Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 17618 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I said I wouldn't post stage 3... but here it is. Probably a few things I could do to make it better, but it's not like there's a window to show it off anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
Looking good so far, I recently just emailed NCIX to see if they are going to carry the Arctic White R3 but I'm still waiting on a response.
At least NCIX is kinda-ish close to alaska. Could be worse.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Can anyone with this case measure the front area where the two fans sit? I wanted to see if I can fit a 240 radiator into that spot. I will be removing the HDD trays and putting my watercooling parts in that spot.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi, I'm new on this forum I hope i will like it! I just wqanted to post couple of pic of my Fractal Design RIG. The Spec are un my description.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thought I'd share my Fractal build with you. Can't see much of it around here, as I guess it's not that common in USA.

Case: Fractal Design R3 Black Pearl
The rest is on my sig. Btw: My OS SSD is stored on top of the CDrom, and my storage HDD is in the second 5,25 inch bay. Why not?

·
Registered
926 Posts
This R3 is really tempting. I have built three rigs onto that case at my workplace this week and really love it. Cable management is top class. Maybe I trade my Antec 300 to this

·
15,777 Posts
If only I had a Fractal Design.
They take feedback from users which is a big plus for such a company.
And their cases follow my golden rule, sleek and anti-flashy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehpexs View Post
I'm just about the pull the trigger on an R3 + 620 watt Seasonic combo deal. Which color is better the silver or titanium front?
I like the titanium better than silver. The titanium is a bit darker and I like that.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Nice looking units.

How is the front intake air? On the old P181/2 there were some issues with poor intake unles you modded the grills and opened the front door. Only sorted that out on the P183, which is a real pity.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
291 Posts
The front panel door pretty much restricts air flow to the fans. There is very little space between the door and front bezel. I don't see a lot dust on the doors for the front fans. However, when I do open to doors the fans filters are covered in dust. The fans seem to pull air from the side and bottom vents on the front bezel. There is about a 1/2 inch space between the fan filter and the doors. You can actually see the fans and filters through the side vents.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SupahSpankeh View Post
Nice looking units.

How is the front intake air? On the old P181/2 there were some issues with poor intake unles you modded the grills and opened the front door. Only sorted that out on the P183, which is a real pity.

Thoughts?
I didnt get to test it yet. I'm still waiting for a RMA replacement of my XFX HD5870 XT, which didnt function as it should. I had to downclock it from the "small frabric overclock" to normal 5870 speeds, and I guess future overclocking wouldn't be really optimal either
The HD-587A-ZNE9 chip is probably a bad one, as I can't find it in any webshops.
I'll do some testing once I have the GFX card though! I'm expecting worse temperatures compared to the HAF932 I had before. But on the plus-side: With the R3, you can install dual top fans, side fan and a bottom fan for better airflow, and all intakes are filtered.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yes! I will buy this R3 beauty tomorrow from my workplace!
At 59€ (normally 99€, I get everything on the purchase price). I though adding a one or two 140mm slip stream 500 or 800rpm on the top because my CPU cooler is mounted on sideways.

21 - 40 of 17618 Posts