Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 5755 Posts

·
No longer New to OCN
2,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motsm View Post

I couldn't be less interested in another first person Fallout game, especially one developed by Bethesda.
I expect as like fallout 3 you'll be able to have the option to play 3rd person

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Well I just pre-ordered the game on steam.

I never ever pre-order games, but the Fallout series has a special place in my heart
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to play it.

·
No longer New to OCN
2,523 Posts
FIFTY POUNDS FOR PRE-ORDER ON STEAM?! That's taking the piss. I have a moral objection to spending more than £30 on a PC game on Steam. Sorry Bethesda but I can't let my bank account get raped and abused like that.

·
Covfefe
2,199 Posts
Yes - at last!!!

£50 seems a tad steep though.

Fallout 3 was a great game, played through 4 or 5 times. Great weapons, great character progression interesting missions and maps.

Hoping for more bobblehead hunts.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Eskimo View Post

FIFTY POUNDS FOR PRE-ORDER ON STEAM?! That's taking the piss. I have a moral objection to spending more than £30 on a PC game on Steam. Sorry Bethesda but I can't let my bank account get raped and abused like that.
£50
eek.gif
eek.gif

You guys are getting ripped off. Jesus christ. That is $77
wth.gif

·
Registered
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Eskimo View Post

I expect as like fallout 3 you'll be able to have the option to play 3rd person
I just meant that I don't care for any shooter variant of Fallout, I'd prefer turn based combat like the series originally had.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post

Well I just pre-ordered the game on steam.

I never ever pre-order games, but the Fallout series has a special place in my heart
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to play it.
If you're going to pre-order, why not check GMG frequently? You can usually get 20-25% off, even on pre-orders.

Not sure if this works with Fallout but I received an email from them yesterday

23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Cannot wait for this to be released. My entire office shut down for 3 minutes to watch the trailer on YouTube.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughtahouse View Post

If you're going to pre-order, why not check GMG frequently? You can usually get 20-25% off, even on pre-orders.

23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR
I didn't know that site existed :/

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad hoc View Post

I'm really hoping it will be DX11. But hey, if it's 9 I'll live. it's Fallout 4 for God's sake. I'm going nuts over here. As far as the graphics, I have no complaints. I wasn't expecting them to be cutting edge. The art style is great (Colors!) and the animations look pretty fluid. I'm happy so far.
As much as I share your enthusiasm, no, just no. DX 11 has been out for 5 years, DX 12 is around the corner, and we're still getting DX 9 AAA games. Absolutely disgusting.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post

As much as I share your enthusiasm, no, just no. DX 11 has been out for 5 years, DX 12 is around the corner, and we're still getting DX 9 AAA games. Absolutely disgusting.
I agree. DX 9 is dead. People need to move on. I really hope they can make the game DX12 compatible. But I doubt it. DX 11 is fine.

·
Banned
4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad hoc View Post

I'm really hoping it will be DX11. But hey, if it's 9 I'll live. it's Fallout 4 for God's sake. I'm going nuts over here. As far as the graphics, I have no complaints. I wasn't expecting them to be cutting edge. The art style is great (Colors!) and the animations look pretty fluid. I'm happy so far.
Wont be any ENB's if its DX11.

·
Banned
4,294 Posts
Quote:

23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR
Why Preorder at all?
The game wont be out for quite a while.
Theres no actual gameplay or footage shown, just a trailer.
Theres no actual information about the game other than it being in Boston.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
I literally don't care if its DX11 or if it's buggy. So were the last two, and I still poured about 400-500 hours across both games on 2 different systems. I never had huge issues like everyone else did. I don't pay full price for a lot of games anymore, but this is always a priority on my list.

Also, I love the trailer for this game. They went back to the 'real' way to hype this newer Fallout series. Fallout 3 had so many great trailers and just general authenticity to it that I didn't feel with NV as it was in it's release stages. However, I ended up liking NV a bit better because of the DLC.

This trailer gave me that same tingly feeling that the FO3 did and always will.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta09 View Post

Why Preorder at all?
The game wont be out for quite a while.
Theres no actual gameplay or footage shown, just a trailer.
Theres no actual information about the game other than it being in Boston.
I get that but if you're going to, mine as well save some money and get it from a site like GMG where they typically have pre-sales.

·
Banned
4,294 Posts
Quote:

I get that but if you're going to, mine as well save some money and get it from a site like GMG where they typically have pre-sales.
GMG for us in EU uses GBP so we dont save a dime sadly
thumb.gif

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta09 View Post

GMG for us in EU uses GBP so we dont save a dime sadly
thumb.gif
Oh I know, im in EU at the moment. I tried to VPN it but it doesn't work on my existing account. I had to get a friend to make me an account back home and purchase a game (GTA) just to avoid it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Batman Arkham Knight. Be the Batman.
Fallout 4. Be the dog.

Jokes aside, first 2 were games of my childhood. Im going to preorder if release date wont be a year away.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,765 Posts
41 - 60 of 5755 Posts