Overclock.net banner

[OFFICIAL] EVGA Dark K|NGP|N z690 Owners Thread

48708 Views 517 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  Forsaken1
361 - 380 of 518 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
so after a long Christmas shopping and bowling training weekend the 7600 test.
VDD 1.45
VDD2 1.45
VDDQ 1.35
VDDQ TX 1.35
SA Auto
Settings from the 7600 Corsair sticks.
View attachment 2586857

I'm thinking my dark motherboard is the limit at this point. I swapped my 7600 sticks for 6800 sticks and I'm running the same speed as the 7600 could, 7400.. wish I had a better dark but, it's better then my 6800 max apex.........

Maybe I can get swapped up to the z790 dark if I'm lucky.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
I managed to figure out some stuff and sort out what I was experiencing, but I honestly cannot get anything stable on 2.04. The 7400 profile I used to have isn’t stable and everything else I try just keeps error’ing. A lot of the time I’m getting these bunched errors. Like 64 at a time.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
I realise now that over the last few days I’ve been expecting the world from EVGA. I want too much out of my 13700K and my cheap A-die on a platform that received support last-minute. I should’ve come to expect that I’d need to fine tune even the VDD2 rail now.

I guess I’ve just been so out of practice and I got really comfortable with the Dark and my old 12900K/M-die that just seemed to be up and running after no more than 4 hours.

I feel really bad tbh. I can’t believe I didn’t check my fan temp source, and then I made a big deal about it thinking it was the PWM control. I also probably should’ve jumped straight to VDD2 testing.

· Surly Old Fart
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
dont feel bad @affxct my friend was raging about how trash the Dark was after I was hyping it to him and he bought it. After about 9 days he was still complaining...I went over to his house, found him still on the BIOS that shipped with the board 😮 lol, the moment we got him to 1.15 he is 100% stable

· Registered
1,332 Posts
dont feel bad @affxct my friend was raging about how trash the Dark was after I was hyping it to him and he bought it. After about 9 days he was still complaining...I went over to his house, found him still on the BIOS that shipped with the board 😮 lol, the moment we got him to 1.15 he is 100% stable
Tbh my issues mainly started with A-die. I know I joke a lot about how I have the worst 13700K on Earth, but the IMC really wasn’t bad for my old Fury Beast M-die kit. I was having a blast for the first 3 weeks of RPL. Even on 2.03 I was having no real gripes. A-die has been an effing nightmare.

· Surly Old Fart
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
had some poor USB-C speeds recently out of the back of the Dark anyone else had this issue?

1.15 BIOS

can transfer a 5GB file at like 800/s then slows to like 40/s copying random other files

· Premium Member
8,141 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: z390e

· Surly Old Fart
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·

· Premium Member
3,624 Posts
EDIT: honestly if they put this up as a free for all and screwed people who signed up for the queue I will never buy another product from them again

thanks for posting but frustrating to see
They sold out within about 20 minutes. I was watching their live stream on twitch and saw it.

They said they should have more at the end of Dec or beginning of Jan on the stream.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
(Repost from EVGA Forum)

I just wanted to ask if anyone on here has managed to stabilise 7800-8200. I mean like TM5 ABSOLUT, Karhu 10K+, or HCI 600%+ and with some or other IMC test and verification of reboot stability. I don’t ask this as a taunt or challenge, I actually need to gauge what this board can do.

I’m not far from grabbing a new chip; I’m just waiting for a used 13900K to pop up and I suspect it’ll happen when the KS drops in a few weeks. I’m contemplating selling the Dark to a friend if it has a hard limit that defeats its use case for me.

I know that 8000+ GB3 runs have been done, but I specifically mean for daily reboot stability. I really just need to know if anyone out there can confirm this. I don’t need any sort of IMC voltages, ODTs or anything other than just your word, or a basic screenshot of a reasonable amount of testing with the speed and timings, and verification of reboot stability and daily usability so I can get an idea of how much is left in the tank on this thing.

TIA if anyone out there would be willing to reply to me on this.

· Registered
1,332 Posts

· Registered
546 Posts
Hi all,

So im coming from 2 EVGA full builds and im happy. But its time to retire the system (EVGA X99 FTW-K - i7-6800K - EVGA GTX 1070sc - EVGA PSU 840watt G2)
I was planning for a EVGA Z790 Classified but dang thats a steep price range 700 bucks in EU its gonna be even more.

So im looking at either the EVGA Z690 kingpin or classified pairing it with a 13th gen cpu. Not really down for OC (i might in the future) and be using 6000mhz Ram is plenty for me also not gonna OC ram. Primary usage = gaming and some work related stuff incl rendering.

I care for stability and reliability + longevity would the Z690 Kingpin be a good board for me i know its meant for OC records but i look at it differently the 12 layer PCB the good components used for HIGH oc means it should run really stable without OC's.

Should i go for it or better buy a Asus Z790 board? I still prefer EVGA boards since my last 2 rigs where EVGA with zero issues for 7 years!! But their Z790 is to expensive for me sadly.

Lastly what are your opinions on AMAZON EVGA shop? Is it really from EVGA or just a reseller using EVGA brand name?
Ive heard that they may send you an silly refurbished board with the box opened fingerprints on the board it self and a dirty box inside....i don't want that! Any one can attest to this from EVGA Amazon? because that place is the ONLY place i can order a EVGA board and ship it to EU.

Thx in advance

· Surly Old Fart
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
Has anyone identified the ideal method to improve BIOS time on the z690 Dark?

I have all boot devices disabled except the MBR, and Im still at 13.7s BIOS time on Windows 11. What are you guys seeing for BIOS times under task manager startup?

· Premium Member
8,141 Posts
361 - 380 of 518 Posts