Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 2280 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official EVGA Hadron Air
Owners Club

The purpose of this thread/club is to provide a place for owners and possible buyers of the EVGA Hadron's to show off their builds, share information, recommendations and possible recommendations for parts that work with this small case.




Case Dimensions

mITX Form Factor
Width: 6.6in - 169mm
Height: 12in - 305mm
Depth: 12.1in - 308mm
Supports Graphics Card 10.5in - 267mm (double slot)

P/N: 110-MA-1001-K1

EVGA Case Spec Sheet

Accessories Included

Optional Accessories(recommended by EVGA)

List of Supported CPU Coolers
Arctic Freezer 13
Cooler Master Hyper N250
Cooler Master Hyper TX3
EVGA ACX mITX CPU Cooler
Noctua NH-L9I
Noctua NH-C14
Noctua NH-U9B SE2
Phanteks PH-TC90LS
Thermalrite AXP-100

Power Supply Details
FSP500-501UN
(80PLUS Gold, RoHS Compliant)
500 Watts ATX 12V, 1U
Switching Power Supply

Output Characteristics

Output Voltage Minimum Load Normal Load Maximum Load Load Reg. Ripple & Noise
+3.3V 0.1A 10A 20A ± 5% 50mV P-P
+5V 0.1A 10A 20A ± 5% 50mV P-P
+12V 1A 8A 40A ± 5% 120mV P-P
-12V 0A 0.25A 0.5A ± 10% 120mV P-P
+5Vsb 0A 1.75A 3.5A ± 5% 50mV P-P

*+3.3V and +5V total output not exceed 130W
* Total output for this subject power supply is 500W

SparklePower Spec Sheet

Cable Management Tips/Screenshots/Ideas
Pic/Info credit to AirBorn:

Routed USB3 under motherboard for safe hiding.

Lets start with the bottom of the case, As you can see the bottom 3 arrows, There is a gap between the psu and the back of the case which allows for one to route excess cables there, (the 4 pin cables).
Secondly in the front of the case at the bottom of the hdd cage there are some gaps that one could route some cables through. I haven't used them for any of the psu cables but i have for the lighting cables.
Thirdly i routed the USB3 cable behind the mobo to hide it.

Otherwise from that all that is left is the 24 pin and the 8 pin pci-e and the 4 pin sata power and sata data and finally the two 4 pin mobo cables. All showed in green and then the sata data cables showed in blue.

Pic/Info credit to Coreda:

Routed the SATA cables into the base hole of the cage, through the SDD bay hole, then up the middle. The power connectors I also routed through the SDD bay in the side by removing one of the side grommets that wasn't being used.

Just need to get a cable tie and hook the main PSU cable to the base of the drive cage.

Pic/Info credit to Rprice06:


Hide unused cable behind PSU, using the indentations from the case to hold the cables in place

Useful Links:

Sleeving Guides

How to Photograph your Rig
To join, please fill out the form below
Registration Form

Members List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ap6AkshW2GNrdGY3TnVhblZTUUloWmkzcFhwajdNT1E&output=html&widget=true

For more information feel free to check out Coreda's "Evga Hadron Air Chassis Tips Compatibility Guide".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Nice one rprice
thumb.gif
Subbed.

Having a collective thread of tips and advice I'm sure will be super useful for new bulds. Once I get my system finished I'll also put myself on the member list
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Just posted my Hadron Air tips and CPU compatibility guide here. Contains links to the relevant references and sources. Any additional tips and suggestions from build experiences would be great to have included
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreda View Post

Just posted my Hadron Air tips and CPU compatibility guide here. Contains links to the relevant references and sources. Any additional tips and suggestions from build experiences would be great to have included
thumb.gif
Added to original post, commented regarding l9i, and updsted heatsink compatibility list
smile.gif


If you think we should make notes regarding the cpu coolers we can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice06 View Post

Sleeving is looking great. Glad you could join the Club
thumb.gif


Subbed your thread btw. interested to see how your colors blend, looks good so far.
Thanks and thanks! Can't wait to finish everything. Glad we have an owner's club now
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice06 View Post

Added to original post, commented regarding l9i, and updsted heatsink compatibility list
smile.gif


If you think we should make notes regarding the cpu coolers we can.
I think for the Noctua NH-C14 it may be worth noting it's large size, especially as it requires one of the top fans to be removed to fit. Certainly not slowing down it's use in builds, though
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice06 View Post

Awesome. Glad to have your support. Look forward to seeing the build my friend
tongue.gif
Isn't much of a build lol.

The beginning along with some refreshments.


Replacing a few fans.


The mess that will be the wiring and yes that is stock cooling for now
frown.gif



I threw something together as a Christmas present for my son. I never even took any photos of the thing completed but after I finished the quick build I have been severely tempted to upgrade this thing a lot.
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***steven View Post

Quick question; Why did you choose the "Computer Cases" forum as opposed to the "Small Form Factor Systems" forum?
Good Question, like I had said before... hehe, I'm new to this
thumbsupsmiley.png


I'm really indifferent where this is, but if you guys want I can ask to have it moved to the SFFs forum.

I honestly looked for a few cases and they seemed to be listed in the Computer Cases Forum. (Bitfenix Prodigy was my example for where to list)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr3nd3l View Post

I threw something together as a Christmas present for my son. I never even took any photos of the thing completed but after I finished the quick build I have been severely tempted to upgrade this thing a lot.
biggrin.gif
Still....welcome. I'm sure your son was very happy! We look forward to seeing more of it. Which heatsink is that btw?
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heruur View Post

Im tempted to drop my tj-08e for this.
That's completely up to you my friend. I know the TJ-08 is a NICE case. We'd be glad to have you if you make the switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreda View Post

I think for the Noctua NH-C14 it may be worth noting it's large size, especially as it requires one of the top fans to be removed to fit. Certainly not slowing down it's use in builds, though
biggrin.gif
Curious.... is this confirmed for every motherboard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
My son absolutely loves the computer.
biggrin.gif

Embarrassed to say it but that's just a stock AMD cooler for right now. Replacing that and giving him my 560 ti 448 core are going to be the first upgrades I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr3nd3l View Post

My son absolutely loves the computer.
biggrin.gif

Embarrassed to say it but that's just a stock AMD cooler for right now. Replacing that and giving him my 560 ti 448 core are going to be the first upgrades I do.
Gonna be a little tricky replacing that cooler with how close it is to your DIMM slots and PCI-E. What cooler did you have in mind?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice06 View Post

Curious.... is this confirmed for every motherboard?
So far for the ASRock Z87E-ITX and Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe at least. With the latter it either blocking either the GPU or top fans depending on rotation. It's a tricky cooler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***steven View Post

Gonna be a little tricky replacing that cooler with how close it is to your DIMM slots and PCI-E. What cooler did you have in mind?
Do to the restrictions I am dealing with and to make this a mostly EVGA build I am thinking of going with the EVGA cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835288003

I am not overclocking this build and the stock cooler seems to be doing fine so the EVGA one should work no problem.
 
1 - 20 of 2280 Posts
Top