Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1586 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not spam, nor is it a joke of any sort. This is a serious matter that I'd like to address that has not been released officially to anyone. Out of respect for privacy I will not be going into detail.

Many people understand that I was a FrozenCPU employee for almost 3 years. I loved the time I spent there, it was not only a fun and enriching experience, but built my work ethic to allow me to become a professional individual through high school. I established unparalleled relationships with my coworkers, many of whom I can consider family. The office staff however, was not the same. Currently I am not employed by, and do not represent FrozenCPU in any way. The owner has struggled a long battle with addiction, and events that unfolded earlier last week have rendered the company unoperational and shut down for good. Physical damage of the warehouse has occurred as well as the dismissal of all support and warehouse staff; the company has no plans of re-establishing themselves.

My initiatives are harmless; I want to protect the community that fostered my love for computers and technology from sending payments or spending money on products that will not come. Some users have already caught on to this fact after their UPS Overnights were not delivered today. Since all staff has been fired, nobody is updating the website to inform the loyal community about the closure, nor has anyone taken steps to shut the website down. I have no sources and no images, and my credibility of this testimony rests on my previous employment with the company (why I nested this thread in "rumors and unconfirmed articles").

Thanks everyone for your time. Mods, if I have done wrong, please PM me and I'll fix any issues. Please DO NOT PM me regarding this topic; I have no further information to give.

TL;DR: Do not order from the FrozenCPU marketplace, as they have closed doors and will not be shipping product or answering E-Mails and phones.

Note from ENTERPRISE
Quote:
This thread has been re-instated. Please post within the boundaries of the TOS as be respectful and courteous to others when posting, even if you do not agree with opinions shared. Furthermore please also note that as there is no official statement as of yet that all information posted up until such a time is for all intense and purposes 100% conjecture until officially verified.

Keep it clean please.
Do NOT call neighboring businesses to confirm. This is unprofessional and unrelated to the company's business.

Current Status (12:04am EST):
FrozenCPU announces that they are not accepting orders on their website homepage:
Quote:
Site down until further notice
February 15, 2015
FrozenCPU.com will not be processing orders until future notice.
Given that this is the final piece of evidence that community was waiting for, I will no longer be updating this thread. It was a hectic and emotion-full week and I'm glad there is finally word from FrozenCPU. Thanks to everyone that provided their input!

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS

PHOTOS OF DAMAGE

Timeline of relevant information:
Primochill announces the end of FrozenCPU on their Facebook page at 5:37pm 2/13:
Quote:
After hearing from Mark earlier this week, we had high hopes that FrozenCPU would recover from whatever hardship occurred. However, we have not received any further indication that this is happening anytime in the near future. This is definitely a hard hit to the community and the industry. We have so much compassion for all affected. Although we have the utmost respect for FrozenCPU, we also are concerned for our customers and resellers that have been derailed by this situation and are desperately looking for our products.
In response to this, we have decided to re-open our online shop for end users, and will again start accepting new reseller applications shortly. We will be working day and night to get the website functional as soon as possible. Your patience during this time is much appreciated.
The loss of Frozen CPU is the end of the Era and we will all miss the great contributions that they made to the computer modification industry.
Exposes photos of damage inside the building of FrozenCPU (posted on 4:53pm EST, 2/11):
PHOTOS OF DAMAGE

Owner of FrozenCPU to HardForum on 2/10 at 10:21pm.
Quote:
"We just heard back from Mark Friga, the owner of FrozenCPU.com, a long time enthusiast community supplier, and he explained to me that FrozenCPU is in fact not going out of business as rumored earlier today. He said that FrozenCPU is currently running a skeleton crew and to please bare with his company while the it is ramping back up to 100% employee capacity." LINK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

Yeah, this is confirmed. Not sure what's going to happen now, but we have confirmed that Frozen CPU is out of business.
The statement has been retracted in this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Hello all,

I need to officially retract any statements with respect to Frozen CPU closing down made by our rep here. We have no official information in that respect. I do apologize for any confusion on the part of our rep, which was caused by an informal conversation we had and that should have never been publicly disclosed.

The truth of the matter is this: nobody except Frozen CPU insiders really know what happened, and I for one have been unable to contact any such insiders.

All I can hope is that this could be a temporarily thing, and if it is not, then I am personally saddened by the news.

