Overclock.net banner

421 - 440 of 762 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
Hi,
Just checked with the 0.6 shim, bow looks like foundations bow
Might be better now on higher clocks I'll find out tomorrow sometime have to switch paste I'm out of hydronaut
nt-h1 or mx4 2019 probably just flip a coin.

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
Yeah those are about the same but still decent. I buy the mega tubes of the MX-4 and Kryonaut. I keep the MX-4 mostly when doing GPU blocks. Just a little dab along with the thermal pads. Too gooey for CPUs IMO.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
^^ exact same thing I do with my MX4 tube... for the last decade.

i suppose its a bit overkill to put drops of TIM on your fuji, but that's how we do.

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
^^ exact same thing I do with my MX4 tube... for the last decade.

i suppose its a bit overkill to put drops of TIM on your fuji, but that's how we do.
Yeah
I thought it was BS at first but it does make a difference. Especially on VRMS. Not like a massive dose, just a little baby dab.

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
Hi,
Have to add timm to fuji they don't stick to anything plus they crack under pressure not sure why anyone uses the overpriced crap pads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
EK Magnitude 3900X

Well I went from the EK Velocity full Nickel to a Magnitude Plexi on my 3900X and I can confirm the difference is very noticeable, on [email protected] I was getting 83.6 C with the Velocity, now with the Magnitude the temp is around 77.5 C going down to 75 C.

Here is my loop CFG:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
CPU Block: EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB.
Case: Define 7 XL.
Motherboard: X570 Aorus Master.
MB Block: EK-Quantum Momentum Chipset Aorus X570.
Radiator: EK-CoolStream CE 420.
Reservoir: HEATKILLER® Tube 200 DDC.
Pump: LAING DDC-1T Plus 12V 18W.
Graphic card: RX Vega 64.
GPU Block: EK-FC Radeon Vega.

Attachments

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
Hi,
Good EK got an amd block good :)

Modified sigV2 verses modified ek magnitude
Still sigV2 by 4c at 4.8 :thumb:

Attachments

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
Hi,
Good EK got an amd block good :)

Modified sigV2 verses modified ek magnitude
Still sigV2 by 4c at 4.8 :thumb:
Maybe you did a different/better mod on one over the other.

The world may never know. That’s what skupples was getting at about the grinder (albeit sandpaper and a razor and some rubbing compound)

They are different designs and your mods were different From my seat looking at your samples they both lose. Over any of my stock runs except the very first was about like that. I got better that 85C on the Heatkiller IV pro all run at 24C ambient. I have both bocks at a competitor martin within 1C.

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
Maybe you did a different/better mod on one over the other.

The world may never know. That’s what skupples was getting at about the grinder (albeit sandpaper and a razor and some rubbing compound)
Hi,
SigV2 is effortless to get working

This morning 5 mounts on the mag nickle no gains installed the 0.6 shim and even lapped the cold plate a little still no good barely could tell
Think it's just hits a thermal wall on blender opendata full just can't take the heat surge bottom line 90c guaranteed same goes for the acetal.

But yeah stick a fork in me I'm done for awhile so have fun :thumb:

A telling difference in our cooling systems is on your hwinfo screen shot Minimum column temps
You're 10c cooler then I am at core 0 lol this need to be tightened up it why you're temperatures are so much better than mine :D

Ordered some goodies for better ambient water

Picked up the last MO-RA3 360 PRO stainless steel (25022) they had for 150.us at sidewinders pc's going out of business sell
https://sidewindercomputers.com/coll...ss-steel-25022
No telling when it will show up ups I believe

Bought some other stuff from koolance more QDC's fedex

Amazon mayhems soft tubing/ fan extensions and pwm hubs and all said by April 28th cough cough that 4 weeks lol usps free shipping.

So really no telling when any of this stuff will show up.

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
From where I’m sitting a lower hot core is what it about. Yeah I can tighten the cold core up, by adding 200MHz to the and 500MV. That will flatten it right out and still have a hot core at the same point and 4 of 14 cores running at 5GHz and the other 10 at 4.8. That is a disadvantage isn’t it?

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
Hi,
No just shows poor contact in other places.

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
Hi,
SigV2 is effortless to get working

This morning 5 mounts on the mag nickle no gains installed the 0.6 shim and even lapped the cold plate a little still no good barely could tell
Think it's just hits a thermal wall on blender opendata full just can't take the heat surge bottom line 90c guaranteed same goes for the acetal.

But yeah stick a fork in me I'm done for awhile so have fun :thumb:

A telling difference in our cooling systems is on your hwinfo screen shot Minimum column temps
You're 10c cooler then I am at core 0 lol this need to be tightened up it why you're temperatures are so much better than mine :D

Ordered some goodies for better ambient water
The goodies won’t help. Lower your ambient. Mane your liquid temp in comparison to your ambient. All my magnitude results are on a single 480 rad and single D5. What’s you room ambient been? 30C?

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
Hi,
No 25.5c
Water has been 32c mostly max. at 4.8..

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
Hi,
No 25.5c
Water has been 32c mostly max. at 4.8..
thats only 1.5C Ambient over me. My water stays a little cooler on these CPU runs. It idles about 27C and tops our 29-30C. In never seen more than 32C but that’s when I’m slamming the crap out of the entire system including both GPUs. Maybe that MO RA will help. I’ve been giving that some though but I think before I did more rad space which I’m already in the stupid dept on that I’d rip out all of them, leave in Exhaust fans and go to a chiller, not to go below the dew point but maybe keep the coolant at ambient.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ryzen 9 3900X Water loop bled new numbers

Well I got all the air out of the loop and here are some new numbers plus pics of my system.

The temps are after running [email protected] for about 6 hrs with the water temp around 28c, so 12 cores running at 4.14Ghz and having the temp settling around 74c this is HUGE vs the velocity sitting around 83c with the same workload.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I might be tempted to try the Magnitude along with a flat cold plate........I got rid of my direct die frame and used the stock IHS + LM + Kryonaut with the Velocity (I sanded the jet plate to make it thinner) and it works so much better....I already have some cores running at 4.9 and temps are so much better.........I think I can hit 5.0Ghz on some cores with proper tuning......

They should offer the flat cold plate in the package though at this price......

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
I might be tempted to try the Magnitude along with a flat cold plate........I got rid of my direct die frame and used the stock IHS + LM + Kryonaut with the Velocity (I sanded the jet plate to make it thinner) and it works so much better....I already have some cores running at 4.9 and temps are so much better.........I think I can hit 5.0Ghz on some cores with proper tuning......

They should offer the flat cold plate in the package though at this price......
Hi,
You must not be in the USA :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you decide to pull the trigger I got mine from performance PCS they have a promo going on, I got mine for 178 shipped.

12% Off Any Order: FREETIME2020-12
15% Off Orders $150+: FREETIME2020-15
18% Off Orders $299+: FREETIME2020-18

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
If you decide to pull the trigger I got mine from performance PCS they have a promo going on, I got mine for 178 shipped.

12% Off Any Order: FREETIME2020-12
15% Off Orders $150+: FREETIME2020-15
18% Off Orders $299+: FREETIME2020-18
Hi,
You must not be in the USA :)
Hey I am not in the USA, I am in Greece.........however I just remembered that I buy without VAT (company purchase) so the price is 184 EUR......anyway I will play around with my current setup until I hit a wall.......

Initially I was excited with the magnitude thinking that it was concave and could be adjusted to my bare die (convex).......well the opposite.....I really wonder why those dies are not flat......Intel??????????

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
421 - 440 of 762 Posts