·
Surly Old Fart
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Surly Old Fart
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Running the current BIOS now I see a few people had some issues with it, what BIOS are most of you running?

·

13,201 Posts
I am running 1.10.

Here is what I am running settings wise:

Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Software

I see some ppl running 1.09 or even 1.07. Wondering if the old bios' are better than 1.10.

• Rep+
Reactions: iamjanco and z390e

·
Surly Old Fart
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw 1.10 has a memory profile for 8000Mhz I wonder if anyone here is running it, maybe someone like @Gadfly or @jomama22 who is pushing their RAM.

I don't have mine dialed in yet and am still dealing with some case issues, I want to put a RAM fan on before I move the whole rig to a full custom loop.

·
Still here...
6,619 Posts
I've got the board as well, but it's in a build that's a wip.
Product Blue Engineering Gas Computer hardware

• Rep+
Reactions: z390e

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Is EVGA finally leaving EU? The EU site is borked - GPU product pages throw access denied, the Z690 is not even listed on the website. Or are we getting the same story over and over - Z690 KP will drop in the EU when Z690 is superseded?

You don't have permission to access "http://eu.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?" on this server.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Is EVGA finally leaving EU? The EU site is borked - GPU product pages throw access denied, the Z690 is not even listed on the website. Or are we getting the same story over and over - Z690 KP will drop in the EU when Z690 is superseded?

You don't have permission to access "http://eu.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?" on this server.
An evga forum member bought one off their ebay store.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

It's up for me. Probably just maintenance.

·
Surly Old Fart
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
What are the big yellow capacitors for and why?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Audio section, improved audio output signal/filtering, maybe cause it just looks good on a "overengineered" pc part. :sneaky:
But the audio codec is an older one... weird :unsure:

·
Because I was inverted...
996 Posts
I saw 1.10 has a memory profile for 8000Mhz I wonder if anyone here is running it, maybe someone like @Gadfly or @jomama22 who is pushing their RAM.

I don't have mine dialed in yet and am still dealing with some case issues, I want to put a RAM fan on before I move the whole rig to a full custom loop.
not yet, ram has been on air. Highest I have run is 7200C32 1T; but it was stable.

If you want to run 7000+ you are going to want to water cool that memory.

·

13,201 Posts
VRM fan ramps up for a split second when you turn on the PC. I have heard it once very faintly one time while testing my memory overclocking.

• Rep+
Reactions: z390e

·
Surly Old Fart
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Has anyone used any of the profiles under EXTRAS?

·

13,201 Posts
I am using one. I started with kingpin 6800MHz hynix memory profile and adjusted from there.

• Rep+
Reactions: iamjanco and z390e

·
Surly Old Fart
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good to know, was also wondering if anyone has been disabling any of the board slots like the 2nd pci-e lane. Never have done something like that before but if I don't have anything in the slot it makes sense. I want to utilize as many features of the board as possible :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts