing pretty decent.
But.
I have an issue with my Zx card. I get indication there is sound coming from it in the sound panels but no sound is coming out the speakers. When I switch to the optical port on the motherboard sound works just fine.
I have enabled "Play stereo mix to digital out" in the control panel and I ensure the sounblaster speakers is selected as my output device but still no sound.

Any ideas?
I believe your windows volume mixer is set correctly, the next step you need to do is to go under the windows sound settings and change the output device correctly.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,635 Posts
I believe your windows volume mixer is set correctly, the next step you need to do is to go under the windows sound settings and change the output device correctly.
If you didn't notice I mention that in the last sentence before I ask for suggestions.... even though my grammar was horrid, it is there.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Do you see the level meter going up and down where you select the output device?

In some previous version of Windows 10, I noticed that you cannot disable the "Allow apps to access your microphone" privacy option if you want Dolby Digital Live or DTS encoding to work. You don't need to grant access to any specific program, but the global mic privacy option cannot be turned off.

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,635 Posts
Do you see the level meter going up and down where you select the output device?

In some previous version of Windows 10, I noticed that you cannot disable the "Allow apps to access your microphone" privacy option if you want Dolby Digital Live or DTS encoding to work. You don't need to grant access to any specific program, but the global mic privacy option cannot be turned off.
Yes, the level meter is moving up and down in relation to what might be heard over the speakers. I may try and look at that more once I get this new case in but for now I am using the onboard sound and it's not bad.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
If you didn't notice I mention that in the last sentence before I ask for suggestions.... even though my grammar was horrid, it is there.
Could you post a screenshot for all of your settings

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,635 Posts
Could you post a screenshot for all of your settings
What specific settings are you looking for?

In the SBX pro studio app there are like 8 tabs. In the Windows sound control panel there are several others.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
What specific settings are you looking for?

In the SBX pro studio app there are like 8 tabs. In the Windows sound control panel there are several others.
Just for the two sound output options

It should look like this

Attachments

·
Windows 10 Gamer
2,635 Posts
Just for the two sound output options

It should look like this
Yup, they look exactly like that, or at least looked like that. I have since uninstalled all the sound blaster stuff and removed the card from the system. Neither of those tabs would tell you much except for which I had selected for my output device. I did have the correct one selected but there was no sound coming out of the speakers. The graph was showing output signal but nothing whatsoever from the card. When I would switch back to the MB sound it worked perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Odd thing with my Creative Zx and Windows 2004, I can use Stereo Direct now without it cutting off when a game starts.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Where can we grab the most latest drivers for the Z ?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Where can we grab the most latest drivers for the Z

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
6041 - 6060 of 6060 Posts