Overclock.net banner

[OFFICIAL] EVGA Dark K|NGP|N z690 Owners Thread

48700 Views 516 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  umea
341 - 360 of 517 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts

It saved to my Google Drive this morning when I clicked on the link on my iPhone XD. They couldn't stop us. I ported the file into the flash tool and renamed it appropriately. Please bare in mind it's a non-EVGA-official file so like, it's totally at one's own risk. I don't quite have time to test right now but let me know how it goes if you do.

Best person ever! Downloaded and will be flashing shortly.

· Registered
1,332 Posts

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Hash of the files are the same as well.
Ahh so 2.04 was ready but they just wanted to be sure sure. I’m going to remove my OneDrive file because it may as well be grabbed from EVGA’s site. I’m guessing you’ve already got it though.

· Surly Old Fart
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
BIOS 2.04 Updates
  • Improved memory overclock ability and performance
  • Added OC profile for Raptor Lake.
  • Added more VCore V/F points.

· Registered
312 Posts
BIOS 2.04 Updates
  • Improved memory overclock ability and performance
  • Added OC profile for Raptor Lake.
  • Added more VCore V/F points.

It seems the vcore adaptive offset now works. It ignores the voltage target voltage but if you offset the voltage it works. Haven't tested enough yet to know about the vf table portion. It's nice adaptive offset works though.

I'm still having issues getting anything over 7400 stable though.. I need to test more but, maybe my cpu sucks.

· Registered
312 Posts
So with me 7600 runs with SK-Hynix green A-Die. Was not possible before. Soon I will test the 8000.

Tell us all your settings you're using etc. or just a screenshot from hwinfo64 would be suffice. vr vout, vcore, vdd2, vids, all that juicy stuff. I need to compare because I'm about to dump cpu #2 if it's pointing towards the cpu. I just wonder if putting the memory under water will solve the issue too though?? I can boot to 8000 just not stable. No matter what voltages, memory timings etc. not stable...

I also noticed that my memory vdd and vddq are not training correctly anymore on this BIOS. On the previous BIOS 2.03 they would train 1.47 memory vdd / 1.38 memory vddq and that was stable at 7400MHz. On this BIOS the vddq trains 1.47vdd / 1.47vddq and that's not stable even at 7400mhz but, if I set memory vddq to what it was in previous BIOS it's stable... so 1.47vdd / 1.38vddq.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Tell us all your settings you're using etc. or just a screenshot from hwinfo64 would be suffice. vr vout, vcore, vdd2, vids, all that juicy stuff. I need to compare because I'm about to dump cpu #2 if it's pointing towards the cpu. I just wonder if putting the memory under water will solve the issue too though?? I can boot to 8000 just not stable. No matter what voltages, memory timings etc. not stable...

I also noticed that my memory vdd and vddq are not training correctly anymore on this BIOS. On the previous BIOS 2.03 they would train 1.47 memory vdd / 1.38 memory vddq and that was stable at 7400MHz. On this BIOS the vddq trains 1.47vdd / 1.47vddq and that's not stable even at 7400mhz but, if I set memory vddq to what it was in previous BIOS it's stable... so 1.47vdd / 1.38vddq.
They changed VDDQ training. I’m not sure what I’ll find as well.

· Surly Old Fart
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
People noting issues with this BIOS over on the EVGA Forums, quoting for those who only come here.

I found some bugs
1. The cpu temperature increases by 5 to 7 degrees at the same voltage (both idle and full load)
2. The ring ratio is fixed to 45. Fixed even if a lower or higher value was applied.
3. In the post process, it is often stuck without booting.

Memory overclocking had its advantages (relatively low voltage)
It seems that vdd and vdd2 are synchronized.

· Registered
312 Posts
People noting issues with this BIOS over on the EVGA Forums, quoting for those who only come here.

Fixed the ring issue sorta.. Switched back to per core usage limit instead of per core limit but it looks like I need to reset the BIOS though because it's still controlling it based off of per core instead of per core usage :ROFLMAO:

Computer Font Technology Electric blue Display device

Fixed that issue as well by resetting the cmos while powered on with the button on the IO panel and then choosing to utilize vcore manual setting instead of adaptive. The BIOS was corrupted a little it would seem thus it held onto the old settings no matter what until I cleared it. Now I can control the cores by usage again so they all clock up as you can see as well. Now I'll play with the ecores and ring again too.

Font Technology Display device Multimedia Screenshot

· Registered
312 Posts
Fixed it all the way now. Phew that was a lot. All that before I break it all down to add the memory to the loop and I'm going to reverse my loop direction as well to accommodate for memory in the loop now so it will get cooled last in order.