Gabriel Rouchon
Chairman & CEO, Swiftech.

Summary of Information
Thanks to 47 Knucklehead for the summary!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

uh... okay. Doesn't that company have a spokesperson?
It's a sole proprietorship, not a corporation, so unfortunately they do not.

·
You broke it!
14,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post

performance-pcs. I prefer them actually.
They are garbage, "amazing" until you have a return and they turn into flaming idiots. I have the e-mail to prove it.

As for FrozenCPU, damn that sucks, they were always great to me and I was on the verge of going back to WC. Hell, I was just browsing their products again........

Life sucks sometimes.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,951 Posts
Sucks if true.

Sidewinders is constantly out of stock on everything, petras-tech closed down, newegg no longer carries any real selection of liquid cooling and other specialty parts, and PPCs is always a total gamble.

What does that leave... hunting around on ebay and amazon?
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
There is Xoxide and Sidewinder as well. SVC has some stuff as well.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebsterXC View Post

This is not spam, nor is it a joke of any sort. This is a serious matter that I'd like to address that has not been released officially to anyone. Out of respect for privacy I will not be going into detail.

Many people understand that I was a FrozenCPU employee for almost 3 years. I loved the time I spent there, it was not only a fun and enriching experience, but built my work ethic to allow me to become a professional individual through high school. I established unparalleled relationships with my coworkers, many of whom I can consider family. The office staff however, was not the same.
The owner has struggled a long battle with addiction, and events that unfolded earlier last week have rendered the company unoperational and shut down for good. Physical damage of the warehouse has occurred as well as the dismissal of all support and warehouse staff; the company has no plans of re-establishing themselves.

My initiatives are harmless; I want to protect the community that fostered my love for computers and technology from sending payments or spending money on products that will not come. Some users have already caught on to this fact after their UPS Overnights were not delivered today. Since all staff has been fired, nobody is updating the website to inform the loyal community about the closure, nor has anyone taken steps to shut the website down. I have no sources and no images, and my credibility of this testimony rests on my previous employment with the company (why I nested this thread in "rumors and unconfirmed articles").

Thanks everyone for your time. Mods, if I have done wrong, please PM me and I'll fix any issues. Please DO NOT PM me regarding this topic; I have no further information to give.

TL;DR: Do not order from the FrozenCPU marketplace, as they have closed doors and will not be shipping product or answering E-Mails and phones.
frown.gif

·
You broke it!
14,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

Sucks if true.

Sidewinders is constantly out of stock on everything, petras-tech closed down, newegg no longer carries any real selection of liquid cooling and other specialty parts, and PPCs is always a total gamble.

What does that leave... hunting around on ebay and amazon?
frown.gif
If this is true, it will leave a big hole in the industry.

However, I think water cooling is becoming less and less sustainable as an industry anyways. From my limited perspective on it, a lot of the guys I know who were into it are out of it, including myself. You also have a very high entry point in terms of cost and knowledge to do it, which greatly reduces the number of people coming into it. Basically it is a market where the veterans are leaving, and no one is really left to bring new people into it.

You also have the potential threat of emerging air cooling technologies that could potentially make WC obsolete.

·
You broke it!
14,298 Posts
I just called their number, no answer. Not even an IVR. Literally just rang and rang and rang, then went static.

First time it has done that for me, ever.

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Hmmm. I just made an international order, wonder what will happen if this is true.

Where will I get carbon black bitspower fittings now? I don't want to have to order from them direct because it is so expensive.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If this is true that kinda stinks, leaves US customers with only one good supplier (PPCs)

Gotta say though, a bit surprising there's no news posted on their site about this.

Also curious, why do some think PPC's is "always a gamble"? I have not made an order with them before

·

1,117 Posts
Nooo, oh man...

This sucks if it's true. This is very sad.

frown.gif

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Who is the representative of this company on OCN? Is that the owner? If it's not the owner (who I am assuming is the one with the issue), then I would wait for confirmation from them first.

Otherwise if it is, then I guess this is the best anyone will get.

·
Registered
264 Posts
What terrible news. I have had nothing but wonderful experiences from this wonderful company. I truly hope that this is not due to the arrogance of a single person, as you quoted physical destruction. I wish we had more information.

1 - 20 of 1586 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.