I now have full control of my pcores, ecores and ring speeds. I had to get the voltage set just right and the ecores finally started clocking up to 47 but if I set my vcore voltage to high they get stuck at 44 again *****. I had to set 1.32 manual core voltage override to get them to clock right. I notice that they have the ring cache flexing now instead of set though like it was in 2.03 I think but, that might be the way it's supposed to would be my guess.

Computer Font Technology Electric blue Display device

Also just for information I set the vdrop to +75 low. Haven't touched the memory yet.

· Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately on 2.04 if I change settings on Bios I get stuck on a 53, 54, 7F loop. Anyone having the same issue? I'm running a Z690 Dark Kingpin with 13900k, 32 GB Manta Xprism 7200 SK Hynix A-die and a Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC.
Will try moving back to 2.03.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Unfortunately on 2.04 if I change settings on Bios I get stuck on a 53, 54, 7F loop. Anyone having the same issue? I'm running a Z690 Dark Kingpin with 13900k, 32 GB Manta Xprism 7200 SK Hynix A-die and a Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC.
Will try moving back to 2.03.
The BIOS has a range of issues. I personally didn’t get that loop issue, but it happens to a lot of dudes. My issue is that somehow my PUMP FAN header now no longer controls the RPM, but sets a random locked % and runs that until you drain power upon which it selects a different value. Very weird. This is after changing back to 2.03. 2.03 now somehow no longer trains my old stable settings, but I suspect this has something to do with the TX value and ODT training. I’m gonna test 1.4 TX just now up from 1.35 before I tried the whole process of flashing 2.04, testing and now coming back. Such a weird situation. By this point I’m quite disappointed in EVGA.

· Registered
312 Posts
The BIOS has a range of issues. I personally didn’t get that loop issue, but it happens to a lot of dudes. My issue is that somehow my PUMP FAN header now no longer controls the RPM, but sets a random locked % and runs that until you drain power upon which it selects a different value. Very weird. This is after changing back to 2.03. 2.03 now somehow no longer trains my old stable settings, but I suspect this has something to do with the TX value and ODT training. I’m gonna test 1.4 TX just now up from 1.35 before I tried the whole process of flashing 2.04, testing and now coming back. Such a weird situation. By this point I’m quite disappointed in EVGA.
I ended up giving up on my 7600 memory. I'm returning them as I think the sticks are bad at this point. I put my 6400 kit back in. I'm back up and running. I'm still on 2.04 right now. I'm trained back up to 7000 1t again.

I can get 5.9GHz but just re-tuning everything on the new BIOS right now still. They tweaked the loadlines pretty good I noticed.

Computer Screenshot Font Software Electronic device

· Registered
1,332 Posts
I ended up giving up on my 7600 memory. I'm returning them as I think the sticks are bad at this point. I put my 6400 kit back in. I'm back up and running. I'm still on 2.04 right now. I'm trained back up to 7000 1t again.

I can get 5.9GHz but just re-tuning everything on the new BIOS right now still. They tweaked the loadlines pretty good I noticed.

View attachment 2586796
I’m really pissed. I rolled back and rolled forward again. On both 2.03 and 2.04 my PUMP FAN header (only 36W/3A header close to the socket) is now faulty. You can lock in static RPM values, and the board will decide on different values on different BIOSs and after draining power, but it no longer adjusts RPM dynamically. Other than that, when I shut down on certain occasions, the board will enter this weird state where the BIOS indicator and RAM lights disappear, and attempting a boot results in this odd loop of training codes like 16, 20 and 5F, and then you have to boot to safe mode or drain power and switch the PSU back on to get it back to normal. This 2.04 experiment basically permanently screwed my board. I thought rolling back to 2.03 would be no issue if I had a bad experience. I need to RMA but it’s going to be a problem given where I live. This is EVGA’s screw up, this BIOS was touted to be an official release. What a joke.

· Registered
6 Posts

View attachment 2586796
I noticed the same thing, if I swap back to my teamgroup t-force 6400, the PC just retrains the memory and it's up and running. With the 7200 A-die it's stuck in the 53, 54, 7F loop.

· Registered
10 Posts
so after a long Christmas shopping and bowling training weekend the 7600 test.
VDD 1.45
VDD2 1.45
VDDQ 1.35
VDDQ TX 1.35
SA Auto
Settings from the 7600 Corsair sticks.
Font Electronic device Screenshot Software Display device

341 - 360 of 517 Posts